    about computers.

    Thank you
    Geopelia
    geopelia, Oct 1, 2005

  2. geopelia

    Shane Guest

    On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 11:07:51 +1200, geopelia wrote:

    > Ypager has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL.
    >
    > Now I'm having trouble with PC-cillin 2005. When I try to update new
    > components the computer gets a little way along and freezes. I've
    > restarted several times.
    >
    > Everything else seems to be working.
    >
    > Can I do anything or do I need the serviceman please? I don't know much
    > about computers.
    >
    > Thank you
    > Geopelia

    YPager is Yahoo! messenger and when I used it it was unstable as
    If this mesage is regular, consider updating your Yahoo messenger, or
    replacing it with a third party (usually equally unstable) messenger, such
    as Trillian www.ceruleanstudios.com

    Shane, Oct 1, 2005

  3. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Shane" <-a-geek.net> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 11:07:51 +1200, geopelia wrote:
    >
    > > Ypager has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL.
    > >
    > > Now I'm having trouble with PC-cillin 2005. When I try to update new
    > > components the computer gets a little way along and freezes. I've
    > > restarted several times.
    > >
    > > Everything else seems to be working.
    > >
    > > Can I do anything or do I need the serviceman please? I don't know much
    > > about computers.
    > >
    > > Thank you
    > > Geopelia

    > YPager is Yahoo! messenger and when I used it it was unstable as
    > If this mesage is regular, consider updating your Yahoo messenger, or
    > replacing it with a third party (usually equally unstable) messenger, such
    > as Trillian www.ceruleanstudios.com

    Thank you, I have just installed the new Yahoo messenger, so it is probably
    that. I have just succeeded in getting PC-cillin 2005 to update the new
    components. I've found a page showing logs, it seems why it kept failing was
    an internet connection error. Very odd, as I was connected to the internet
    for email and newsgroups, and that worked properly. (xtra).
    I'm still finding out all the bits and pieces of PC-cillin 2005.
    I've just received a CD from PC, no idea what I am supposed to do with it,
    but I'll hang on to it. I got all the instructions through the computer and
    did the download (with help from the serviceman - there were some bits of
    old programs holding things up), so I don't think I need the CD yet.

    I don't like Yahoo, but that is all a friend is using, takes ages to get to
    their inbox. Most of my friends are on MSN

    Thanks for your help.

    Geopelia
    geopelia, Oct 1, 2005