    A lot of my other tray icons have disappeared also.

    Thanks for the help

    John

    John, Jan 16, 2006

  2. John

    Chet Guest

    Have you recently changed any settings in MSCONFIG?

    Chet, Jan 17, 2006

  3. John

    k35454 Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    ZoneAlarm has disappeared from my tray at the bottom right in XPsp2.

    Anyone know where it has gone and why the icon is no longer there? It
    does still seem to be running, but when I go to programs and try to
    open it, it doesn't open. Comes up with a message asking me to browse
    for something or other.

    A lot of my other tray icons have disappeared also.

    Thanks for the help

    John

    It happens to me when I use Spyware Doctor: it knocks off
    zlclient which is enough to kill zonealarm.
    Go into the Zone Alarm file in Program Files and see if zlclient
    is still there. k35454.

    k35454, Jan 17, 2006
  4. John

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > ZoneAlarm has disappeared from my tray at the bottom right in XPsp2.
    >
    > Anyone know where it has gone and why the icon is no longer there? It
    > does still seem to be running, but when I go to programs and try to
    > open it, it doesn't open. Comes up with a message asking me to browse
    > for something or other.
    >
    > A lot of my other tray icons have disappeared also.

    That's a notorious problem with all NT based O/S(s) it seems as icons that
    should show for application in the Job Trey disappear. I understand this is
    due to a corrupted user profile. There is supposed to be a fix for this but
    I never got around to applying it and I have lost the link for the fix. My
    solution to get around this problem is check off and then back on the entry
    in MSconfig Start-up tab for the application in question and reboot the
    machine if I have to see the icon. That usually fixes the problem for
    awhile.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jan 17, 2006