    of ping requests. Is it normal for a cable net user or is something fishy
    going on? And is it any better than XPs built in firewall? I use Insightbb
    if that matters. AT&T owns it I think. TIA
    Matthew Morrison, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Matthew Morrison

    Smirnoff Guest

    Matthew Morrison wrote:
    > I just installed Zone Alarm for the first time and I'm getting a crap
    > load of ping requests. Is it normal for a cable net user or is
    > something fishy going on? And is it any better than XPs built in
    > firewall? I use Insightbb if that matters. AT&T owns it I think. TIA

    Go into Alerts/logs and turn off Alert Events Shown, you will still get
    program alerts. The pings are mostly from your ISP.
    Smirnoff, Dec 23, 2003

  3. Matthew Morrison

    °Mike° Guest

    It's normal -- turn off the reporting. And, yes, it's better than
    the built-in firewall, which doesn't prevent *outgoing* traffic.

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 07:09:13 GMT, in
    <tSRFb.459065$275.1348908@attbi_s53>
    Matthew Morrison scrawled:

    --