Zen Broadband Voice Launches

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Phil, Aug 28, 2007.

  1. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Phil, Aug 28, 2007

  2. Phil

    Phil Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Zen are now offering residential VOIP, if it's anything like their
    > broadband service it should be very very reliable.
    >
    > http://www.zen.co.uk/Voice/Broadband-Voice.aspx

    Forgot to say it's only available if your a Zen broadband customer.

    Phil, Aug 28, 2007

  3. Phil

    alexd Guest

    Phil wrote:

    > Zen are now offering residential VOIP, if it's anything like their
    > broadband service it should be very very reliable.

    ....and very very expensive ;-)

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    17:54:43 up 41 days, 23:40, 3 users, load average: 0.58, 0.31, 0.23

    alexd, Aug 28, 2007
  4. Phil

    Phil Guest

    "alexd" <> wrote in message
    > ...and very very expensive ;-)

    I guess if you use all 1000 minutes it works out at 0.5p/minute but then
    they want to charge 2.5p/minute for anything on top of that so it kind of
    depends, if you use exactly 1000 minutes it's pretty reasonable otherwise
    it's expensive.

    Phil, Aug 28, 2007
  5. Phil

    Linker3000 Guest

    alexd wrote:
    > Phil wrote:
    >
    >> Zen are now offering residential VOIP, if it's anything like their
    >> broadband service it should be very very reliable.

    > ...and very very expensive ;-)

    You beat me to it - Zen have a deserved reputation for reliability but I
    cannot justify their pricing any more. I was bringing all our new sites
    online with Zen a year or so back, but now BT gets all the business.

    Zen Voip = Too late, too expensive.

    Linker3000, Aug 28, 2007
  6. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    : : "alexd" <> wrote in message
    : : news:...
    : : : ...and very very expensive ;-)
    : : :
    : : I guess if you use all 1000 minutes it works out at
    : : 0.5p/minute but then they want to charge 2.5p/minute
    : : for anything on top of that so it kind of depends, if
    : : you use exactly 1000 minutes it's pretty reasonable
    : : otherwise it's expensive.

    I have problems using 10 minutes to PSTN lines, never mind 1000..! Don't
    like these "inclusive minutes" deals, it's more cost effective for me to
    pay by the minute. Most of the people I call are on (stand by for a tirade
    from Ron) Sipgate anyway so are free.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 28, 2007
  7. Phil

    It's Me Guest

    > Forgot to say it's only available if your a Zen broadband customer.

    No it's not.

    It's Me, Aug 30, 2007
  8. Phil

    Phil Guest

    "It's Me" <> wrote in message
    > No it's not.

    Yes it is

    Phil, Aug 30, 2007
  9. Phil

    alexd Guest

    Phil wrote:

    > "It's Me" <> wrote in message
    >> No it's not.
    >>

    > Yes it is

    He's behind you!

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    14:07:06 up 43 days, 19:52, 3 users, load average: 0.39, 0.30, 0.22

    alexd, Aug 30, 2007
  10. Phil

    Guest

    On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 19:10:57 +0100, Linker3000
    <> wrote:

    >You beat me to it - Zen have a deserved reputation for reliability but I
    >cannot justify their pricing any more. I was bringing all our new sites
    >online with Zen a year or so back, but now BT gets all the business.
    >
    >Zen Voip = Too late, too expensive.

    I just cannot understand some people they moan about a company
    charging a measly fiver a month for a thousand call minutes a month
    yet think nothing of going out and spending a fortune in one NIGHT on
    booze etc or in the bookies every afternoon .

    , Aug 31, 2007
  11. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    : : I just cannot understand some people they moan about a
    : : company charging a measly fiver a month for a thousand
    : : call minutes a month yet think nothing of going out and
    : : spending a fortune in one NIGHT on booze etc or in the
    : : bookies every afternoon .

    You understand perfectly well. People spend their money on what they (a)
    want to spend it on and (b) what they feel gives them best value.

    If people feel they get good value for the cost of their beer they'll
    spend it, if not they won't. If they feel they get good value for the cost
    of their phone calls they'll spend it, if they don't then they won't.

    A fiver a month is certainly good value if you make a tenner's worth of
    calls, but if you only make 50p's worth it's not, is it..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 31, 2007
  12. wrote:
    > On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 19:10:57 +0100, Linker3000
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> You beat me to it - Zen have a deserved reputation for reliability but I
    >> cannot justify their pricing any more. I was bringing all our new sites
    >> online with Zen a year or so back, but now BT gets all the business.
    >>
    >> Zen Voip = Too late, too expensive.

    > I just cannot understand some people they moan about a company
    > charging a measly fiver a month for a thousand call minutes a month
    > yet think nothing of going out and spending a fortune in one NIGHT on
    > booze etc or in the bookies every afternoon .

    Probably that for a voip service it is expensive, I got a better deal
    than that out of my mobile provider for £5/month.

    Thomas Kenyon, Aug 31, 2007
  13. Phil

    Guest

    On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 03:39:28 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >A fiver a month is certainly good value if you make a tenner's worth of
    >calls, but if you only make 50p's worth it's not, is it..?

