your stay in Scarborough

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Norma Kent, Aug 10, 2003.

  1. Norma Kent

    Norma Kent Guest

    Dear Moses

    We received your letter via Pastor Paul Haworth. I would like to be frank &
    clear. We had not made up our mind about having you. We have had lodgers
    before & it hasn't been the best of experiences. And we are a little
    apprehensive more so as you may be with us a year. How ever we are willing
    to try once again. It maybe best that we have a trial period. If it doesn't
    work out then we will help you to find other accommodation. But if this God'
    s will then we will all get on well & it will be a positive experience. A
    bit about Scarborough & ourselves. We will expecting you to contribute
    towards the electric, gas & water as well as for the room. We thought £160
    per calendar month. There is a bus at the top of the road that goes past the
    main college gates regularly as we are about 3 miles from the college. We
    are the only Seventh-day Adventists in the town. There is another 10 miles
    out. The nearest church is 45miles away in York; the next is 50 miles in
    Hull. We have been here nearly 3 years, having been forced to retire early
    due to ill health. We are in the process of building up Sabbath Bible Study
    Group in our home. It is still early days as it is very hard to evangelise
    in Britain. We have anywhere between 2-13 people, most being Adventists who
    are supporting us, but we do have 3 non-Adventists that do attend sometimes.
    Though we do have several more contacts that may join us some day in the
    future. When you arrive we will be beginning a low-key outreach to run
    through October & November. Scarborough is on the north East Coast, it is
    can be windy here, rainy & foggy & I except you will find it cold, so bring
    some thick clothing. But this is one of the most beautiful parts of our
    country. There is some stunning scenery around here, from sheer cliffs full
    of seabirds in the summer, moor land & hidden valleys, wandering streams &
    tiny picturesque villages. The town is a fairly small holiday resort with a
    little industry. We would be pleased if you would confirm your arrival date
    as soon as you are able so that we can have your room ready. Yours in Christ
    John & Norma Kent.

    Norma Kent, Aug 10, 2003

  2. Norma Kent

    stickems Guest

    Can I bring my brother Aaron?

    &

    stickems, Aug 10, 2003

  3. Norma Kent

    anthonyberet Guest

    Norma Kent wrote:
    <snip>
    > it is very hard to evangelise in Britain.

    Good.
    bounce.
    anthonyberet

    anthonyberet, Aug 10, 2003
  4. Norma Kent

    slumpy Guest

    Re: your stay in Scarborough...shall I ?

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as anthonyberet continued:

    No, why ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 10, 2003
  5. Norma Kent

    Bryan Guest

    "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    > slumpy wrote:
    >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"
    >> I threw back my head and roared with laughter as anthonyberet
    >> continued:

    <snip>

    >>> Please tell me you copied this via email?

    >> No, why ?

    > because it would make me laugh even more if you had ;-)

    The guy's a natural comic!
    For chrisake, Slumpy, write a bleedin' book will you?!
    ;)

    Bryan, Aug 11, 2003
  6. Norma Kent

    Jimchip Guest

    On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 01:08:13 +0100, Michael Thompson wrote:

    >> > No, why ?

    >> because it would make me laugh even more if you had ;-)
    >> --
    >> Put "usenet" in the subject-line if you want to mail me, otherwise it will
    >> bounce.
    >> anthonyberet
    >>

    > For gods sake trim your replys

    You need to leave attributions in so that readers will know who said
    what. And, BTW, your 'trimming' was so severe that the post makes little
    sense.

    http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/quote.html
    "Be accurate with your attributions. That is in displaying who said
    what..."

    --
    "I give up, you don't want to see that there is a difference between
    being in something and being in something that is attached to, a part

    Jimchip, Aug 11, 2003
  7. Norma Kent

    slumpy Guest

    Re: your stay in Scarborough...shall I ?

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Bryan continued:

    > "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    >> slumpy wrote:
    >>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    >>> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as anthonyberet
    >>> continued:

    > <snip>

    >>> No, why ?

    >> because it would make me laugh even more if you had ;-)

    > The guy's a natural comic!
    > For chrisake, Slumpy, write a bleedin' book will you?!
    > ;)

    Maybe I should....;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 11, 2003
  8. Norma Kent

    anthonyberet Guest

    Michael Thompson wrote:
    >>> No, why ?

    >> because it would make me laugh even more if you had ;-)
    >> --
    >> Put "usenet" in the subject-line if you want to mail me, otherwise
    >> it will bounce.
    >> anthonyberet
    >>

    > For gods sake trim your replys

    Fair do's, that one could have done with a snip...
    Mind you, you should have trimmed my .sig (I don't believe its broken
    either.....) ;-)
    bounce.
    anthonyberet

    anthonyberet, Aug 11, 2003