    I nearly flipped when I heard that distinctive voice.

    Glad I took a chance on this DVD. It's not a perfect film but it's quite
    ambitious and much better when you can see all of the film.

    Michael Rogers, Jan 22, 2004

  2. Michael Rogers

    Writer R5 Guest

    Zardoz is a great sci-fi flick worthy of multiple viewings to get all the
    little background information. My favorite character was "Friend."

    "Absolute acquittal!"

    I got turned on to the film about ten years or so back. A lot of people get
    turned off at first because the film is very much an element of it's time, but
    it has a lot to offer if you give it a chance. The opening question says it all
    "Is God is show business too?"

    Mark
    GENRE ONLINE.NET: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More
    http://www.genreonline.net
    Mark A. Rivera - Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster

    Writer R5, Jan 22, 2004

  3. Michael Rogers <> wrote:
    : I got the DVD for $7.00 at my grocery store.

    I bought one for a simlar price. Haven't viewed it yet. Saving it for a
    'vacation' viewing on my portable DVD player.

    Sounds like it was worth the money!!

    Richard in Boston, MA, USa

    Richard G Amirault, Jan 22, 2004
  4. Michael Rogers

    S. Jenkins Guest

    One of the best sleepers...

    S. Jenkins, Jan 22, 2004
  5. Best use of a Beethoven piece in a film...ever.

    Nick Baldasare, Jan 23, 2004
  6. Michael Rogers

    Ken Cobb Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 04:18:38 GMT, "Nick Baldasare"
    <> wrote:

    >Best use of a Beethoven piece in a film...ever.

    I liked the use of Beethoven's 9th in Die Hard better, but this was
    good as well.

    Ken

    Ken Cobb, Jan 23, 2004
  7. Michael Rogers

    Werz Mungle Guest

    "Ken Cobb" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 04:18:38 GMT, "Nick Baldasare"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Best use of a Beethoven piece in a film...ever.
    > >

    > I liked the use of Beethoven's 9th in Die Hard better, but this was
    > good as well.
    >
    > Ken

    A Clockwork Orange, people!

    Werz Mungle, Jan 23, 2004
  8. Michael Rogers

    Ken Cobb Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:56:55 GMT, "Werz Mungle" <> wrote:

    >"Ken Cobb" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 04:18:38 GMT, "Nick Baldasare"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Best use of a Beethoven piece in a film...ever.
    >> >

    >> I liked the use of Beethoven's 9th in Die Hard better, but this was
    >> good as well.
    >>
    >> Ken

    >A Clockwork Orange, people!

    I'll have to rewatch that, its been too long. The music from clockwork
    that springs to mind is the William Tell overture, but then I like
    naked women.

    Ken

    Ken Cobb, Jan 23, 2004
  9. Michael Rogers

    jayembee Guest

    "Nick Baldasare" <> wrote:

    > Best use of a Beethoven piece in a film...ever.

    I take it you've never seen A CLOCKWORK ORANGE...

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jan 23, 2004
  10. "Ken Cobb" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:56:55 GMT, "Werz Mungle" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Ken Cobb" <> wrote in message

    > >> I liked the use of Beethoven's 9th in Die Hard better, but this was
    > >> good as well.
    > >>
    > >> Ken

    > >A Clockwork Orange, people!
    > >

    > I'll have to rewatch that, its been too long. The music from clockwork
    > that springs to mind is the William Tell overture, but then I like
    > naked women.
    >
    > Ken

    Beethoven and his music not only play on the soundtrack but actually figure
    in the plot of "A Clockwork Orange."

    Jones Showinski, Jan 23, 2004
  11. Werz Mungle wrote:

    > > I liked the use of Beethoven's 9th in Die Hard better, but this was
    > > good as well.
    > >
    > > Ken

    > A Clockwork Orange, people!

    A bit of the 'ol Ludwig Van....