    to fix this?
    Windows 98, IE6
    Thanks, Don

    Don C, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Don C

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Don C continued:

    > Whenever I click the "more info" button in the alerts & logs
    > section, I get a message that ZA has performed an illegal operation
    > and it shuts down. I have the free version, and it wasn't a problem
    > until recently. Any ideas how to fix this?
    > Windows 98, IE6
    > Thanks, Don

    After a mammoth 7-hour session trying to remove the bugger from my
    system last night, I'd say use Outpost instead.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Sep 7, 2003

  3. Don C

    Don C Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Don C continued:
    >
    > > Whenever I click the "more info" button in the alerts & logs
    > > section, I get a message that ZA has performed an illegal operation
    > > and it shuts down. I have the free version, and it wasn't a problem
    > > until recently. Any ideas how to fix this?
    > > Windows 98, IE6
    > > Thanks, Don

    > After a mammoth 7-hour session trying to remove the bugger from my
    > system last night, I'd say use Outpost instead.
    > --
    > slumpy
    > no more
    > no less
    > just slumpy

    I've had it running for over a month, and this is the only problem I've
    encountered.
    Why did you need to remove it, and what makes it so difficult to do so?
    -Don

    Don C, Sep 7, 2003
  4. Don C

    slumpy Guest

    "Don C" <> wrote in message

    > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > > "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you

    ?" I
    > > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Don C continued:
    > >
    > > > Whenever I click the "more info" button in the alerts & logs
    > > > section, I get a message that ZA has performed an illegal

    operation
    > > > and it shuts down. I have the free version, and it wasn't a

    problem
    > > > until recently. Any ideas how to fix this?
    > > > Windows 98, IE6
    > > > Thanks, Don

    > > After a mammoth 7-hour session trying to remove the bugger from my
    > > system last night, I'd say use Outpost instead.

    > I've had it running for over a month, and this is the only problem

    I've
    > encountered.
    > Why did you need to remove it, and what makes it so difficult to do

    so?
    > -Don

    Had a problem with IE and OE accessing any kind of connection, though
    everything else worked fine. Thought I'd remove ZA and run Outpost
    instead to see if it would make any difference, and the uninstallation
    screwed up, leaving me with no way to run Outpost because of the
    residues of ZA on the system. Had a nightmare getting it sorted, not
    helped by the amount of alcohol I was drinking as I did it all ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Sep 7, 2003
  5. "Don C" <> wrote in news:bfH6b.65828$7G2.57271
    @twister.nyroc.rr.com:

    > Why did you need to remove it

    Because it is useless?

    <http://www.samspade.org/d/firewalls.html>

    Santiago Zawojski, Sep 7, 2003
  6. In article <DYG6b.65553$>,
    says...

    >Whenever I click the "more info" button in the alerts & logs section, I get
    >a message that ZA has performed an illegal operation and it shuts down. I
    >have the free version, and it wasn't a problem until recently. Any ideas how
    >to fix this?
    >Windows 98, IE6
    >Thanks, Don

    I'd try downloading the latest free version and reinstalling it.

    Another Airnet User, Sep 7, 2003