    When I asked why she said ....that way noone else could see her statement on
    line

    Oh My God....she's not even a blonde !!!!!
    olfart, Mar 19, 2007

  2. olfart

    Demolitio Guest

    olfart wrote:
    > My GF uses online banking. I watched her the other day as she downloaded her
    > monthly statement.
    > She then proceeded to print it out.
    > Then she shredded the printout.
    > When I asked why she said ....that way noone else could see her statement on
    > line
    >
    > Oh My God....she's not even a blonde !!!!!

    you cant be serious.
    Demolitio, Mar 19, 2007

  3. olfart

    ~xenc. Guest

    On 2007-03-19 14:41:20 +0000, "olfart" <> said:

    > My GF uses online banking. I watched her the other day as she downloaded her
    > monthly statement.
    > She then proceeded to print it out.
    > Then she shredded the printout.
    > When I asked why she said ....that way noone else could see her statement on
    > line
    >
    > Oh My God....she's not even a blonde !!!!!

    Poor girl :(
    ~xenc., Mar 19, 2007
  4. olfart

    meerkat Guest

    "olfart" <> wrote in message
    > My GF uses online banking. I watched her the other day as she downloaded
    > her monthly statement.
    > She then proceeded to print it out.
    > Then she shredded the printout.
    > When I asked why she said ....that way noone else could see her statement
    > on line
    >
    > Oh My God....she's not even a blonde !!!!!

    Come on, you already knew they come from a different
    planet <g>.
    meerkat, Mar 19, 2007
  5. olfart

    Frosty Guest

    On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:41:20 -0400 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk "olfart"
    <>, intended to write something intelligible, but
    instead wrote :

    >My GF uses online banking. I watched her the other day as she downloaded her
    >monthly statement.
    >She then proceeded to print it out.
    >Then she shredded the printout.
    >When I asked why she said ....that way noone

    n0one?
    Frosty, Mar 19, 2007
  6. olfart

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "olfart" <> wrote in message
    > My GF uses online banking. I watched her the other day as she downloaded
    > her monthly statement.
    > She then proceeded to print it out.
    > Then she shredded the printout.
    > When I asked why she said ....that way noone else could see her statement
    > on line
    >
    > Oh My God....she's not even a blonde !!!!!

    No, but she's headed that direction FAST! <g>
    WhzzKdd, Mar 19, 2007
  7. olfart

    Rick Merrill Guest

    WhzzKdd wrote:
    > "olfart" <> wrote in message
    >> My GF uses online banking. I watched her the other day as she downloaded
    >> her monthly statement.
    >> She then proceeded to print it out.
    >> Then she shredded the printout.
    >> When I asked why she said ....that way noone else could see her statement
    >> on line
    >>
    >> Oh My God....she's not even a blonde !!!!!

    > No, but she's headed that direction FAST! <g>

    Is she the one who ran out of typing paper and was told to
    "use copier paper" so she pushed the duplicate button and
    collected the paper that came out?
    Rick Merrill, Mar 19, 2007
  8. olfart wrote:

    > My GF uses online banking. I watched her the other day as she downloaded
    > her monthly statement.
    > She then proceeded to print it out.
    > Then she shredded the printout.
    > When I asked why she said ....that way noone else could see her statement
    > on line

    Well, didn't she know about the hidden micro-holgraphic "3d" patterns in
    these printouts, for identification and data restoration (and for the NSA)?

    > Oh My God....she's not even a blonde !!!!!

    30 percent hydrogen peroxide. Quick and clean. She doesn't even need gloves.
    Walter Mautner, Mar 19, 2007
  9. olfart

    ian field Guest

    "olfart" <> wrote in message
    > My GF uses online banking. I watched her the other day as she downloaded
    > her monthly statement.
    > She then proceeded to print it out.
    > Then she shredded the printout.
    > When I asked why she said ....that way noone else could see her statement
    > on line
    >
    > Oh My God....she's not even a blonde !!!!!

