Zone Alarm alerts!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rolf, Apr 11, 2008.

  1. Rolf

    Rolf Guest

    Hi, I have had Zone Alarm version 5.5.094.000 installed for a long time now,
    but have never had any alerts, except ZA often ask if I want to allow some
    application to access the web.

    But today, I have got three alerts already, ZA has prevented acces to my
    computer from these IP addresses:

    79.144.102.224, UDP port 1029
    122.118.140.54, UIDP port 1027
    90.154.175.176.5, UDP port 1026

    Can anyone explain what this may be about?

    I find it interesting that I have never had any alerts before, but my ISP
    had big problems earlier today, I believe his entire operation was down for
    a few hours. Is that just a coincidence?

    With respect to ZA version: somebody recommended using that version and to
    stay away from newer versions. What say?

    Rolf

    Rolf, Apr 11, 2008

  2. Rolf

    Plato Guest

    Rolf wrote:

    > Hi, I have had Zone Alarm version 5.5.094.000 installed for a long time now,
    > but have never had any alerts, except ZA often ask if I want to allow some
    > application to access the web.
    >
    > But today, I have got three alerts already, ZA has prevented acces to my
    > computer from these IP addresses:
    >
    > 79.144.102.224, UDP port 1029
    > 122.118.140.54, UIDP port 1027
    > 90.154.175.176.5, UDP port 1026
    >
    > Can anyone explain what this may be about?

    Sure, it's zone alarm doing its job. Turn off the alerts and let it be.
    No problem whatsover.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 12, 2008

  3. Rolf

    Rolf Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:25:44 +0200, Rolf wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, I have had Zone Alarm version 5.5.094.000 installed for a long time

    now,
    > > but have never had any alerts, except ZA often ask if I want to allow

    some
    > > application to access the web.
    > >
    > > But today, I have got three alerts already, ZA has prevented acces to my
    > > computer from these IP addresses:
    > >
    > > 79.144.102.224, UDP port 1029

    > IP from Spain
    > > 122.118.140.54, UIDP port 1027

    > IP from Taiwan
    > > 90.154.175.176.5, UDP port 1026

    > IP from Bulgaria
    > >
    > > Can anyone explain what this may be about?

    > Are you running a Torrent application?

    Not that I know of; I have Torrent installed on my machine but haven't been
    using it for a looong time.

    Rolf, Apr 12, 2008