    http://icasualties.org/oif/

    "You would make a destructive god, Mr. Hole, but as a human, you remain
    pathetic and ineffectual." -- Heck

    The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole, Sep 10, 2004

  2. The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole wrote:

    > How many films are in your queue, and when should you admit you have
    > problem? Me, I'm at 363.

    Problem, yes, but help is available--

    Assuming you haven't already got one by now:
    http://www.thelittleappfactory.com/application.php?app=Netflix Freak

    Derek Janssen (how did I ever get along without one?) :)

    Derek Janssen, Sep 10, 2004

  3. "The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole" <> wrote in message
    > How many films are in your queue, and when should you admit you have
    > problem? Me, I'm at 363.

    We have 371.

    As an aside ... August was a bonus month for our household, we received 45
    movies from netflix; the most for any month yet.

    Colon Terminus, Sep 10, 2004
  4. In article <CDl0d.525460$>
    Colon Terminus wrote:

    >"The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole" <> wrote in message
    >> How many films are in your queue, and when should you admit you have
    >> problem? Me, I'm at 363.
    >>

    >We have 371.
    >
    >As an aside ... August was a bonus month for our household, we received 45
    >movies from netflix; the most for any month yet.

    I'm absolutely stunned. I can't even think of 45 movies I would want to
    watch, never mind 363 or 371.

    **
    Captain Infinity
    ...unless they're movies starring Shauna Grant, that is.

    Captain Infinity, Sep 10, 2004
  5. Captain Infinity <> wrote:

    >In article
    ><CDl0d.525460$> Colon Terminus wrote:

    >>"The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole"
    >><> wrote in
    >>message

    >>>How many films are in your queue, and
    >>>when should you admit you have
    >>>problem? Me, I'm at 363.

    >>We have 371.

    >>As an aside ... August was a bonus month
    >>for our household, we received 45 movies
    >>from netflix; the most for any month yet.

    >I'm absolutely stunned. I can't even think
    >of 45 movies I would want to watch, never
    >mind 363 or 371.

    Yes you can.

    Oh, and they aren't just films in my queue, probably half if not more
    are old tv shows, cartoons, music stuff. A whole season worth of them is
    6 or 7 DVDs, so just a few adds up. I've gotten to see things I would
    never get a chance to watch if I waited for them to show up on tv, and
    in most other places you simply can't rent tv shows (other than the most
    popular ones) so you can see the shows you might have never seen or its
    been years since you had and while you liked them you aren't sure you
    want to spend all the money on an entire set. Or you just might want to
    listen to the commentary tracks but don't want to own them.

    I've got a coupon for a free month's worth
    of NetFlix that I can e-mail you if you like and you can try them out
    for yourself. There's no risk, pay nothing now, and if you're not
    completely satisfied cancel at any time.

    Mr. Hole

    The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole, Sep 11, 2004
  6. Eenie Meenie Chili Beanie
    The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole is about to speak:

    >I've got a coupon for a free month's worth
    >of NetFlix that I can e-mail you if you like and you can try them out
    >for yourself. There's no risk, pay nothing now, and if you're not
    >completely satisfied cancel at any time.

    No.

    **
    Captain Infinity

    Captain Infinity, Sep 11, 2004
  7. The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <41424e97$0$6927$>, Derek Janssen
    <> wrote:

    > The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole wrote:
    > >
    > >>I'm absolutely stunned. I can't even think
    > >>of 45 movies I would want to watch, never
    > >>mind 363 or 371.

    > > Yes you can.

    > I think he just wants sympathy for his not being able to think of them.

    Or he's seen all the old stuff he wants to, and there's not enough new
    shows that interest him to justify netflix. I think I'm almost there,
    but that's partly due to my still buying dvds of things I really like
    (leaving rentals to mostly lesser shows that really I could survive not
    seeing).

    After about three months of netflix, I don't think it really goes well
    with a Tivo (making the recent deal interesting imho). I can't find
    time to watch everything Tivo records that I'd like to watch, so 3-6
    dvds arriving every week is just overkill. And forget about adding
    video game playing into the schedule :)

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Sep 11, 2004
  8. (The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole) wrote in message news:<>...
    > How many films are in your queue, and when should you admit you have
    > problem? Me, I'm at 363.

    Freak. We never go above 25 films at any one time. I gotta ask: why
    think so far in advance?

    I am Garondo Marondo and this has been my post.

    Garondo Marondo, Sep 11, 2004
  9. In article <>,
    Captain Infinity <> wrote:

    > I'm absolutely stunned. I can't even think of 45 movies I would want to
    > watch, never mind 363 or 371.

    Some people like movies. Even more than 45. Why are you in this forum I
    wonder?

    Urra Dipschitt, Sep 11, 2004
  10. The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Urra
    Dipschitt <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Captain Infinity <> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm absolutely stunned. I can't even think of 45 movies I would want to
    > > watch, never mind 363 or 371.

    > Some people like movies. Even more than 45. Why are you in this forum I
    > wonder?

    Which one? This is posted to two newsgroups.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Sep 11, 2004

    Derek Janssen, Sep 11, 2004
  12. In article <100920042313143800%>,
    Invid Fan <> wrote:

    > In article <>, Urra
    > Dipschitt <> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > Captain Infinity <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > I'm absolutely stunned. I can't even think of 45 movies I would want to
    > > > watch, never mind 363 or 371.

    > > Some people like movies. Even more than 45. Why are you in this forum I
    > > wonder?