    Check the computer screen for blobs of correction fluid...................
    ian field, Mar 19, 2007
  10. olfart

    ian field Guest

    "Walter Mautner" <> wrote in message
    > olfart wrote:
    >
    >> My GF uses online banking. I watched her the other day as she downloaded
    >> her monthly statement.
    >> She then proceeded to print it out.
    >> Then she shredded the printout.
    >> When I asked why she said ....that way noone else could see her statement
    >> on line
    >>

    > Well, didn't she know about the hidden micro-holgraphic "3d" patterns in
    > these printouts, for identification and data restoration (and for the
    > NSA)?
    >
    >> Oh My God....she's not even a blonde !!!!!

    > 30 percent hydrogen peroxide. Quick and clean. She doesn't even need
    > gloves.

    ..................add chapatti flower and blow her head off!
    ian field, Mar 19, 2007
  11. olfart

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message
    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> "olfart" <> wrote in message
    >>> My GF uses online banking. I watched her the other day as she downloaded
    >>> her monthly statement.
    >>> She then proceeded to print it out.
    >>> Then she shredded the printout.
    >>> When I asked why she said ....that way noone else could see her
    >>> statement on line
    >>>
    >>> Oh My God....she's not even a blonde !!!!!

    >> No, but she's headed that direction FAST! <g>
    >>

    > Is she the one who ran out of typing paper and was told to
    > "use copier paper" so she pushed the duplicate button and
    > collected the paper that came out?

    Quite possibly <g>

    Or the one who had a "confidential" fax to send, and folded it in half
    before sending it so no one would read it on the way.
    WhzzKdd, Mar 19, 2007
  12. WhzzKdd wrote:

    > "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message
    >> WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>> "olfart" <> wrote in message

    >>> No, but she's headed that direction FAST! <g>
    >>>

    >> Is she the one who ran out of typing paper and was told to
    >> "use copier paper" so she pushed the duplicate button and
    >> collected the paper that came out?
    >>

    > Quite possibly <g>
    >
    > Or the one who had a "confidential" fax to send, and folded it in half
    > before sending it so no one would read it on the way.

    And then held it against her monitor to send it with WinFax?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 20, 2007
  13. Walter Mautner wrote:
    > olfart wrote:
    >

    >>My GF uses online banking. I watched her the other day as she downloaded
    >>her monthly statement.
    >>She then proceeded to print it out.
    >>Then she shredded the printout.
    >>When I asked why she said ....that way noone else could see her statement
    >>on line
    >>

    > Well, didn't she know about the hidden micro-holgraphic "3d" patterns in
    > these printouts, for identification and data restoration (and for the NSA)?
    >

    >>Oh My God....she's not even a blonde !!!!!

    > 30 percent hydrogen peroxide. Quick and clean. She doesn't even need gloves.

    My brother had heard about hydrogen peroxide and tried just poring some
    on head right of the bottle. 2 minutes later he saw no change and
    repeated application, making sure there was plenty. Starting the next
    day he was known as "Cottontop" for about 8 months.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 20, 2007
  14. olfart

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>
    >> "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message

    >>> Is she the one who ran out of typing paper and was told to
    >>> "use copier paper" so she pushed the duplicate button and
    >>> collected the paper that came out?
    >>>

    >> Quite possibly <g>
    >>
    >> Or the one who had a "confidential" fax to send, and folded it in half
    >> before sending it so no one would read it on the way.

    > And then held it against her monitor to send it with WinFax?

    LOL! Worth a try, isn't it?

    Along the same lines, I've been know recently to fax a few blank pages. Our
    old Canon copier/fax died, and we replaced it with a multifunction Samsung
    something-or-other. Besides the buttons and menus being all non-user
    friendly, the document feeder requires the pages be inserted face up. After
    7 or 8 years of faxing face down, I've not quite got "in the groove" with
    this stinkin' new machine <g>
    WhzzKdd, Mar 20, 2007
  15. WhzzKdd wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >> And then held it against her monitor to send it with WinFax?
    >>

    > LOL! Worth a try, isn't it?
    >
    > Along the same lines, I've been know recently to fax a few blank
    > pages. Our old Canon copier/fax died, and we replaced it with a
    > multifunction Samsung something-or-other. Besides the buttons and
    > menus being all non-user friendly, the document feeder requires the
    > pages be inserted face up. After 7 or 8 years of faxing face down,
    > I've not quite got "in the groove" with this stinkin' new machine <g>

    That would be a really easy mistake to make, and yes -- more than once.

