    Grr.... That's a mistake I won't be making again.

    Cheers,

    Phil.

    Phil Da Lick!, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Phil Da Lick!

    Kerodo Guest

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > ZA has alterted me twice within the last week that internet explorer is a
    > changed program. I have not run any windows update in that time.
    >
    > My system is completely up to date, as are my NAV 2003 virus definitions.
    > NAV reports no viruses.
    >
    > Can anybody tell me what the hell is going on. Has my system been
    > compromised? (its not this one :>). My usual procedure under circumstances
    > like this is to immediately reformat the lot via an msdos startup disk and
    > reinstall from scratch but since I converted to ntfs I can't do that.
    > Grr.... That's a mistake I won't be making again.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Phil.

    When I used ZA Pro 4.xx, I found that it gave a lot of false alerts
    about program components changing and so on. It was fairly annoying at
    times. I just ignored it most of the time, but that sort of defeats the
    purpose of the firewall. Anyway, I've since changed to Kerio 2.1.5 and
    I'm a lot happier now.

    Kerodo, Jan 19, 2004

  3. "Kerodo" <> wrote in message
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > > ZA has alterted me twice within the last week that internet explorer is

    > > changed program. I have not run any windows update in that time.
    > >
    > > My system is completely up to date, as are my NAV 2003 virus

    definitions.
    > > NAV reports no viruses.
    > >
    > > Can anybody tell me what the hell is going on. Has my system been
    > > compromised? (its not this one :>). My usual procedure under

    circumstances
    > > like this is to immediately reformat the lot via an msdos startup disk

    and
    > > reinstall from scratch but since I converted to ntfs I can't do that.
    > > Grr.... That's a mistake I won't be making again.
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > >
    > > Phil.
    > >

    > When I used ZA Pro 4.xx, I found that it gave a lot of false alerts
    > about program components changing and so on. It was fairly annoying at
    > times. I just ignored it most of the time, but that sort of defeats the
    > purpose of the firewall. Anyway, I've since changed to Kerio 2.1.5 and
    > I'm a lot happier now.

    Hmmm I still think a reinstall is warranted. A new hdd will do the trick
    with a plug in jobby on the old one to ghet my data files off.

    As for your comments about ZA it isn't IMO as good as it was. I'll give
    Kerio a try. Thanks for the tip.

    Phil Da Lick!, Jan 19, 2004