    > Which one? This is posted to two newsgroups.

    Didn't see it. If you're reading this via "tom-servo"...apologies. :)

    Urra Dipschitt, Sep 11, 2004
  13. Invid Fan wrote:

    > After about three months of netflix, I don't think it really goes well
    > with a Tivo (making the recent deal interesting imho). I can't find
    > time to watch everything Tivo records that I'd like to watch, so 3-6
    > dvds arriving every week is just overkill. And forget about adding
    > video game playing into the schedule :)

    To emphasize the opposing point, a recent DeepDiscountDVD flyer
    advertised a TV-boxset sale with "Who Needs Tivo"?

    Which's my view:
    I rent Netflix BECAUSE there's not one single blamed show on network TV
    worth watching (oh, did I mention I'm a guy?), let alone recording for
    later--And between a current movie, some obscure cult item I found on
    their site, and an anime or TV-series disk volume, Netflix provides
    easily half a week's prime-time viewing right there, in fine digital
    quality...
    And that's *with* a local station close by enough to send the disks
    overnight.

    (I mean, come ON:
    Watching Tivo is like...y'know....watching friggin' *TV*--
    You own a DVD player, fer cryin', why're you letting somebody ELSE plan
    your viewing menus?)

    Derek Janssen (show some decent human dignity!)

    Derek Janssen, Sep 11, 2004
  14. (The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole) wrote in message news:<>...
    > How many films are in your queue, and when should you admit you have
    > problem? Me, I'm at 363.

    I am at a constant 500. My wife keeps complaining that I always have
    the queue full so she cant get anything in there! lol...

    As soon as there is a movie shipped something new is added. Actually,
    I have a little list of movies here by the computer, waiting to be put
    in queue.

    Maybe a petition for Netflix to give us bigger queue space is to
    consider?

    Keld Petersen.

    Keld Landin-Petersen, Sep 11, 2004
  15. The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole

    Nonymous Guest

    I've been hovering around the 75 mark. Plus another 40 in the 'not yet
    released' section. It's hard to get it lower since it seems I had movies
    too it at about the same rate I watch them.

    Nonymous, Sep 11, 2004
  16. The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole

    Nonymous Guest

    "Captain Infinity" <> wrote in message
    > In article <CDl0d.525460$>
    > Colon Terminus wrote:
    >
    > >"The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole" <> wrote in

    message
    > >> How many films are in your queue, and when should you admit you have
    > >> problem? Me, I'm at 363.
    > >>

    > >We have 371.
    > >
    > >As an aside ... August was a bonus month for our household, we received

    45
    > >movies from netflix; the most for any month yet.

    > I'm absolutely stunned. I can't even think of 45 movies I would want to
    > watch, never mind 363 or 371.

    You're missing a lot of good movies, then.

    Nonymous, Sep 11, 2004
  17. Eenie Meenie Chili Beanie
    Invid Fan is about to speak:

    >> > I'm absolutely stunned. I can't even think of 45 movies I would want to
    >> > watch, never mind 363 or 371.

    >> Some people like movies. Even more than 45. Why are you in this forum I
    >> wonder?

    >Which one? This is posted to two newsgroups.

    Crossposting is my anti-drug.

    **
    Captain Infinity

    Captain Infinity, Sep 11, 2004
  18. The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole

    Tarkus Guest

    On 9/10/2004 7:39:03 PM, Garondo Marondo wrote:

    > (The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole) wrote in message news:<>...
    >> How many films are in your queue, and when should you admit you have
    >> problem? Me, I'm at 363.

    > Freak. We never go above 25 films at any one time. I gotta ask: why
    > think so far in advance?

    I only have about 100 in my queue, but my reasoning is that when I hear
    or think of something I want to watch, I add it to my queue. To me that
    makes more sense than trying to think of something to watch when my queue
    starts getting low. And there's really no disadvantage to having a large
    queue, unless it's so big it takes forever to load.
    --
    "I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door.
    You're the one that has to walk through it."

    Tarkus, Sep 11, 2004
  19. "Captain Infinity" <> wrote in message
    > In article <CDl0d.525460$>
    > Colon Terminus wrote:
    >
    > >"The Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole" <> wrote in

    message
    > >> How many films are in your queue, and when should you admit you have
    > >> problem? Me, I'm at 363.
    > >>

    > >We have 371.
    > >
    > >As an aside ... August was a bonus month for our household, we received

    45
    > >movies from netflix; the most for any month yet.

    > I'm absolutely stunned. I can't even think of 45 movies I would want to
    > watch, never mind 363 or 371.
    >

    > **
    > Captain Infinity
    > ...unless they're movies starring Shauna Grant, that is.

    We live in an extremely rural area of southwestern Appalachia. There ain't
    no brodcast TV. There ain't no cable TV. There ain't no satellite TV. The
    closest movie theater is in a town (pop. 6600) 45 miles away. We had NO
    video entertainment prior to the advent of Netflix. We're hooked.

    Colon Terminus, Sep 11, 2004
  20. On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 23:17:16 -0400, (The
    Intrinsically Flawed Mr. Hole) wrote:

    >How many films are in your queue, and when should you admit you have
    >problem? Me, I'm at 363.

    I put movies on hold through our library for free. I rent a couple of
    movies a month at a store near my home, and pay $1.00 each for new
    releases.

    --
    Regards, Podkayne Fries

    "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but cement pays
    homage to tradition." - Sophia Petrillo

    Podkayne Fries, Sep 11, 2004