    You could say that about many things that are paid for on a monthly
    basis Ivor I pay the RAC over a tenner a month but haven't had cause
    to use the service for nine months but it is nice to know they are
    there in case I do need them. I do not like waiting and wondering
    month to month how much a phone bill or any other bill is going to be
    so I pay voip.co.uk twenty pounds a year for all evening and weekend
    calls.
    I may not make any calls during any given day/week but it is there
    when I do need it without having to reckon the cost or watch some
    providers web site to make sure credit isn't running low .
    My car insurance cost me 18.00 a month and for the mileage I do in a
    month I feel sure I would have change out of a tenner if I used the
    bus but I am not a tight twat I do not believe in storing money up in
    some bank account for someone else to spend when I am gone or throwing
    it down the toilet for that matter never have never will.

    , Aug 31, 2007
  14. Phil

    Guest

    On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:18:28 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
    <> wrote:

    >Probably that for a voip service it is expensive,

    Why do you make voip sound like voip is some substandard service we
    use Thomas ? in my book it is just as good if not better than any
    fixed line service in some instances . I haven't had any problems with
    voip in two years since I changed to a DECENT provider .

    , Aug 31, 2007
  15. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message

    : : Why do you make voip sound like voip is some
    : : substandard service we use Thomas ? in my book it is
    : : just as good if not better than any fixed line service
    : : in some instances . I haven't had any problems with
    : : voip in two years since I changed to a DECENT provider

    I haven't had any problems staying with a decent one either.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 31, 2007
  16. Phil

    Guest

    On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:31:47 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >
    >: : Why do you make voip sound like voip is some
    >: : substandard service we use Thomas ? in my book it is
    >: : just as good if not better than any fixed line service
    >: : in some instances . I haven't had any problems with
    >: : voip in two years since I changed to a DECENT provider
    >
    >I haven't had any problems staying with a decent one either.
    >
    >Ivor

    So you do support another other than Sipgate because if you are
    saying Sipgate are decent then you will put up with any old rubbish, a
    decent provider will provide its customers a contact number on which
    to call them not just provide an email address . a Decent provider
    will not go off on a boozing weekend and leave the service to look
    after itself for nearly three days either get your facts right Ivor ..

    , Aug 31, 2007
  17. Phil

    Rob Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > I do not believe in storing money up in
    > some bank account for someone else to spend when I am gone or throwing
    > it down the toilet for that matter never have never will.

    As you always seem to be condemning the drinking of alcohol but never seem
    to mention wasting money on smoking, I can only assume you are a filthy
    smoker. If so, how hypocritical.

    Rob

    Rob, Aug 31, 2007
  18. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    : : So you do support another other than Sipgate because
    : : if you are saying Sipgate are decent then you will put
    : : up with any old rubbish, a decent provider will provide
    : : its customers a contact number on which to call them
    : : not just provide an email address . a Decent provider
    : : will not go off on a boozing weekend and leave the
    : : service to look after itself for nearly three days
    : : either get your facts right Ivor ..

    As you have no direct, first hand knowledge of the incident *over 2 years
    ago* of which you speak, you are in no position to comment.

    Try Sipgate *NOW* and tell me the same as you have been lying through your
    teeth about for the last 2 years.

    Change the record, Ron.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 1, 2007
  19. Phil

    Guest

    On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 02:28:28 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >As you have no direct, first hand knowledge of the incident *over 2 years
    >ago* of which you speak, you are in no position to comment.

    Really ! I have enough first hand knowledge of the incident to know
    that I and many others where denied service for nearly 3 days there
    for I am in an extremely good position to comment.
    We all know the cause which was due to Sipgate staff all running of to
    some exhibition or other and having a jolly good time in the process
    without giving a thought or making provision for the service they
    provide should the service fail while they where away WHICH IT DID and
    which I will NEVER let drop here or forgive or forget .

    >Try Sipgate *NOW* and tell me the same as you have been lying through your
    >teeth about for the last 2 years.

    Now why should I go to the trouble of filling in web forms and setting
    up my equipment etc and rejoining ? I would not litter my equipment
    ever again with Sipgate rubbish .
    When any company rips me of in anyway I do not give them a chance to
    do it ever again ,I am now with two very reliable voip providers that
    have never failed me in anyway over the last two years due to their
    OWN incompetence to run and maintain the services they provide and
    have gone running of enjoying themselves for the weekend .

    , Sep 1, 2007
  20. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    : : On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 02:28:28 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    : : <> wrote:
    : :
    : :
    : : : As you have no direct, first hand knowledge of the
    : : : incident *over 2 years ago* of which you speak, you
    : : : are in no position to comment.
    : :
    : : Really ! I have enough first hand knowledge of the
    : : incident to know that I and many others where denied
    : : service for nearly 3 days there for I am in an
    : : extremely good position to comment.

    : : We all know the cause which was due to Sipgate staff
    : : all running of to some exhibition or other and having a
    : : jolly good time in the process without giving a thought
    : : or making provision for the service they provide should
    : : the service fail while they where away WHICH IT DID and
    : : which I will NEVER let drop here or forgive or forget .

    Cite your proof of this please.

    : : : Try Sipgate *NOW* and tell me the same as you have
    : : : been lying through your teeth about for the last 2
    : : : years.
    : :
    : : Now why should I go to the trouble of filling in web
    : : forms and setting up my equipment etc and rejoining ? I
    : : would not litter my equipment ever again with Sipgate
    : : rubbish .

    So that you can present concrete personal evidence of your claim that they
    are rubbish.

    : : When any company rips me of in anyway I do not give
    : : them a chance to do it ever again ,I am now with two
    : : very reliable voip providers that have never failed me
    : : in anyway over the last two years due to their OWN
    : : incompetence to run and maintain the services they
    : : provide and have gone running of enjoying themselves
    : : for the weekend .

    Yes Ron.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 1, 2007