    or is there any actual damage done ?

    I hope the LCD doesn't freeze !?

    H.
    howard, Jul 23, 2003

  2. howard

    Jim Townsend Guest

    howard wrote:

    > I looked at the spec for the Canon A70 and the lower
    > operating temp is 0 degrees C.
    >
    > Does the camera simply stop working at lower temperatures
    > or is there any actual damage done ?
    >
    > I hope the LCD doesn't freeze !?

    If you place the camera on a table outoors for a few hours at 0 C, you can
    expect it to get grumpy, but I imagine it will work. Zero C isn't that cold
    (At least where I live :)

    If you're just planning on shooting at zero, just keep your camera under your
    jacket.. That will keep it warm enough that you won't notice.

    I've used my old Pro90 at -25C. in a howling wind. The LCD didn't freeze, but
    it got sluggish in updating the image. When you moved the camera the image
    was very jerky. Again.. I never left the camera outdoors. It came from a
    warm car.
    Jim Townsend, Jul 23, 2003

  3. howard

    JK Guest

    howard wrote:

    > I looked at the spec for the Canon A70 and the lower
    > operating temp is 0 degrees C.
    >
    > Does the camera simply stop working at lower temperatures
    > or is there any actual damage done ?

    What probably happens is that the batteries don't put out enough
    power at that temperature to operate the camera properly. If you keep
    the camera under your coat and close to your body until just before
    you are ready to use it, you probably won't have a problem, unless
    you try to use the camera for several minutes at a time.

    JK, Jul 24, 2003