    I got a new scanner, yesterday. Boy, has OCR come a long ways since the
    last time I played with it. With no tweaking from me, about three mouse
    clicks (Scan, Read and Save) got me a beautiful flawless RTF file of a
    two-column story from a magazine page. And it was 42kb small; imagine
    what an image file would've been. The formatting of the display-font
    headline and subheads was even retained. Oh, hell...I might as well
    stick it on Blinkynet as an example. Check it out with your word
    processor (I use Open Office). Remember -- I did no editing at all.

    http://blinkynet.net/stuff/wax_ocr.rtf

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 20, 2007
  16. olfart

    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> And then held it against her monitor to send it with WinFax?
    >>>

    >> LOL! Worth a try, isn't it?
    >>
    >> Along the same lines, I've been know recently to fax a few blank
    >> pages. Our old Canon copier/fax died, and we replaced it with a
    >> multifunction Samsung something-or-other. Besides the buttons and
    >> menus being all non-user friendly, the document feeder requires the
    >> pages be inserted face up. After 7 or 8 years of faxing face down,
    >> I've not quite got "in the groove" with this stinkin' new machine <g>

    > That would be a really easy mistake to make, and yes -- more than once.
    >
    > I got a new scanner, yesterday. Boy, has OCR come a long ways since the
    > last time I played with it. With no tweaking from me, about three mouse
    > clicks (Scan, Read and Save) got me a beautiful flawless RTF file of a
    > two-column story from a magazine page. And it was 42kb small; imagine
    > what an image file would've been. The formatting of the display-font
    > headline and subheads was even retained. Oh, hell...I might as well
    > stick it on Blinkynet as an example. Check it out with your word
    > processor (I use Open Office). Remember -- I did no editing at all.
    >
    > http://blinkynet.net/stuff/wax_ocr.rtf

    Was this with the bundled OCR? I agree that it is much better - I've not
    used mine in a year or so, but it really is better than what I used in the
    late 90's. Even with my copied/copied/copied documents I was getting better
    than 95% accuracy. (I was archiving some stuff that no one could find the
    originals for.)
    WhzzKdd, Mar 20, 2007
  17. WhzzKdd wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> LOL! Worth a try, isn't it?
    >>>
    >>> Along the same lines, I've been know recently to fax a few blank
    >>> pages. Our old Canon copier/fax died, and we replaced it with a
    >>> multifunction Samsung something-or-other. Besides the buttons and
    >>> menus being all non-user friendly, the document feeder requires the
    >>> pages be inserted face up. After 7 or 8 years of faxing face down,
    >>> I've not quite got "in the groove" with this stinkin' new machine <g>

    >> That would be a really easy mistake to make, and yes -- more than once.
    >>
    >> I got a new scanner, yesterday. Boy, has OCR come a long ways since the
    >> last time I played with it. With no tweaking from me, about three mouse
    >> clicks (Scan, Read and Save) got me a beautiful flawless RTF file of a
    >> two-column story from a magazine page. And it was 42kb small; imagine
    >> what an image file would've been. The formatting of the display-font
    >> headline and subheads was even retained. Oh, hell...I might as well
    >> stick it on Blinkynet as an example. Check it out with your word
    >> processor (I use Open Office). Remember -- I did no editing at all.
    >>
    >> http://blinkynet.net/stuff/wax_ocr.rtf
    >>

    > Was this with the bundled OCR? I agree that it is much better - I've not

    Yeah -- a freebie version of a not-cheap retail package.

    One of these guys' products, FineReader 6.0 Sprint Plus

    http://www.abbyy.com/

    I still hardly believe I didn't have to do any editing on that. :)

    > used mine in a year or so, but it really is better than what I used in the
    > late 90's. Even with my copied/copied/copied documents I was getting better
    > than 95% accuracy. (I was archiving some stuff that no one could find the
    > originals for.)

