    cannot access the net. So I shut down Zone Alarm, re-start it, and
    everything is fine again - for awhile. Any ideas what is causing
    this? Thanks. BTW, I'm running XP Pro with a cable modem.

    Scribner, Jul 17, 2004

  2. Scribner

    ICee Guest

    Scribner wrote:
    > I'm running version 5.0.590.043. Everything is working fine, and then
    > after a while (I haven't timed it, but it seems to be about 20
    > minutes) my internet connection is shut down. IE, Agent, Eudora, etc.
    > cannot access the net. So I shut down Zone Alarm, re-start it, and
    > everything is fine again - for awhile. Any ideas what is causing
    > this? Thanks. BTW, I'm running XP Pro with a cable modem.

    Whatever the problem is, it's not ZA. I'm running the same version with
    XP and a cable modem and have no problems at all.

    ICee, Jul 17, 2004

  3. Scribner

    Jan Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I'm running version 5.0.590.043. Everything is working fine, and then
    > after a while (I haven't timed it, but it seems to be about 20
    > minutes) my internet connection is shut down. IE, Agent, Eudora, etc.
    > cannot access the net. So I shut down Zone Alarm, re-start it, and
    > everything is fine again - for awhile. Any ideas what is causing
    > this? Thanks. BTW, I'm running XP Pro with a cable modem.

    No problems here with ZA 5.
    --
    Cheers!

    Jan

    Jan, Jul 17, 2004
  4. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 04:46:27 GMT, Jan <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >> I'm running version 5.0.590.043. Everything is working fine, and then
    >> after a while (I haven't timed it, but it seems to be about 20
    >> minutes) my internet connection is shut down. IE, Agent, Eudora, etc.
    >> cannot access the net. So I shut down Zone Alarm, re-start it, and
    >> everything is fine again - for awhile. Any ideas what is causing
    >> this? Thanks. BTW, I'm running XP Pro with a cable modem.
    >>

    >No problems here with ZA 5.

    Well, I uninstalled and re-installed it, and it seems fine - for now.

    Scribner, Jul 17, 2004
  5. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 09:56:41 GMT, "MahaRaj" <>
    wrote:

    >Start----------Programs-------- Administrative Tools
    >computer management---------System Tools
    >Event Viewer---------Application
    >
    >See if there are any ERRORS.
    >Find out what program caused it.
    >I bet it would be TRUE VECTOR (ZoneAlarm). (if YES, ead below)
    >
    >.I had the same problem, I mailed ZA Tech. All they could tell me to
    >reistall it. It should be OK but nothing. I was still getting my computer
    >freezing up now and then becuase of TRUE VECTOR. The problem was still
    >there.
    >Finally I ditched ZA. I am runnning KASPERSKY ANTI-HACKER now.
    >very smooth and easy to use. Also my PC is lot faster now and no troubles
    >anymore.
    >

    >"Scribner" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm running version 5.0.590.043. Everything is working fine, and then
    >> after a while (I haven't timed it, but it seems to be about 20
    >> minutes) my internet connection is shut down. IE, Agent, Eudora, etc.
    >> cannot access the net. So I shut down Zone Alarm, re-start it, and
    >> everything is fine again - for awhile. Any ideas what is causing
    >> this? Thanks. BTW, I'm running XP Pro with a cable

    Nope. No errors from True Vector. Just a couple from a photo program
    that I d/l'ed from Google and promptly removed. But I know the cause
    of those errors, and they had nothing to do with Zone Alarm.

    Scribner, Jul 17, 2004
  6. Scribner

    Boomer Guest

    MahaRaj wrote:
    > ok :)

    FIX YOUR FUCKING TIME ZONE, FOR ****'S SAKES!

    Abuse report sent to

    Boomer, Jul 17, 2004
  7. Scribner

    Boomer Guest

    MahaRaj wrote:
    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> MahaRaj wrote:
    >>> ok :)

    >> FIX YOUR FUCKING TIME ZONE, FOR ****'S SAKES!
    >>
    >> Abuse report sent to
    >>

    > it must be a bug.
    > you gotto tell me now how to fix it you fucking ****.

    OOPS! NOW K-MAN WILL KNOW WHOSE FORGING.

    Boomer, Jul 17, 2004
  8. Scribner

    Boomer Guest

    MahaRaj wrote:
    > bog off

    Bog off?

    Is that an abbreviation for Buy One Get One For Free?

