    or Cancel to exit"

    But I can't find any YPOPS running. What's up?

    Brad

    Avalanche, Jun 28, 2005

  2. Avalanche

    Avalanche Guest

    Oops. The two YPOPS files are
    YPOPS!, the configuration program, and
    ypops-win-0.7.3, I assume the 'run it' program. The latter returns the
    message.
    -Brad

    Avalanche, Jun 29, 2005

  3. Avalanche

    Splibbilla Guest

    Avalanche <> in news::

    > Oops. The two YPOPS files are
    > YPOPS!, the configuration program, and
    > ypops-win-0.7.3, I assume the 'run it' program. The latter returns the
    > message.
    > -Brad

    ypops-win-0.7.3 sounds like the installer, because 7.3 is current versoin.

    check your other shortcut goes to [program files]\YPOPs\ypops.exe
    which is the ypops you run to get mail
    (ypops.exe must be loaded *while* your mail app is fetching mail, of course!).

    i have ypops setup for multiple email progs.
    with k9 spam filter setup "in between". (btw, k9's automatic settigns did not do it correctly! :) )

    i'ts a matter of resetting a few items in server and user id

    only possibly weird trouble, i think would be usually due to preexisting setup of your mail app...

    is your mail originally via IMAP???
    i beleive your mail software must be set to get via POP3 (not IMAP) to use ypop

    have you read teh setup for varoius mail apps at the ypop sourceforge site?
    ypops have a forum, but it's so tiring to register for all of those individual forums. i wish they'd just use a sensible usenet group
    alt.whatever*.freeware.*

    Splibbilla, Jun 30, 2005
  4. Avalanche

    Splibbilla Guest

    Avalanche <> in news::

    > YPOPS retrieve my yahoo mail

    saw your earlier thread.

    should mention:
    ypops rarely manages to delete read mail from yahoo server. so you should logon and clean it out occasionally.
    also yahoo changes thier site every once in a while. sometimes logging on direstly to yahoo mail gets ypops working again.

    Splibbilla, Jun 30, 2005