    download I did a clean install. When I close down ZA I can download
    just fine so the hiccup is with ZA.

    I have XP Pro and use both Xnews and Free Agent to access newsgroups.

    pickle, Jul 31, 2004

  2. pickle

    DC Guest

    pickle wrote:
    > I just installed Zone Alarm Free 5.1 and cannot download pictures and
    > movie files from newsgroups. I first upgraded and when I couldn't
    > download I did a clean install. When I close down ZA I can download
    > just fine so the hiccup is with ZA.

    > I have XP Pro and use both Xnews and Free Agent to access newsgroups.

    ZA is the problem. See this discussed several times in the last day or
    two in news.software.readers.

    Use another firewall. See today's threads in nsr for suggestions.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    DC, Jul 31, 2004

  3. pickle

    pickle Guest

    Tks. I just did. Installed Outpost.

    -----

    pickle, Jul 31, 2004
  4. pickle

    D. Best Guest

    Been using ZoneAlarm forever and the most recent updates as well (note there
    has been a second update yesterday) ... no problems here ...

    doug

    --
    -d. best-
    Exercise Your Mind, Body & Freedoms

    D. Best, Jul 31, 2004
  5. pickle

    pickle Guest

    Me too. I used ZA for years and had no problem until the update today.
    Do you download files from newsgroups? That's where glich is.

    pickle, Jul 31, 2004
  6. pickle

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 11:05:24 +1000, pickle <> wrote:

    >I just installed Zone Alarm Free 5.1 and cannot download pictures and
    >movie files from newsgroups. I first upgraded and when I couldn't
    >download I did a clean install. When I close down ZA I can download
    >just fine so the hiccup is with ZA.
    >
    >I have XP Pro and use both Xnews and Free Agent to access newsgroups.

    ZA5 inteferes with downloading yEnc encoded posts

    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=gen&message.id=15782#M15782

    It also causes WinXP's CHKDSK to not run, even when requested to do so

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Aug 5, 2004