    between ZA and these red and green lines. Everytime it happens, i think i
    have new email. Is there a way to remove it from the system tray icon and
    why does it flash back and forth anyways.

    Jumbo, Sep 12, 2003

  2. Jumbo

    Philip SC Guest

    The 'flashing' indicates network traffic - when you see the plain ZA symbol,
    there's none.

    Philip SC, Sep 12, 2003

  3. Jumbo

    Albert K. Guest

    > The 'flashing' indicates network traffic - when you see the plain ZA
    symbol,
    > there's none.

    duh.

    > > have new email. Is there a way to remove it from the system tray icon

    and
    > > why does it flash back and forth anyways.

    I dunno, but look for an option to disable the animating icon (reminds me of
    what I did in mIRC).
    So RTFM :)

    Albert.

    Albert K., Sep 12, 2003
  4. Jumbo

    . Guest

    Another option would be to hide the taskbar altogether if it is really
    irritating you.
    (Right click task bar - properties - tick box saying 'autohide taskbar')
    CoDe.

    "Albert K." <> wrote in message
    > > The 'flashing' indicates network traffic - when you see the plain ZA

    > symbol,
    > > there's none.

    > duh.
    >
    > > > have new email. Is there a way to remove it from the system tray icon

    > and
    > > > why does it flash back and forth anyways.

    > I dunno, but look for an option to disable the animating icon (reminds me

    of
    > what I did in mIRC).
    > So RTFM :)
    >
    > Albert.

    ---

    ., Sep 12, 2003
  5. Jumbo

    d.c. Guest

    "Jumbo" <> wrote in message
    > I just installed Zone Alarm free version as my firewall protection.
    > However, I find it annoying the way the system tray icon keeps flashing
    > between ZA and these red and green lines. Everytime it happens, i think i
    > have new email. Is there a way to remove it from the system tray icon and
    > why does it flash back and forth anyways.

    Try not to look at it..

    --

    Snoop Dogg: Diary of a Pimp
    http://tinyurl.com/9v29

    d.c., Sep 13, 2003
  6. Jumbo

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:32:40 GMT, "Jumbo" <>
    scribbled:

    >I just installed Zone Alarm free version as my firewall protection.
    >However, I find it annoying the way the system tray icon keeps flashing

    Life's such a bitch, isn't it?

    >between ZA and these red and green lines. Everytime it happens, i think i
    >have new email. Is there a way to remove it from the system tray icon and

    No, there's no way to remove it short of shutting ZA down.

    >why does it flash back and forth anyways.

    It's letting you know there's traffic on your connection.

    --

    Exxy is my hero!

    -= Hawk =-, Sep 13, 2003
  7. Jumbo

    Unknown Guest

    Why did you install it? You most certainly don't need it.

    Unknown, Sep 13, 2003