    as the ones i saw on my exam. My question is: Is using
    these braindumps cheating? One guy said he passed the 2
    exams in 3 days.

    Samantha, Jun 5, 2004

  2. Samantha

    Network Guru Guest

    "Samantha" <> wrote in message
    news:188bd01c44b10$2b4245e0$...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am currently on the windows 2000 MCSE track,and I have
    > passed 217,219,215,& 210 using smartcertify, sybex, CBT
    > nuggets and Transcenders to prepare. While preparing for
    > the 220 exam (which I failed proviously) I was scouring
    > the net for resources to help me, when I can across a
    > website to my surprise that had the same exact questions
    > as the ones i saw on my exam. My question is: Is using
    > these braindumps cheating? One guy said he passed the 2
    > exams in 3 days.

    The rules of conduct for this newsgroup prohibit me from using Chalk's
    coined phrase in its purest form. If it was acceptable I'd use it.

    Do yourself a favor and study and learn the material. Buy a cheap network
    configuration and take your time and do things the right way.

    Network Guru, Jun 5, 2004

  3. Samantha

    Techie Guest

    go away troll

    --
    Techie
    MCNGP #21

    Techie, Jun 5, 2004
  4. Samantha

    Guest Guest

    Yes, using braindumps is cheating.

    Guest, Jun 5, 2004
  5. Samantha

    Beoweolf Guest

    If you are asking? Then you already know the answer! If you are seeking
    permission, you will not find it here. Cheating is cheating...Oh, yea, just
    in case you missed the point...it is cheating!

    I would not want to work with someone that resorted to memorizing or
    copying the answers to pass the certification tests.

    We all fully realize that no one is 100% in all aspects of IT...it changes
    too fast, what you learned today is revised in 6 months to a year and
    obsolete in 2 to 3 years. A good IT technologist must continue to learn
    throughout his career, you need to learn how to learn, research, retain and
    combine diverse knowledge and concepts to stay ahead of the curve. How is a
    Braindumpers "knowledge" going to be an asset to me or any other co-worker,
    he is a parasite, living off the knowledge of others. Supposedly, IT is one
    of the last occupations based on Merit, no unions, no guilds, no organized
    professional Organizations....Ronin of Technology, owned by no master,
    living by their skill. And you want a short cut?
    "Samantha" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am currently on the windows 2000 MCSE track,and I have
    > passed 217,219,215,& 210 using smartcertify, sybex, CBT
    > nuggets and Transcenders to prepare. While preparing for
    > the 220 exam (which I failed proviously) I was scouring
    > the net for resources to help me, when I can across a
    > website to my surprise that had the same exact questions
    > as the ones i saw on my exam. My question is: Is using
    > these braindumps cheating? One guy said he passed the 2
    > exams in 3 days.

    ---

    Beoweolf, Jun 5, 2004
  6. Samantha

    Samantha Guest

    Excuse me Beowolf for asking a question I think needed to
    be asked. Obviously if I knew the answer I would not have
    asked. I was not seeking permission I was seeking an
    answer. I never said I used braindumps to pass my exams, I
    said I recently came across a site that had the same exact
    case studies, and questions as an exam I took which I was
    SURPRISE to see. Those people on that site did not see it
    as cheating, I was simply asking the opinion of others
    here their thoughts on it. But so far I am being insulted
    for surfing, being insulted for using a search engine that
    took me to that website, being insulted for asking a
    question I did not know the answer to, and did not know
    was TABOO. You should simply just put up a notice that
    says "You should asked questions as long as it is not
    about braindumping". Did you not read that I passed my
    exams using other study materials? So don't get down on
    me for asking a question.

    6/4/2004

    Samantha, Jun 5, 2004
  7. Samantha

    Zenner Guest

    Insulted as you may be, there is still a search function in news groups and
    most newsreaders and browsers. IF you hadn't noticed, this is a public
    forum, your inocent request, is seen by thousands, maybe millions of
    readers. Not all of them is having a good day. What may be answered with
    humor on one day, may invoke in an entirely differ response after hearing
    the same question, maybe in different words, for the 100th time.

