Youtube want to block all anonymous accounts?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by goo_lu1, Aug 1, 2010.

  1. goo_lu1

    goo_lu1 Guest

    Further my previous discussion thread. When I want to link my old
    youtube accounts to corresponding yahoo mail accounts, sometimes I got
    below response from youtube:

    http://groups.google.com.hk/group/2...rns about linking youtube and google accounts

    [Start of response message]

    Verify your account

    You're almost done! We just need to verify your account before we can
    create it.

    Account verification helps with:
    Preventing spam: we try to verify that real people, not robots, are
    creating accounts.
    Recovering account access: we will use your information to verify your
    identity if you ever lose access to your account.
    Communication: we will use your information to notify you of important
    changes to your account (for example, password changes from a new
    location).
    Unless you explicitly tell us to do so, your phone number will never
    be sold or shared with other companies, and we will not use it for any
    purpose other than during this verification step and for password
    recovery and account security issues. In other words, you don't have
    to worry about getting spam calls or text messages from us, ever.

    For more information, please read our frequently asked questions.
    Verification Options
    Text Message
    Google will send a text message containing a verification code to
    your mobile phone.

    Country
    --Select a country--
    Mobile phone company

    Send verification code to my mobile phone
    Phone number

    [End of response message]

    It's seem I need to give an real reachable mobile number to youtube to
    link the yahoo accounts to corresponding youtube accounts. Is that
    true? Anyway to avoid give youtube a real mobile number to complete
    the linkage procedure?

    Tks!
    goo_lu1, Aug 1, 2010

  2. goo_lu1 wrote:

    > It's seem I need to give an real reachable mobile number to youtube to
    > link the yahoo accounts to corresponding youtube accounts. Is that
    > true? Anyway to avoid give youtube a real mobile number to complete
    > the linkage procedure?
    >
    > Tks!

    BOYCOTT YOUTUBE

    <nods>