    correct me if im wrong but i find this zoom creep lock on these lenses is only good for one thing.locking the lens in the 28mm
    position.i think it would be more advantageous if the lock worked at all focal length's.opinions/comments please boys and
    girls.regards to all from TBM...

    tbm, Feb 16, 2005

  2. tbm

    bmoag Guest

    I think it would be more advantageous if the lock prevented that lens from
    being attached to any camera.

    bmoag, Feb 17, 2005

  3. tbm

    Pete D Guest

    "bmoag" <> wrote in message
    >I think it would be more advantageous if the lock prevented that lens from
    >being attached to any camera.

    Had a bad experience with one?

    Pete D, Feb 17, 2005
  4. tbm

    Mac Guest

    I made a comparative test between this Sigma (28-300) and new Sigma 80-400mm
    OS. With the same parameters (ISO 800, f/14, 1/125s, 300 mm) the picture
    taken with Sigma 28-300 is visible more sharper then one taken with Sigma
    80-400mm OS. Both pictures are taken "hand-held" from the appartment window
    (the subject was the ornament from the building, cca 30m distance). The OS
    function of Sigma 80-400mm was ON. So, I am really satisfied with my
    "cheapo" lens 28-300 (200$ in comparison with 1000$+ for 80-400mm). Of
    course, the 80-400mm has OS (optical stabilizator) and will allow to use
    slower shutter speed for "hand-held" shooting.

    Mac

    Mac, Feb 17, 2005
  5. tbm

    Pete D Guest

    I have a Sigma 55-200 mm and under some circumstances it is very sharp,
    other times not so good, still trying to sort out when it is good and why.

    Pete D, Feb 17, 2005