    opera, outlook and kazaa lite

    however ZA doesnt seem to be remembering this after a re boot?

    can anyone shed any light as to why?
    Christo, Dec 25, 2004

  2. Christo

    phoenix Guest

    On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 00:21:22 -0000, Christo wrote:

    > programs i have i am selecting to remember my decision with things such as
    > opera, outlook and kazaa lite
    >
    > however ZA doesnt seem to be remembering this after a re boot?
    >
    > can anyone shed any light as to why?

    You have a corrupted rules database (are you on an older version of ZA by
    any chance?). What you need to do is uncheck the 'Load ZA at startup'
    option and reboot your PC. Next, delete all the files in the \Internet Logs
    directory (under you \Windows dir) you can keep any *.txt log files you may
    need. When you've done that restart ZA and let it create the rules DB
    again, you'll have to authorise all your programs again or put ZA in Learn
    mode for a couple of days. Don't forget to check the 'Load ZA....' so it
    starts when you boot.

    HTH

    Merry Christmas

    Bill
    phoenix, Dec 25, 2004

  3. Christo

    suryah Guest

    Have you tried the ZA forum?
    www.forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs

    suryah, Dec 26, 2004
  4. Christo

    Christo Guest

    "phoenix" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 00:21:22 -0000, Christo wrote:
    >
    >> programs i have i am selecting to remember my decision with things such
    >> as
    >> opera, outlook and kazaa lite
    >>
    >> however ZA doesnt seem to be remembering this after a re boot?
    >>
    >> can anyone shed any light as to why?

    > You have a corrupted rules database (are you on an older version of ZA by
    > any chance?). What you need to do is uncheck the 'Load ZA at startup'
    > option and reboot your PC. Next, delete all the files in the \Internet
    > Logs
    > directory (under you \Windows dir) you can keep any *.txt log files you
    > may
    > need. When you've done that restart ZA and let it create the rules DB
    > again, you'll have to authorise all your programs again or put ZA in Learn
    > mode for a couple of days. Don't forget to check the 'Load ZA....' so it
    > starts when you boot.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Merry Christmas
    >
    > Bill

    Thanks that seems to have worked
    Christo, Dec 26, 2004
  5. suryah wrote:

    > Have you tried the ZA forum?
    > www.forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs

    Actually, it appears that the link above will not work because there's a
    type of EUA as gatekeeper. The Forum can be reached at www.zonelabs.com
    and click on Services and Support on the left of the screen and the
    forum is in one of the lists that you get.

    Gualtier Malde (Chuck), Dec 26, 2004