    doesn't seem to be interested in a W98 copy I shouldn't think that they
    would object.

    Chuck

    Gualtier Malde, Jun 7, 2007

  2. Gualtier Malde

    korbendallis Guest

    "Gualtier Malde" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > About 2 months ago I was looking for free AVG and Zone alarm to tell
    > someone else about. Now I have a different problem:
    >
    > I've got an old Windows 98 desktop that used to have Zone Alarm on it. I
    > stopped using it at all for communication, and when the Zone alarm account
    > expired, and ZA kept bugging me to renew, I uninstalled it.
    >
    > Bad move. I am now having to use this machine for communication now that
    > my laptop (main computer) is at the factory. Trouble is that I can't find
    > anything that will run in W98. The URLs that korbendallis (above) gave me
    > led to a site at Zone Alarm and the file available wasn't compatible with
    > W98. Spyware Terminator, suggested by another respondent, doesn't appear
    > to have ZA's uncomplicated firewall capacity.
    >
    > It is possible that anyone has an old ZA setup file? As Zone Labs doesn't
    > seem to be interested in a W98 copy I shouldn't think that they would
    > object.
    >
    > Chuck

    Hi Chuck,

    Found what you're looking for, although I can't recall exactly which version
    you need. Maybe someone else can help. I do know that ZAF 6.5 and above will
    not work with Win 98. You can try version 6.1 and if that doesn't work, 6.0
    will be the one.

    Link:
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/znalm/zaReleaseHistory.html

    Friendly reminder: ZoneAlarm discontinued support for Win 98 and ME a while
    back, so any vulnerabilities that have arisen since will put your system at
    risk.

    Aloha,
    korbendallis

    korbendallis, Jun 8, 2007

  3. korbendallis wrote:
    > "Gualtier Malde" <> wrote in message
    >> About 2 months ago I was looking for free AVG and Zone alarm to tell
    >> someone else about. Now I have a different problem:
    >>
    >> I've got an old Windows 98 desktop that used to have Zone Alarm on it. I
    >> stopped using it at all for communication, and when the Zone alarm account
    >> expired, and ZA kept bugging me to renew, I uninstalled it.
    >>
    >> Bad move. I am now having to use this machine for communication now that
    >> my laptop (main computer) is at the factory. Trouble is that I can't find
    >> anything that will run in W98. The URLs that korbendallis (above) gave me
    >> led to a site at Zone Alarm and the file available wasn't compatible with
    >> W98. Spyware Terminator, suggested by another respondent, doesn't appear
    >> to have ZA's uncomplicated firewall capacity.
    >>
    >> It is possible that anyone has an old ZA setup file? As Zone Labs doesn't
    >> seem to be interested in a W98 copy I shouldn't think that they would
    >> object.
    >>
    >> Chuck

    > Hi Chuck,
    >
    > Found what you're looking for, although I can't recall exactly which version
    > you need. Maybe someone else can help. I do know that ZAF 6.5 and above will
    > not work with Win 98. You can try version 6.1 and if that doesn't work, 6.0
    > will be the one.
    >
    > Link:
    > http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/znalm/zaReleaseHistory.html
    >
    > Friendly reminder: ZoneAlarm discontinued support for Win 98 and ME a while
    > back, so any vulnerabilities that have arisen since will put your system at
    > risk.
    >
    > Aloha,
    > korbendallis

    It has taken me some time to get back because I got the laptop back and have been working on it. I
    am sure this is going to be what I need. Thank you.

    Chuck

    Gualtier Malde, Jun 13, 2007