    What package were you using? Recently, I mean, not in the Bad Old Days
    For OCR in the last decade.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 21, 2007
  18. olfart

    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I got a new scanner, yesterday. Boy, has OCR come a long ways since the
    >>> last time I played with it. With no tweaking from me, about three mouse
    >>> clicks (Scan, Read and Save) got me a beautiful flawless RTF file of a
    >>> two-column story from a magazine page. And it was 42kb small; imagine
    >>> what an image file would've been. The formatting of the display-font
    >>> headline and subheads was even retained. Oh, hell...I might as well
    >>> stick it on Blinkynet as an example. Check it out with your word
    >>> processor (I use Open Office). Remember -- I did no editing at all.
    >>>
    >>> http://blinkynet.net/stuff/wax_ocr.rtf
    >>>

    >> Was this with the bundled OCR? I agree that it is much better - I've not

    > Yeah -- a freebie version of a not-cheap retail package.
    >
    > One of these guys' products, FineReader 6.0 Sprint Plus
    >
    > http://www.abbyy.com/
    >
    > I still hardly believe I didn't have to do any editing on that. :)
    >
    >> used mine in a year or so, but it really is better than what I used in
    >> the
    >> late 90's. Even with my copied/copied/copied documents I was getting
    >> better
    >> than 95% accuracy. (I was archiving some stuff that no one could find the
    >> originals for.)

    > What package were you using? Recently, I mean, not in the Bad Old Days
    > For OCR in the last decade.

    It's something embedded in Epson's utilities - there isn't a name on it. \
    WhzzKdd, Mar 21, 2007
  19. WhzzKdd wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Was this with the bundled OCR? I agree that it is much better - I've
    >>> not

    >> Yeah -- a freebie version of a not-cheap retail package.
    >>
    >> One of these guys' products, FineReader 6.0 Sprint Plus
    >>
    >> http://www.abbyy.com/
    >>
    >> I still hardly believe I didn't have to do any editing on that. :)
    >>
    >>> used mine in a year or so, but it really is better than what I used
    >>> in the late 90's. Even with my copied/copied/copied documents I was
    >>> getting better than 95% accuracy. (I was archiving some stuff that
    >>> no one could find the originals for.)

    >> What package were you using? Recently, I mean, not in the Bad Old
    >> Days For OCR in the last decade.
    >>

    > It's something embedded in Epson's utilities - there isn't a name on
    > it. \

    Speaking of Epson, if I didn't mention it my new scanner is one of
    theirs. I mention this because yes, sometimes there *are* difficulties
    with hardware and Linux, the issue being drivers. I bought the scanner
    without doing my usual homework on whether or not it was Linux friendly,
    and figured that I'd just use it on my secondary or tertiary systems
    that have Windows. When I did get around to Googling for its
    Linuxability, the very first Google hit took me to a site (apparently
    backed by Epson[1]) that had two small (total maybe 500KB) utilities to
    be installed. I installed them and I not is the new scanner available
    when I click on "Acquire" in The GIMP (my image editor) but I also have
    a stand-alone GUI scanner interface for direct access. :)

    [1] "Epson" is not in the site name, but the site is copyrighted
    "Epson Avasys Corporation".[2]

    [2] For any other Penguinistas out there who may be reading this, here's
    the site -- it covers drivers for scanners and printers.
    http://tinyurl.com/2w5qob

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 21, 2007
  20. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Yeah -- a freebie version of a not-cheap retail package.
    >>>
    >>> One of these guys' products, FineReader 6.0 Sprint Plus
    >>>
    >>> http://www.abbyy.com/
    >>>
    >>> I still hardly believe I didn't have to do any editing on that. :)

    >>> What package were you using? Recently, I mean, not in the Bad Old
    >>> Days For OCR in the last decade.
    >>>

    >> It's something embedded in Epson's utilities - there isn't a name on
    >> it. \

    > Speaking of Epson, if I didn't mention it my new scanner is one of
    > theirs. I mention this because yes, sometimes there *are* difficulties
    > with hardware and Linux, the issue being drivers. I bought the scanner
    > without doing my usual homework on whether or not it was Linux friendly,
    > and figured that I'd just use it on my secondary or tertiary systems
    > that have Windows. When I did get around to Googling for its
    > Linuxability, the very first Google hit took me to a site (apparently
    > backed by Epson[1]) that had two small (total maybe 500KB) utilities to
    > be installed. I installed them and I not is the new scanner available

    "I installed them and not only is the new scanner available..." :)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 21, 2007