    as well?

    I read the manual and it talked about setting options that didn't exist -
    maybe they were for the version you have to pay for.

    Dan, Aug 21, 2005

  2. Dan

    Brian Guest

    Brian, Aug 21, 2005

  3. Dan

    Brian Guest

    Read further in the article ans it explains about setting the securty level
    lower so that ICS can be used with the free version but not recommended
    because the host PC is not stealthed on the internet

    Brian, Aug 21, 2005
  4. Dan

    Dan Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in

    > Read further in the article ans it explains about setting the securty
    > level lower so that ICS can be used with the free version but not
    > recommended because the host PC is not stealthed on the internet

    Cheers for that, I'll maybe try to find another free program that allows
    ICS, any recomendations anyone?

    Dan, Aug 21, 2005
  5. Dan

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Dan <> wrote in news:Xns96B9EA093373Adandandannn@194.117.143.37:

    > "Brian" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Read further in the article ans it explains about setting the securty
    >> level lower so that ICS can be used with the free version but not
    >> recommended because the host PC is not stealthed on the internet
    >>

    > Cheers for that, I'll maybe try to find another free program that allows
    > ICS, any recomendations anyone?

    You could stick with ZA and supplement it with IPsec that's on the XP O/S.

    http://www.petri.co.il/block_ping_traffic_with_ipsec.htm
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=813878

    On the other hand, may be you should consider not doing ICS period and use
    a cheap NAT router to provide the ICS for the network.

    You can get a good NAT router on sale for about $20 to $30 dollars if you
    shop.

    You can supplement the NAT router with a personal FW or IPsec solution to
    stop outbound traffic that cheap NAT router cannot stop.

    However, if you must run with a Win 2K mahine as the gateway computer with
    a direct connection to the Internet, then may be you should try to secure
    the O/S from attack as much as possible.

    http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/securingwin2000.htm

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 21, 2005
  6. Dan

    Kenty Guest

    "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    > Dan <> wrote in
    >
    >> "Brian" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Read further in the article ans it explains about setting the securty
    >>> level lower so that ICS can be used with the free version but not
    >>> recommended because the host PC is not stealthed on the internet
    >>>

    >> Cheers for that, I'll maybe try to find another free program that allows
    >> ICS, any recomendations anyone?
    >>

    > You could stick with ZA and supplement it with IPsec that's on the XP O/S.
    >
    > http://www.petri.co.il/block_ping_traffic_with_ipsec.htm
    > http://www.analogx.com/contents/articles/ipsec.htm
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=813878
    >
    > On the other hand, may be you should consider not doing ICS period and use
    > a cheap NAT router to provide the ICS for the network.
    >
    > You can get a good NAT router on sale for about $20 to $30 dollars if you
    > shop.
    >
    > http://www.homenethelp.com/web/explain/about-NAT.asp
    >
    > You can supplement the NAT router with a personal FW or IPsec solution to
    > stop outbound traffic that cheap NAT router cannot stop.
    >
    > However, if you must run with a Win 2K mahine as the gateway computer with
    > a direct connection to the Internet, then may be you should try to secure
    > the O/S from attack as much as possible.
    >
    > http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/securingwin2000.htm
    >
    > Duane :)

    I had to switch to Sygate (which is also free) which supports ICS

    Kenty, Aug 22, 2005
  7. What's in a Name?, Aug 23, 2005