Zoom 5801 ATA direct pstn-to-sip single stage bridge

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by xj25vm, Jan 28, 2009.

1. xj25vm

xj25vm

I have purchased one of these units few weeks ago. I need it to NOT auto-answer the PSTN line for incoming calls - but to ring the sip line (going to my Asterisk box) when there is an incoming pstn call and only bridge the call once the sip line has answered. This is so that people who call in don't hang around, with the call already answered, but the line ringing again the internal extension/Asterisk box. Does anybody around here have one of these units - and do you know if this can be done? Zoom support says that it can't be done, but I am not entirely sure they have understood my question - and it seems strange for a unit with the level of features of this particular unit not to be capable of this relatively simple thing.

Any input is appreciated. Also, if you think posting to some other forum somewhere else is more likely to yield information - please suggest.

Thank you

xj25vm, Jan 28, 2009
    1. Advertising