ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.0 beta

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Sam Crawford, Jul 14, 2005.

  1. Sam Crawford

    Sam Crawford Guest

    Sam Crawford, Jul 14, 2005

  2. Yes
    This is from an article that had discussed the support of x64 from ZoneAlarm
    would be coming this summer, with a final release in September.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 14, 2005

  3. Sam Crawford

    Rick Guest

    No! It is not compatible with x64. I just downloaded the installation
    file and when I tried to install in on Win x64, a message came telling
    me it was not compatible with the current OS and terminated!

    Rick, Jul 15, 2005
  4. PC Magazine lied to us the, personally, I wouldn't install ZoneAlarm (final)
    or BETA if my life depended on it. the Windows FireWall is enough for me.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 15, 2005
  5. Sam Crawford

    Sam Crawford Guest

    On 14-Jul-2005, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <> wrote:

    > PC Magazine lied to us the, personally, I wouldn't install ZoneAlarm
    > (final)
    > or BETA if my life depended on it. the Windows FireWall is enough for me.

    Andre,

    I've been running ZoneAlarm Pro for the past three years on my XP-Pro boxes.
    I use it for antivirus and as a firewall and couldn't be happier with it.
    It sure uses a lot fewer resources than any of the Symantec products. The
    only feature I don't use is their anti-spam filter with Outlook 2003. I use
    Qurb instead.

    Why are you so disillusioned with it?

    Sam

    Sam Crawford, Jul 15, 2005