    There is a long tradition of making use of the search function, before
    posting a question that may have been asked and answered previously.
    Acquaint yourself with it, it saves a lot bruised feelings and allows you a
    chance to get a feeling for the general character of a newsgroup,
    anonymously...if you chose to stay and participate then you will at least
    have a rough idea of basic unwritten ground rules, courtesies most
    newsgroups have developed over the years.

    I doubt if anyone seeking a certification, especially after completing more
    that one or two MCP exams, has never heard about Braindumps, or read an
    article on "Paper MCSE", or encountered graduates of some of the more
    notorious "become an MCSE in 7 days" plans that are offered continuously by
    spam spewing sites from every corner of the globe.

    OK, so you may have missed or were oblivious to these speed traps on the
    road to certification. Now you know. As for being righteously insulted, that
    may be true too. Alternately, from another perspective...current MCSEs, may
    feel insulted when confronted with suspicions of being members, advocates
    or practitioners of these same shortcuts. By staying silent, it could be
    construed that we are tacitly agreeing that it is OK.

    Your feeling, as important as they are to you, are not the be all, end all
    in the game of life. Welcome to the newsgroup! Hope it is helpful in
    providing information that can be of use to you as you legitimately pursue
    your advanced certifications.

    And I do appreciate that you took the time to respond, specifically to my
    post as opposed to the others that made the same point.

    ---

    Zenner, Jun 5, 2004
  8. Samantha

    Samantha Guest

    Zenner,

    Thank you for your response. I am not an unreasonable
    person, and I can see where I may have been remise by not
    using the search function, and I am sorry for that. But
    believe it or not I had not known about braindumps until a
    day ago. I usually purchase transcenders to practice
    questions before I take an exam. It is only because I
    failed the 70-220 exam that I decided to seach the net for
    free additional resources to help me practice on, that I
    came across braindumps. It was a whole new world to me,
    and I was not sure what to make of it. It did seem a bit
    shady to me, but I wanted to get others opinions. I have
    found newsgroups to be a wonderful source of information,
    and help in the past, and I thought I would just post the
    question here. I was shocked to be called a "troll", and
    more deserving if I was "ugly" too. Regardless of how a
    person feels this was unprofessional, and misdirected. If
    persons like Techie and Network Guru feel that strongly
    about it they should go on the braindumps websites and
    insult the users not me. However I appreciate your
    position, and thank you for explaining things to me.

    in

    (http://www.grisoft.com).

    >> 6/4/2004
    >> >

    >> >.
    >> >

    >---

    6/4/2004

    Samantha, Jun 5, 2004
  9. Samantha

    Techie Guest

    Why would I need to go to braindump websites to go after braindumpers when
    they insist on posting here, eh troll?

    --
    Techie
    MCNGP #21

    Techie, Jun 5, 2004
  10. >My question is: Is using
    >these braindumps cheating?

    Yes.

    > One guy said he passed the 2
    >exams in 3 days.

    He is an assfucker, tell him Kline Sphere said so.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 5, 2004
  11. >The rules of conduct for this newsgroup prohibit me from using Chalk's
    >coined phrase in its purest form. If it was acceptable I'd use it.

    As if I were to give a shit

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 5, 2004
  12. >go away troll

    you mean 'back under the bridge'.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 5, 2004
  13. >My question is: Is using
    >these braindumps cheating?

    Yes.

    > One guy said he passed the 2
    >exams in 3 days.

    He is an a$$fucker, tell him Kline Sphere said so.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 5, 2004
  14. Samantha,

    Sorry you caught so much heat
    over such a basic question.

    Anyone pursuing any certification
    at any level of experience
    can benefit from as much
    practice testing as possible.
    There are some online practice
    tests that seem as legit as those found
    in published books.
    http://certcities.com/
    Offers a "guilt-free" list under
    its "Practice Exams" section.

