    problems. Ahhh well, there you go. If this computer is still working in a
    week and I have no problems with connecting, zone alarm will be a heap of
    crap in my view. specially as far as this puters concerned.
    Nick, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Nick

    Warwick Guest

    On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:57:19 +1300, Nick wrote:

    > From: Nick <>
    > Newsgroups: nz.comp
    > Subject: zone alarm re this ones got me beat
    > Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:57:19 +1300
    >
    > Okay then. now I know there are many that think zone alarm is the bees
    > knees. BUT, having had my problems over the last few days with connection I
    > have spoken to my isp and they tell me that it's not uncommon for zone alarm
    > to cause problems. Even after deletion zone alarm can remain in the
    > computer and cause corruption etc.
    >
    > Now, I have connected many times over the last day or two and had no
    > problems sine I have left zone alarm. Now I use sygate. Again, with no
    > problems. Ahhh well, there you go. If this computer is still working in a
    > week and I have no problems with connecting, zone alarm will be a heap of
    > crap in my view. specially as far as this puters concerned.

    I have been here. I also changed to sygate.
    There is something screwy about xp and za.
    I found truevector to be the villain, I put a delay on it using a start up
    tool. Seemed to help, but not as much as changing firewall.
    Warwick, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Nick

    samg Guest

    "Nick" <> wrote in

    yeah sygate is awesome. Only negative is that it gives apps server rights
    by default and you have to manually change it. No biggie
    samg, Feb 20, 2004