Zone alarm trouble

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Matthew Morrison, Dec 23, 2003.

  1. I just did a scan and found that my UPnP isnt blocked. This isn't good. How
    do I fix this? I have the free version. TIA
    Matthew Morrison, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Matthew Morrison wrote:
    > I just did a scan and found that my UPnP isnt blocked. This isn't good. How
    > do I fix this? I have the free version. TIA

    Check over at http://www.grc.com (Look for SheildsUP!)

    He can re-scan you and give info on how to disable a crap-load of stuff
    you don;t need running.

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)
    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Dec 23, 2003

  3. Matthew Morrison

    binkx Guest

    go to http://www.grc.com/unpnp/unpnp.htm and run the small program
    binkx, Dec 23, 2003
  4. Matthew Morrison

    Flighty Guest

    Matthew Morrison wrote:
    > I just did a scan and found that my UPnP isnt blocked. This isn't good.

    Flighty queried:-
    what's UPnP? (Universal plug n play or something...?) Why should I be
    worried about it... paranoia?
    Flighty, Dec 23, 2003
  5. Matthew Morrison

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Flighty mused:

    | Flighty queried:-
    | what's UPnP? (Universal plug n play or something...?) Why should I be
    | worried about it... paranoia?

    Go to the GRC UPnP link posted earlier as there is enough information to
    answer your question there. The security ramifications are bad enough that
    the FBI initially issued a security warning about having UPnP enabled. They
    later retracted, but you get the picture.
    mhicaoidh, Dec 23, 2003
  6. Matthew Morrison

    Ronni Hirth Guest

    "Matthew Morrison" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I just did a scan and found that my UPnP isnt blocked. This isn't good.

    How
    > do I fix this? I have the free version. TIA

    Simply stop UPNP-Service from "services" console and disable it. It does not
    need to run for a functional Windows.

    Have a nice X-MAS

    Ronni
    Ronni Hirth, Dec 23, 2003