    saying the update hosed their machine.

    Anyone have problem with the latest version of ZA?

    Norm

    Norm, Jun 21, 2004

  2. Norm

    Boomer Guest

    "Norm" <> wrote:

    > I'm running Zone Alarm 5.4.594 under Win 98SE .
    >
    > I keep getting auto notification of an update but seem to recall
    > someone saying the update hosed their machine.
    >
    > Anyone have problem with the latest version of ZA?
    >
    > Norm

    Hi Norm

    You might want to read the Zone Labs forum.
    http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs

    HTH

    Boomer, Jun 21, 2004

  3. Norm

    philo Guest

    "Norm" <> wrote in message
    > I'm running Zone Alarm 5.4.594 under Win 98SE .
    >
    > I keep getting auto notification of an update but seem to recall someone
    > saying the update hosed their machine.
    >
    > Anyone have problem with the latest version of ZA?
    >
    > Norm

    FWIW : I was using ZA version 4.5 along with AVG antivirus
    and had no problems at all (on my XP machine)
    upgrading to ZA 5 did infact hose my system...
    i eventually repaired my OS, removed ZA 5 and went back to ZA 4.5

    philo, Jun 21, 2004
  4. Norm

    BIG NIGE Guest

    I am running Zone Alarm 5 suite (AV Disabled) alongside my NIS on Win 98
    with no probs
    No problems upgrading either. (I just shut down 4.5 and installed 5 in the
    same location automatically taking old settings)

    BIG NIGE, Jun 21, 2004
  5. Boomer, after spending 3 minutes figuring out which end of the pen to use,
    wrote:

    > "Norm" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm running Zone Alarm 5.4.594 under Win 98SE .
    >>
    >> I keep getting auto notification of an update but seem to recall
    >> someone saying the update hosed their machine.
    >>
    >> Anyone have problem with the latest version of ZA?
    >>
    >> Norm

    <snip>

    > HTH

    It didn't, because you didn't answer his friggin' question. If you were
    feeling really lazy at the moment, a simple 'yes' or 'no' would have worked
    just fine.
    --
    Linux 2.4.20-4GB-athlon
    6:12pm up 10 days 21:35, 3 users, load average: 0.08, 0.05, 0.00

    Norwegian Formula, Jun 22, 2004
  6. Norm

    DJ Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "Norm" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm running Zone Alarm 5.4.594 under Win 98SE .
    >>
    >> I keep getting auto notification of an update but seem to recall someone
    >> saying the update hosed their machine.
    >>
    >> Anyone have problem with the latest version of ZA?
    >>
    >> Norm
    >>

    > FWIW : I was using ZA version 4.5 along with AVG antivirus
    > and had no problems at all (on my XP machine)
    > upgrading to ZA 5 did infact hose my system...
    > i eventually repaired my OS, removed ZA 5 and went back to ZA 4.5

    Same problem occurred here ! Had me baffled ! Resolved now tho =)

    DJ, Jun 22, 2004