    these?? Is it best to run ZA 26x or Norton?

    -Mike
    , May 14, 2004

  2. George Ruch Guest

    wrote:

    >Hello..
    >
    >Am thinking of reinstalling my paid-for, registered version of
    >ZoneAlarm in Win2kPro. Here are the files in the `Install' folder:
    >
    >zonalm26362zla.exe
    >zonalm26zl.exe
    >zapro26231.exe
    >zonalm26.exe

    This is a _seriously_ outdated version, and may have compatibility problems
    with Win 2K and XP. The current paid version is 4.5.594.000, and is
    available at www.zonelabs.com.

    George Ruch, May 14, 2004

  3. Louise Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Hello..
    >
    > Am thinking of reinstalling my paid-for, registered version of
    > ZoneAlarm in Win2kPro. Here are the files in the `Install' folder:
    >
    > zonalm26362zla.exe
    > zonalm26zl.exe
    > zapro26231.exe
    > zonalm26.exe
    >
    > I think the `pro' one is the file to install.. anyone familiar with
    > these?? Is it best to run ZA 26x or Norton?
    >

    > -Mike

    If money is tight, see my post about the free version of Sygate for home
    use.

    Louise
    Louise, May 16, 2004
  4. Guest

    On Sun, 16 May 2004 01:52:19 -0400, Louise <> brought
    the following to our attention:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> Hello..
    >>
    >> Am thinking of reinstalling my paid-for, registered version of
    >> ZoneAlarm in Win2kPro. Here are the files in the `Install' folder:
    >>
    >> zonalm26362zla.exe
    >> zonalm26zl.exe
    >> zapro26231.exe
    >> zonalm26.exe
    >>
    >> I think the `pro' one is the file to install.. anyone familiar with
    >> these?? Is it best to run ZA 26x or Norton?
    >>

    >> -Mike
    >>

    >If money is tight, see my post about the free version of Sygate for home
    >use.
    >
    >Louise

    Thanks..

    I looked over the thread.. and checked out the Sygate website. As for
    above the zonealarm that I registered.. it has a flashing taskbar icon
    but it did not distract me.. I though it was a feature that showed
    activity. Well SymFW (Symantec Firewall) hasen't acted up in a couple
    of days.. it was getting stuck redirected to localhost (127. ) and
    could not recover short of a reboot.

    So now the decision.. install the ZA26x, the newer ZA download, or
    Sygate. Basically I think a simple FW is best.. since Norton has LOTS
    of customized items that frankly I cannot effectively manage.. and
    really don't want become an expert at understanding. Perhaps if Norton
    works well and protects the machine without the user being an expert..
    then fine.. but I cannot tolerate getting stuck in a localhost
    redirector loop and then having to reboot or get a bluescreen.

    -Mike
    , May 17, 2004