    provide that functionality.

    Thank much for the assistance

    Debbie Westall
    Debbie Westall, Nov 1, 2004

  2. On 01.11.2004 16:28 Debbie Westall wrote

    > I'm looking for a routing protocol simulator, such as MRTD or Zebra
    > that would allow me to flap routes to determine the effects on the
    > SPF algorithm.

    Neither Zebra, Quagga nor MRTD is a routing protocol simulator ...

    Arnold
    --
    Arnold Nipper, AN45
    Arnold Nipper, Nov 1, 2004

  3. Arnold Nipper wrote:
    > On 01.11.2004 16:28 Debbie Westall wrote
    >
    >> I'm looking for a routing protocol simulator, such as MRTD or Zebra
    >> that would allow me to flap routes to determine the effects on the
    >> SPF algorithm.
    >>

    > Neither Zebra, Quagga nor MRTD is a routing protocol simulator ...
    >

    > Arnold

    Hmm, thats not what I have read on the existing documentation. Maybe my
    wording is not exactly right....I'm looking
    for a program that I can bring up a peering relationship with a router
    and use that program to
    flap routes, etc.

    If neither of these is what I'm looking for, do you have any suggestions?

    Thanks

    Debbie
    Debbie Westall, Nov 2, 2004
  4. Debbie Westall

    zher Guest

    Sure Zebra can work, just download it and install it, the CLI is
    pretty much like a Cisco CLI, also it can support OSPF/BGP/RIP and
    static routing.

    Good luck.

    zher

    zher, Nov 3, 2004
  5. On 02.11.2004 20:08 Debbie Westall wrote

    > Arnold Nipper wrote:
    >> On 01.11.2004 16:28 Debbie Westall wrote
    >>
    >>> I'm looking for a routing protocol simulator, such as MRTD or Zebra
    >>> that would allow me to flap routes to determine the effects on the
    >>> SPF algorithm.
    >>>

    >> Neither Zebra, Quagga nor MRTD is a routing protocol simulator ...
    >>

    >> Arnold

    > Hmm, thats not what I have read on the existing documentation. Maybe my
    > wording is not exactly right....I'm looking
    > for a program that I can bring up a peering relationship with a router
    > and use that program to
    > flap routes, etc.
    >
    > If neither of these is what I'm looking for, do you have any suggestions?

    Neither is really what you are looking for. Zebra, Quagga or MRTD are
    routing-protocol suites. Of course you might use all of them as a basis
    to build protocol simulators. But none of this suites are helping you in
    particular to do so.

    You could also use any router and do the same.

    There are routing protocol simulators. Unfortunately the only thing I
    remember is that this software is very $$$ ...

    Arnold

    --
    Arnold Nipper, AN45
    Arnold Nipper, Nov 4, 2004