    Which one copy the GUI of the other? Which firewall is better for
    personal use?

    Thanks a lot!

    Jerry, Feb 23, 2006

  2. Jerry

    Kerodo Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I found the GUI for ZoneAlarm firewall and CA (Computer Associates)
    > eTrust firewall are very similar? Which firewall is first in market?
    > Which one copy the GUI of the other? Which firewall is better for
    > personal use?
    >
    > Thanks a lot!

    CA is using the ZoneAlarm firewall (ZA was first). Similarly, ZoneAlarm
    uses the CA antivirus in their ZA Suite product. So there seems to be a
    reciprocal relationship there. If you want the original firewall, use
    ZA, but I suspect they are pretty much the same. ZA would provide you
    with the latest and quickest updates I imagine.

    --
    Kerodo

    Kerodo, Feb 23, 2006

  3. Kerio is a great one to look at if your interested, and it dosen't
    leak, it dosen't slow you down like ZoneAlarm does. You can set up
    your rules for it at www.grc.com, we have the software up on our site.

    Regards.

    * www.privacyoffshore.net (No Logs Internet Surfing)
    * Anonymous Secure Offshore SSH-2 Surfing Tunnels
    * Anonymous Mail & News through SSH-2 Tunnels
    * Free Resources and Privacy Software

    (admins) privacyoffshore, Feb 23, 2006
  4. Jerry

    Notan Guest

    "(admins) privacyoffshore" wrote:

    > Kerio is a great one to look at if your interested, and it dosen't
    > leak, it dosen't slow you down like ZoneAlarm does. You can set up
    > your rules for it at www.grc.com, we have the software up on our site.

    I'll second that recommendation...

    Kerio Personal Firewall was recently acquired by Sunbelt Software, and is
    currently being offered for $14.95. (I paid $45.00. Damn! <g>)

    Have a look at http://www.sunbelt-software.com/kerio.cfm.

    Notan

    Notan, Feb 23, 2006
  5. Jerry

    Mike Jones Guest

    Notan wrote:
    > "(admins) privacyoffshore" wrote:
    >>
    >> Kerio is a great one to look at if your interested, and it dosen't
    >> leak, it dosen't slow you down like ZoneAlarm does. You can set up
    >> your rules for it at www.grc.com, we have the software up on our
    >> site.

    > I'll second that recommendation...
    >
    > Kerio Personal Firewall was recently acquired by Sunbelt Software,
    > and is currently being offered for $14.95. (I paid $45.00. Damn! <g>)
    >
    > Have a look at http://www.sunbelt-software.com/kerio.cfm.

    KPF 2.15 is/was free

    Mike Jones, Feb 23, 2006
  6. Jerry

    Notan Guest

    Mike Jones wrote:

    > Notan wrote:
    > > "(admins) privacyoffshore" wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Kerio is a great one to look at if your interested, and it dosen't
    > >> leak, it dosen't slow you down like ZoneAlarm does. You can set up
    > >> your rules for it at www.grc.com, we have the software up on our
    > >> site.

    > > I'll second that recommendation...
    > >
    > > Kerio Personal Firewall was recently acquired by Sunbelt Software,
    > > and is currently being offered for $14.95. (I paid $45.00. Damn! <g>)
    > >
    > > Have a look at http://www.sunbelt-software.com/kerio.cfm.
    > >

    > KPF 2.15 is/was free

    And still available, if you look hard enough.

    Personally, I like v4.x and its updated components, and with such a low price
    (annual updates are $9.95), it's a steal!

    Notan

    Notan, Feb 23, 2006