    The braindumps that you referred to,
    however, were not questions created
    from scratch as you noticed.
    Often people post questions they
    recall from exams they recently sat.
    Others even sell printed tests that
    were either pooled from people
    with sharp memories or perhaps
    someone found a way to capture
    actual screens during an exam.

    You will likely find some
    online tests of good quality
    that someone was kind enough
    to create only from referencing the
    official list of topics and
    courseware.

    Sorry for the abuse.
    I don't understand what
    good can come from flaming
    over a practice that's become
    so widespread. At least we
    could let people know there are
    alternatives.

    btw, I believe it was the bursting of
    the tech bubble primarily, and perhaps
    foreign outsourcing to a small extent,
    that deflated the market value of
    IT certified workers. A "paper
    [name your cert here]" won't get
    very far without some skills and
    good sense. Employers do tend
    to notice when someone they've
    hired can't do the job.

    The previous paragraph will
    probably draw some ire my
    way now.

    Good luck to you.

    ====================

    J. Q. Etuo, MCSE/CCNA/A+, Jun 5, 2004
  15. >Anyone pursuing any certification
    >at any level of experience
    >can benefit from as much
    >practice testing as possible.

    yeah, it's real tricky to point 'n' click a mouse.

    Learning the material is the [seemingly] hard part.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 5, 2004
  16. Passing a cert with no real world
    experience may be possible for
    some depending on the cert,
    but passing a cert with ONLY
    on the job experience is difficult
    or impossible (again depending
    on which cert).
    The fact is, many seasoned experts
    fail their tests the first time around.
    A work environment provides
    important but lopsided experiences;
    because, each company emphasizes
    certain platforms, standards, and has
    set ways of doing things.
    Someone with years of experience
    supporting Lotus Notes might
    seem quite inept to you using Outlook.
    Is this person an idiot, who should be
    cleaning toilets? The fact is a cert,
    even assuming novices were barred
    from attempting them, is about
    more than experience. It implies a
    well-rounded understanding of a topic
    that may include items that one has never
    needed to use, but could tackle should
    the need arise. Also, any test has pacing
    and format issues that affect the test taker.
    Take the SAT's for example. Verbal
    and math skills can't be learned
    overnight, so preparing for the
    SAT should make no difference.
    Instead, kids who go through SAT
    prep do better; because, they have
    a feel for the timing and mechanics of
    the process. So, yes, in fact there
    is a place for practice testing
    and study guides as well as reading and
    hands-on experience. The good news is
    there are resources to all of these needs
    and the dreaded braindumps (see I'm calm
    and using lowercase letters when I use that
    word) are unnecessary.

    =================

    J. Q. Etuo, MCSE/CCNA/A+, Jun 6, 2004
  17. circa Sat, 5 Jun 2004 09:58:27 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Samantha
    () said,
    > You should simply just put up a notice that
    > says "You should asked questions as long as it is not
    > about braindumping".

    It is customary to peruse a newsgroup to find out if one's question
    has already been posted ad nauseum before posting it.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Jun 6, 2004
  18. circa Sat, 5 Jun 2004 08:17:09 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Samantha
    () said,
    > Is using
    > these braindumps cheating?

    Yes, it is.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Jun 6, 2004
  19. Samantha

    Samantha Guest

    J.Q Etuo,

    Thank you for your sane response. Someone questioned
    whether I could have passed 4 exams, and never heard about
    braindumps and Paper MCSE; nevertheless, that is what
    happened, I accidentally came across a website with the
    exact same material as the exam I took earlier this week.
    I didn't even think braindumping was possible because I
    thought Microsoft had a deeper pool of questions to
    randomly make up an exam. I thank you for the link and I
    will check it out.

    Best regards
    Samantha

    Samantha, Jun 6, 2004
  20. circa Sat, 5 Jun 2004 08:17:09 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Samantha
    () said,
    > Is using
    > these braindumps cheating?

    Yes, it is.