    Is it possible to clean uninstall ZA? And how.

    Thank in Advance x@y.

    ® An almost semi-professional Poster ®

    x@y, Jan 21, 2005

  2. x@y

    samuel Guest

    "x@y" <>> wrote in
    news::

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I use Windows XP Home OE IE 6.
    >
    > I may have to uninstall ZA Pro4, I read of some users having
    > problems with uninstalling, upgrading, and installing ZA. Is
    > this a sign of amber light turning red?
    >
    > Is it possible to clean uninstall ZA? And how.
    >
    > Thank in Advance x@y.

    you might want to read and ask in their forum

    http://forum.zonelabs.com

    samuel, Jan 21, 2005

  3. x@y

    JD Guest

    "x@y >" <> wrote in message

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I use Windows XP Home OE IE 6.
    >
    > I may have to uninstall ZA Pro4, I read of some users having

    problems
    > with uninstalling, upgrading, and installing ZA. Is this a sign of

    amber
    > light turning red?
    >
    > Is it possible to clean uninstall ZA? And how.
    >
    > Thank in Advance x@y.
    >

    > ® An almost semi-professional Poster ®

    Have fun .

    A lot of people are staying with ZA 4.5

    USE THESE IF YOU WANT TO REINSTALL THE NEW VERSION CLEANLY

    1. If you are running a version other than the free version then
    backup your settings in ZA. If you are running the free version then
    turn off ZoneAlarm and rename the folder named "internet logs" to
    oldlogs.

    2. Then go into the start menu and the zonelabs entry and right click
    on the uninstaller and select properties.

    3. In the target box you need to add a space and then /clean to the
    end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone
    Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean then click apply and then OK.

    4. Open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then
    run the uninstaller (the one you changed the shortcut for) This will
    get rid of ZA for you.

    5. Go to your windows temp folder and delete everything

    6. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it.

    7. Empty your recycle bin. ZA should be gone.

    8. Go to the run command in windows and run msconfig and select
    selective startup, uncheck everything below it and click apply then
    OK. Windows will then reboot.

    9. Run the installer again and if it asks, select clean install.

    10. Reboot windows again

    11. Run msconfig again and select full startup then apply and OK.

    12. Let windows reboot again.

    13. See if ZA and all your other software starts up and works
    normally. If it does then restore your settings and then wait 2
    minutes and then reboot again.

    14. If you are using the free version you will have to shutdown ZA
    again, delete the new folder called internet logs and then rename
    oldlogs back to internet logs and then reboot windows.

    15. Now see if everything is acting kosher.

    USE THESE IF YOU WNT TO GO BACK A VERSION

    1. If you do not have a copy of the last version of ZA you can get a
    copy of the last release from the release history page at zonelabs.
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/znalm/zaReleaseHistory.html
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/zap/releaseHistory.html

[...]

    14. Now see if everything is acting kosher.

    Unfortunately if you do not have a backup database from the previous
    version 4 install then you probably will not be able to re-import the
    new version. You can try but the differences between the two are
    large.

    JD

    JD, Jan 21, 2005
  4. x@y

    x@y > Guest

    JD wrote:
> [...]

    > 4. Open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then
    > run the uninstaller (the one you changed the shortcut for) This will
    > get rid of ZA for you.
    >
    > 5. Go to your windows temp folder and delete everything
    >
    > 6. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it.
    >
    > 7. Empty your recycle bin. ZA should be gone.
    >
    > 8. Go to the run command in windows and run msconfig and select
    > selective startup, uncheck everything below it and click apply then
    > OK. Windows will then reboot.
    >
    > 9. Run the installer again and if it asks, select clean install.
    >
    > 10. Reboot windows again
    >
    > 11. Run msconfig again and select full startup then apply and OK.
    >
    > 12. Let windows reboot again.
    >
    > 13. See if ZA and all your other software starts up and works
    > normally.
    >
    > 14. Now see if everything is acting kosher.

    I'm Moslem. Do you have Halal instructions?

    x@y >, Jan 21, 2005
  5. x@y

    Scrote Guest

    >> JD wrote:
    >>> "x@y >" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> 9. Run the installer again and if it asks, select clean install.
    >>>
    >>> 10. Reboot windows again
    >>>
    >>> 11. Run msconfig again and select full startup then apply and OK.
    >>>
    >>> 12. Let windows reboot again.
    >>>
    >>> 13. See if ZA and all your other software starts up and works
    >>> normally.
    >>>
    >>> 14. Now see if everything is acting kosher.

    >> I'm Moslem. Do you have Halal instructions?

    lol
    --
    We've all met people who are supposedly incredibly intelligent but
    don't know which way to sit on a lavatory. -- Stephen Fry

    Scrote, Jan 21, 2005
  6. x@y

    x@y Guest

    "samuel" <> wrote in message...
    > "x@y" <>> wrote in

    Snip...

    > you might want to read and ask in their forum
    >
    > http://forum.zonelabs.com

    Hi Samuel,

    I visited ZA forum before posting here, and by reading peoples'
    problems @ the forum, I thought to ask here.

    Thanks for the Link, x@y.

    x@y, Jan 22, 2005
  7. x@y

    x@y Guest

    "JD" <> wrote in message ...

    > "x@y >" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi everyone,
    >>
    >> I use Windows XP Home OE IE 6.
    >>
    >> I may have to uninstall ZA Pro4, I read of some users having

    > problems
    >> with uninstalling, upgrading, and installing ZA. Is this a sign of

    > amber
    >> light turning red?
    >>
    >> Is it possible to clean uninstall ZA? And how.
    >>
    >> Thank in Advance x@y.
    >>

    >> ® An almost semi-professional Poster ®
    >>

    > Have fun .
    >
    > A lot of people are staying with ZA 4.5

    snip...

    Hello JD,

    I saved Your instructions,

    I am buying a 2005 Antvirus Program with a Firewall.
    "Not ZA" Product, and I was advised to complete uninstall ZA,
    because of incompatibility with the new Product.

    would it be safe to use Windows XP uninstall Tools?

    I Googled for an Uninstaller Programs I found one called
    Advaced Unistaller Pro 2004 V.6 a lot of good reviews,
    I am looking for an alternative to remove ZA, without
    buying an uninstaller, reason is after I remove ZA,
    I will have no more use for it.

    Here is the url:

    http://www.innovative-sol.com/google/purchase_uninstaller.htm

    Thank You very much for Your reply, x@y.