    --
    Bender: In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a floatation device!

    blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

    Shane, Nov 17, 2006

  2. Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote:

    > I was in <large department store> and I was talking to the computer sales
    > staff. As it happened we needed to use the intarweb, and the machine was
    > running ie 7.0
    > I asked the sales guy what he thought of it, and his response was.. "I'm
    > loving these new things.. tabs"
    > I just about pissed myself
    > Ah well, at least hes enjoying the intarweb on a new level now
    > </priceless>

    Welcome to the present day, sheep! Ohhh! Pretty new tabs...

    LMAO :-D

    What store was it?

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Nov 17, 2006

  3. Shane

    thingy Guest

    Shane wrote:
    > I was in <large department store> and I was talking to the computer sales
    > staff. As it happened we needed to use the intarweb, and the machine was
    > running ie 7.0
    > I asked the sales guy what he thought of it, and his response was.. "I'm
    > loving these new things.. tabs"
    > I just about pissed myself
    > Ah well, at least hes enjoying the intarweb on a new level now
    > </priceless>

    This is why they are selling things and dont have decent job...thick as
    2 short planks...

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Nov 17, 2006
  4. Shane

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:49:58 +1300, Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote:

    >I was in <large department store> and I was talking to the computer sales
    >staff. As it happened we needed to use the intarweb, and the machine was
    >running ie 7.0
    >I asked the sales guy what he thought of it, and his response was.. "I'm
    >loving these new things.. tabs"
    >I just about pissed myself
    >Ah well, at least hes enjoying the intarweb on a new level now
    ></priceless>

    Don't be so mean to the poor guy. I felt exactly the same way he did - 10
    years ago when I first used Opera :)

    --
    Ray Greene

    Ray Greene, Nov 17, 2006
  5. Shane

    whome Guest

    "Shane" <-a-geek.net> wrote in message
    >I was in <large department store> and I was talking to the computer sales
    > staff. As it happened we needed to use the intarweb, and the machine was
    > running ie 7.0
    > I asked the sales guy what he thought of it, and his response was.. "I'm
    > loving these new things.. tabs"
    > I just about pissed myself
    > Ah well, at least hes enjoying the intarweb on a new level now
    > </priceless>
    >
    > --
    > Bender: In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a floatation device!
    >
    > blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

    whats intarweb?

    whome, Nov 17, 2006
  6. Shane

    noddy Guest

    wrote:

    >I was in <large department store> and I was talking to the computer sales
    >staff. As it happened we needed to use the intarweb, and the machine was
    >running ie 7.0
    >I asked the sales guy what he thought of it, and his response was.. "I'm
    >loving these new things.. tabs"
    >I just about pissed myself
    >Ah well, at least hes enjoying the intarweb on a new level now
    ></priceless>

    poor bugger
    I bet he can't spell as well as you can either

    noddy, Nov 17, 2006
  7. Shane

    Shane Guest

    For the newbies
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intarweb
    Interweb (sometimes deliberately misspelled intarweb(s), intraweb, or
    interweeb and pronounced with strong secondary stress on the final
    syllable) is a slang term referring to the Internet, sometimes more
    specifically referring to the World Wide Web. The term is often used as a
    joke or sarcastically, to indicate inexperience using the Internet; for
    example, "You broke teh Interweb". The joke is that the correct casual name
    for the World Wide Web is "the Web," which is part of "the internet," and
    content found on the Web can be said to be either "on the Web" or "on the
    Internet." "Interweb" implies ignorance of the most basic terminology.

    The term interweb originated as the hacker culture responded to the
    ever-increasing influx of inexperienced users to the Internet's forums and
    chat rooms. Whereas the Internet had previously been the exclusive domain
    of the tech-savvy, it was now attracting millions of newcomers (newbies)
    who were now participating in it (often with poor netiquette). Referring to
    the Internet as the interweb mocks the inexperience and ignorance of these
    newcomers, whose lack of understanding of the workings of the 'net would
    often amuse or annoy the more experienced.

    --
    [Fry and Leela meet]
    Fry: Can I ask you a quesion?

    blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org