    though I must admit I'm not really sure what to look for anyway in the
    Z.A. logs. I could post the logs to this newsgroup but I'm a bit dubious
    about putting that sort of information for all to see.
    TWIST, Feb 1, 2006

  2. TWIST

    Rus Guest

    Interesting. It is known that ZA slings data packets and some aren't fully
    acknowledged by the company. If you look at the forum you'll see some of
    the latest confrontations on this issue:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs

    Actually, when I trace 193.22.224.20 it seems that IP address is part of a
    block assigned to http://www.ripe.net: (in parentheses below is a cut and
    paste from that site)

    (RIPE (Réseaux IP Européens) is a collaborative forum open to all parties
    interested in wide area IP networks in Europe and beyond. The objective of
    RIPE is to ensure the administrative and technical coordination necessary
    to enable the operation of a pan-European IP network.)

    So, if that's true, maybe the log entry you see is just some sort of DNS
    ping?

    Or ... maybe it's another one of those ZA things of which no one admits
    existence?

    Or ... just a slim chance yet easy to try ... try clearing your browser
    cache and see if it happens again someday. There are some JAVA applets
    picked up at web sites that remain active while in your browser cache that
    will ping or otherwise try to communicate. ZA should catch it and alert
    you as it happens unless you've given total connection privileges to your
    browswer and all of its components in ZA.

    //rus//

    "TWIST" <> wrote in news:Gz%Df.38$K42.8@newsfe7-
    win.ntli.net:

    > Can anyone explain why zlclient.exe visits" www.toptvacademy.co.uk"
    > destination IP 193.22.224.20:53, a site I've never visited to the best of

    my
    Rus, Feb 1, 2006