    Boomer, Jul 17, 2004
  9. Scribner

    MahaRaj Guest

    MahaRaj, Jul 17, 2004
  10. Scribner

    MahaRaj Guest

    ok :)

    MahaRaj, Jul 17, 2004
  11. Scribner

    MahaRaj Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > MahaRaj wrote:
    > > ok :)

    > FIX YOUR FUCKING TIME ZONE, FOR ****'S SAKES!
    >
    > Abuse report sent to

    you fucking twit.
    I got 10 bloody 36 on my fuckin pc now.

    MahaRaj, Jul 17, 2004
  12. Scribner

    MahaRaj Guest

    MahaRaj, Jul 17, 2004
  13. Scribner

    MahaRaj Guest

    Abuse sent to
    for using a fucking tone in the ng.
    ;)

    MahaRaj, Jul 17, 2004
  14. Scribner

    MahaRaj Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > MahaRaj wrote:
    > > bog off

    > Bog off?
    >
    > Is that an abbreviation for Buy One Get One For Free?

    LOL
    atleast it confirms you have an IQ of more than 45.

    MahaRaj, Jul 17, 2004
  15. Scribner

    MahaRaj Guest

    hey BABY!
    you still did not tell me how to fix this date thingy.
    on my pc the time is correct bit when I post its one hour forward.
    I have checked the teh system with Lavasoft ,spybot and Hijackthis etc.
    nothing usaul here.

    MahaRaj, Jul 17, 2004
  16. Scribner

    Scraggy Guest

    MahaRaj wrote:
    > hey BABY!
    > you still did not tell me how to fix this date thingy.
    > on my pc the time is correct bit when I post its one hour forward.
    > I have checked the teh system with Lavasoft ,spybot and Hijackthis
    > etc. nothing usaul here.

    Don't sweat it, it's probably the same bug that has been on the NTL news
    server for the past millennia or so. One day a sys admin type will have a
    brainstorm & fix it. (hint Do NOT hold your breath)
    --
    "Traditionally most of Australia's imports come from overseas."
    Former Australian cabinet minister Keppel Enderbery.

    Scraggy, Jul 17, 2004
  17. Scribner

    MahaRaj Guest

    "Scraggy" <> wrote in message
    > MahaRaj wrote:
    > > hey BABY!
    > > you still did not tell me how to fix this date thingy.
    > > on my pc the time is correct bit when I post its one hour forward.
    > > I have checked the teh system with Lavasoft ,spybot and Hijackthis
    > > etc. nothing usaul here.

    > Don't sweat it, it's probably the same bug that has been on the NTL news
    > server for the past millennia or so. One day a sys admin type will have a
    > brainstorm & fix it. (hint Do NOT hold your breath)
    > --
    > "Traditionally most of Australia's imports come from overseas."
    > Former Australian cabinet minister Keppel Enderbery.

    thanks scraggy for your input

    MahaRaj, Jul 17, 2004
  18. Scribner

    Mamby Pamby Guest

    MahaRaj wrote:
    > Abuse sent to
    > for using a fucking tone in the ng.
    > ;)
    >
    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> MahaRaj wrote:
    >>> ok :)

    >> FIX YOUR FUCKING TIME ZONE, FOR ****'S SAKES!
    >>
    >> Abuse report sent to

    You must be a virgin raghead.

    Suzie x

    Mamby Pamby, Jul 17, 2004
  19. Scribner

    No New News Guest

    "Boomer"

    > FIX YOUR FUCKING TIME ZONE, FOR ****'S SAKES!

    Trying to appear vice presidential?

    No New News, Jul 17, 2004
  20. Scribner

    Harry Guest

    "Scribner" <> wrote in message
    > I'm running version 5.0.590.043. Everything is working fine, and then
    > after a while (I haven't timed it, but it seems to be about 20
    > minutes) my internet connection is shut down. IE, Agent, Eudora, etc.
    > cannot access the net. So I shut down Zone Alarm, re-start it, and
    > everything is fine again - for awhile. Any ideas what is causing
    > this? Thanks. BTW, I'm running XP Pro with a cable modem.

    There is a well known problem with zone alarm 5, there's even a forum
    dealing exclusively with the subject.

    It cocked my system completely so went back to 4.5.
    They may have fixed the problem now but I shall be very reluctant to
    reinstall it.

    Harry, Jul 17, 2004