    of Zonealarm and installed it on my system without a problem.

    It tells me it is a 28-day Beta and will expire in 28 days.

    It is up and running as I type this post!
    Rick, Feb 15, 2006

  2. "Rick" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > As I stated in my last post, I downloaded and installed the 64-bit Beta of
    > Zonealarm and installed it on my system without a problem.
    >
    > It tells me it is a 28-day Beta and will expire in 28 days.
    >
    > It is up and running as I type this post!

    As I stated in the other thread, it is working now because they replaced the
    bad file that wouldn't install. Also, their is no expiration if you only
    use the basic FireWall portion of the program. I already have an anti-virus
    solution. ;o)
    John Jacob Jingle Heimer Schmidtt, Feb 15, 2006

  3. Rick

    Guest Guest

    And please - as most of you have had plenty of beta experience,
    Don't forget to read what was on the download page

    How to help make this Beta more successful:
    1.. Make sure to click all panels and verify that they load and refresh correctly.
    2.. Test each of the features
    3.. Keep an eye on system stability while running the Zone Labs Beta
    4.. Usability: Any concepts or text that is unclear or not easy to use?
    5.. Check that uninstall removes the software and make sure upgrading your existing Zone Labs Software works.
    6.. Please send detailed feedback using this form: http://www.zonelabs.com/betafeedback

    & remember:
    This is the time to tell them what you've
    learned and ask for things that you want.
    Clear concise feedback and innovative requests are usually rewarded.

    Guest, Feb 15, 2006
  4. Hi Patrick you forgot to 'Paste' the following :)

    Important:

    This 64-bit Beta will ONLY install on systems with a 64-bit OS
    Antivirus Monitoring is not working correctly (39154)
    Some files and registry entries are left behind after uninstall (39268)
    Invalid new program alert with "object xxx" (39273)
    MS Security Center doesn't detect the ZoneAlarm Firewall (39048)

    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/beta/index.html#download

    Hemanth

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVtYW50aA==?=, Feb 15, 2006
  5. How many of you found spywares by ZAlarm?

    Panda active ONLINE scan found 44 spywares on my system! But ZAlarm found
    none even with advanced scan( 2nd level)! ( Ofcourse I did not clean spywares
    after using Panda online scan, as I have to pay for their Active scan pro
    version).
    Moreover, ZAlarm does not have anti virus of its own (?) but it was trying
    to detect second party anti virus utilities on my system!

    I uninstalled ZAlarm immediately and now back to my AVG 7.1 :)
    Hemanth

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVtYW50aA==?=, Feb 15, 2006
  6. Rick

    Guest Guest

    There are several commercial versions of ZoneAlarm, one version
    "ZoneAlarmPro"
    only monitors the Antivirus that you prefer and verifies that it has the
    latest database
    available - other versions, suites, include antivirus and anti-spyware
    components.
    You can read more here:
    http://www.zonelabs.com/store/appli...k.skuList&dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en&lid=nav_ss
    as to which versions will be released 64bit...the market will determine.

    Guest, Feb 15, 2006
  7. Has anyone been able to get Zonealarm x64 to work with Avast 4.6? It boots
    up and locks my system unless I completely uninstall Avast. Also anyone know
    of a Zonealarm beta x64 forum? I looked through Zonealarms regular support
    forum and didn't see anything that applied.

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tIENvY2hyYW4=?=, Feb 15, 2006
  8. Rick

    Rick Guest

    There is a BetaFeedBack link at the link given below:

    Rick, Feb 15, 2006