    per second or is it different with each video? If there is a maximum
    frames per second, what is it?

    Thanks IN advance.
    Richard Fangnail, Aug 28, 2007

  2. Richard Fangnail

    cross Guest

    did'nt get u fully...what u mean by frames..videos from youtube will
    get downloaded to you depending on the File size and your internet
    connection speed..as we all know, it may vary from a dial up to broad
    band..and it is not just using the technology what u mentioned
    cross, Aug 28, 2007

  3. Richard Fangnail

    thanatoid Guest

    Richard Fangnail <> wrote in

    > When you watch a youtube video - are there a certain number
    > of frames per second or is it different with each video?
    > If there is a maximum frames per second, what is it?
    >
    > Thanks IN advance.

    Something I have always found infuriating in consumer computer
    video/animation programs is the inability to set the frame rate.
    They sometimes run faster or slower just depending on the
    processor speed. Insane.

    As for the flv format, I am GUESSING that when you MAKE an flv
    you can set the frame rate. They obviously play at the same
    speed no matter what the machine etc. But judging by the wildly
    varying quality, I do not believe there is a set frame rate.
    Some appear about 30fps and many appear about 12. And quality
    can also be adjusted I would imagine, and to a major extent.

    (Video games are another kettle of fish, where the "frame rate"
    has to do with refreshing the image for best splatter and gore
    effects and not with the speed the image moves at. Crappy video
    cards give you 20-50, a $500 card will give you 130 "fps".
    Resolution also comes into play there, of course, but flv
    resolution is best not even mentioned.)

    AVI I believe had 15 fps as the standard, but I could be wrong.
    You can Google for "flv avi frame rate" (no ").

    Is Fangnail your REAL name????

    t.

    --
    "This is not nuclear. This is just a test."
    - illyria
    thanatoid, Aug 28, 2007
  4. Richard Fangnail

    ded Guest

    "Richard Fangnail" <> wrote in message
    > When you watch a youtube video - are there a certain number of frames
    > per second or is it different with each video? If there is a maximum
    > frames per second, what is it?
    >
    > Thanks IN advance.

    It's all in the help section of YouTube.
    Accepted Uploaded file types are: .WMV, .AVI, .MOV, and .MPG
    They can be uploaded regardless of format type - NTSC/PAL/SECAM etc
    But once uploaded YT will convert to NTSC 29fps .FLV before displaying.
    ded, Aug 28, 2007
  5. Richard Fangnail

    Guest

    Richard Fangnail <> wrote:

    >When you watch a youtube video - are there a certain number of frames
    >per second or is it different with each video? If there is a maximum
    >frames per second, what is it?
    >
    >Thanks IN advance.

    Dropping lots of FLV files into Gspot http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
    it's about 29.985, some lower (23.5,25.5 but it's rare)

    --

    Everybody! I talk to knows of Miss Teen South Carolina, even my mom
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww -