Zone alarm problem (yawn)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jay, Aug 13, 2003.

  1. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Yes another one.
    From time to time (over the years) Zone alarm (free edition) will cause
    problems on my win2k pro box.
    I boot up and anything I try e.g. open a prog, browse the FS nothing
    happens. Until I shut down ZA and then all the buffered commands spring into
    life... windows open, progs start etc. I seem to remember a few years back I
    had this problem and I had to swap the order in which "services" and their
    dependants started up in order to accomodate the vector blah blah.......

    Well now the problem has returned. Only thing I can remember doing at the
    time this happened was d/l and installing atomic clock sync -
    www.worldtimeserver.com - anybody had troubles running these side by side?

    I've removed ACS but the problem remains... I now have to be firewall-less
    in order to get anything done.
    Does anyone know of a reason? an issue with ACS and ZA? an alternative to
    ZA?

    Jay

    Jay, Aug 13, 2003