    From: Tom
    Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 4:54 PM
    To: ms64bitupgrade
    Subject: RE: ORder x0001225 fubar

    I have received it - with three different shipping labels on it! I wouldn't not have received it at all without my intervention because there was no name or apartment number on the address!!

    tawpgk, Jul 29, 2005

  2. On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 01:03:44 +0100, tawpgk <> wrote:

    > If you didn't know already how incompetent Zomax was, here is the email
    > thread that I had with them. Not in the least helpful and I would have
    > never received the TAP if I didn't get lucky changing the tracking
    > number.

    I am very concerned that mine will never be received. Thw website was
    shite, very US-centric, and only accepting zip codes, putting FN is my UK
    postal code.

    I emailed them the correct details, and they claim to have updated the
    address on the order.

    Nothing but tumble-weed at this end, after 3 months....

    Microsoft, don't screw up your reputation by using Zomax, the really don't
    know their arses from their elbows...
    Mark Gillespie, Jul 29, 2005

  3. tawpgk

    NNBXX Guest

    I once suggested in this NG that non-North American customers write their
    postal code in the regular address field of the order form (on the second
    line preferably). That's what I've done myself. I'm from France and I had
    the same problem as yours (FN in my postal code), instead of 92800, which is
    my actual postal code in France. I received my TAP July 20th (ordered April
    25th !).

    NNBXX, Jul 29, 2005
  4. tawpgk

    Gary Guest

    "Mark Gillespie" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 01:03:44 +0100, tawpgk <> wrote:
    >
    > I am very concerned that mine will never be received. Thw website was
    > shite, very US-centric, and only accepting zip codes, putting FN is my UK
    > postal code.
    >
    > I emailed them the correct details, and they claim to have updated the
    > address on the order.
    >
    > Nothing but tumble-weed at this end, after 3 months....
    >
    > Microsoft, don't screw up your reputation by using Zomax, the really don't
    > know their arses from their elbows...

    Don't worry about the FN entry.

    I'm also in the UK and my order had FN against it, which I was guessing
    stood for foreign.
    My order turned up a day or two after I received an email saying it had been
    shipped.

    The delivery label had no mention of FN on it. Mind you then had cut the
    last digit off my phone number so if there had been problems it could have
    taken a few goes to ring me.

    HTH

    Gary
    Gary, Jul 29, 2005
  5. tawpgk

    Aldo Bleeker Guest

    Yeah, I know what you mean! I heard a few days ago my order was
    cancelled "because of credit card decline". Rubbish! I've had this card
    for absolutely years, and it has NEVER been refused, by no one. Mind
    you, they told me this as a reply to my mail asking why my order was
    taking so long, and I'm left wondering when they were planning to let me
    know this bit of news if I hadn't emailed them first. It's just a few
    days before the application term is over, so there's not much I can do
    anymore, is there? I immediately mailed them back urging them to check
    again, but I'm not hopeful.

    I haven't heard anything from them as of this moment, so I've ordered
    again today. After three months waiting, and assuming they've actually
    cancelled my earlier order, I'll have to wait another two (6 - 8 weeks
    delivery) for my new order to arrive. IF it ever arrives, I had to use
    the same credit card again, it's the only one I have. This is absolutely
    appaling!

    Aldo Bleeker

    Aldo Bleeker, Jul 30, 2005
  6. tawpgk

    Tech1 Guest

    Hi,

    My disc arrived a few days back. Two days after I asked them for a contact
    name and number to discuss why they had taken the delivery charge from my
    account 10 weeks ago and had not yet delivered etc.

    It arrived in a partly open jiffy bag that had clearly been used before
    (part of the original sticky label remained. The bag had been used for
    doodling and was a mess. Because of the way the labels had been attached it
    was not possible to read my address and someone had peeled back one of
    those labels in order to read the address.

    I was not aware that it had been sent from a company other than Microsoft
    and had assumed that this was the poor performance I have in the past
    experienced with MS. It seems that they contract out work to companies if
    the same low quality performance.
    Tech1, Jul 31, 2005