    Hi. I am running the free version of Zone alarm , on Windows M.E. but , it
    does not let me into the internet at all.. I have to turn it off to get on..
    Am I doing something wrong. Garry

    Garry Mogg, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Garry Mogg

    Tritium Guest

    Garry Mogg wrote:
    > Hi. I am running the free version of Zone alarm , on Windows M.E. but , it
    > does not let me into the internet at all.. I have to turn it off to get on..
    > Am I doing something wrong. Garry

    Open ZoneAlarm. Go into Firewall and then Zones. Name a
    site, provide the IP address and entry type. Make it a
    "trusted" zone. Should unblock access from the computer
    to the named internet site.

    Tritium, Oct 2, 2004

  3. Garry Mogg

    Buffalo Guest

    "Garry Mogg" <> wrote in message
    > Hi. I am running the free version of Zone alarm , on Windows M.E.

    but , it
    > does not let me into the internet at all.. I have to turn it off to

    get on..
    > Am I doing something wrong. Garry

    Ususally simpler to uninstall and reinstall ZA and choose to let it
    get your Internet settings.

    Buffalo, Oct 3, 2004
  4. Garry Mogg

    Ray@Bundy Guest

    Garry Mogg wrote:
    > Hi. I am running the free version of Zone alarm , on Windows M.E. but , it
    > does not let me into the internet at all.. I have to turn it off to get on..
    > Am I doing something wrong. Garry

    In Program Control have you allowed Generic Host Process for Win32
    Services Internet access?

    Ray@Bundy

    Ray@Bundy, Oct 3, 2004
  5. Garry Mogg

    Paul Johnson Guest

    > In Program Control have you allowed Generic Host Process for Win32
    > Services Internet access?

    What is the file or program name to allow Internet access? I run win98 and
    one of my programs does not run quite right under my free Zone Alarm and
    maybe if I add it it will run properly.
    Paul

    Paul Johnson, Oct 3, 2004