Your my only hope

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Piper, Mar 9, 2006.

  1. Piper

    Piper Guest

    I know alot of people here dont like newbies begging for help but like
    Princess Leah said " Help me , your my only hope"...sorry my inner star wars
    geek coming out in me.

    Anyway, i have a HP pavillion a250n with a dvd rw burner.The computer is 2
    yrs old and has always worked fine but in the last few days its gone wonky
    on me.

    I can put a cd/dvd in my dvd rw drive and all come up fine but when i put a
    blank cd in the make copies of pics i get this wonderful error "E:\is not
    accessible incorrect function"
    Now i have gone through google and read up and tried some of the solutions
    but nothing is doing.

    I dont have Nero or Roxio, i dont have a tab for recording in my Prop tab.

    Where do i go from here..

    thanks

    Piper (a girl if you were wondering :) )

    Piper, Mar 9, 2006

  2. Piper

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:22:07 -0500, "Piper" <>
    wrote:

    >I know alot of people here dont like newbies begging for help but like
    >Princess Leah said " Help me , your my only hope"...sorry my inner star wars
    >geek coming out in me.

    Oh come on, a true star wars geek (and I'm not even one) knows it's
    "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope". :)

    > Anyway, i have a HP pavillion a250n with a dvd rw burner.The computer is 2
    >yrs old and has always worked fine but in the last few days its gone wonky
    >on me.
    >
    >I can put a cd/dvd in my dvd rw drive and all come up fine but when i put a
    >blank cd in the make copies of pics i get this wonderful error "E:\is not
    >accessible incorrect function"
    >Now i have gone through google and read up and tried some of the solutions
    >but nothing is doing.
    >
    >I dont have Nero or Roxio, i dont have a tab for recording in my Prop tab.

    Install Nero.

    Evan Platt, Mar 9, 2006

  3. Piper

    Piper Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:22:07 -0500, "Piper" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I know alot of people here dont like newbies begging for help but like
    > >Princess Leah said " Help me , your my only hope"...sorry my inner star

    wars
    > >geek coming out in me.

    > Oh come on, a true star wars geek (and I'm not even one) knows it's
    > "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope". :)
    >
    > > Anyway, i have a HP pavillion a250n with a dvd rw burner.The computer

    is 2
    > >yrs old and has always worked fine but in the last few days its gone

    wonky
    > >on me.
    > >
    > >I can put a cd/dvd in my dvd rw drive and all come up fine but when i put

    > >blank cd in the make copies of pics i get this wonderful error "E:\is not
    > >accessible incorrect function"
    > >Now i have gone through google and read up and tried some of the

    solutions
    > >but nothing is doing.
    > >
    > >I dont have Nero or Roxio, i dont have a tab for recording in my Prop

    tab.

    > Install Nero.

    I thought of putting in Obi-Wan but I didnt know if anyone here was named
    Obi-Wan or not ...heheh

    So, how will installing Nero help?

    Piper

    Piper, Mar 9, 2006
  4. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Thu,
    9 Mar 2006 16:22:07 -0500, "Piper" <> screamed
    from behind the mulberry bush:

    >I know alot of people here dont like newbies begging for help but like
    >Princess Leah said " Help me , your my only hope"...sorry my inner star wars
    >geek coming out in me.
    >
    > Anyway, i have a HP pavillion a250n with a dvd rw burner.The computer is 2
    >yrs old and has always worked fine but in the last few days its gone wonky
    >on me.
    >
    >I can put a cd/dvd in my dvd rw drive and all come up fine but when i put a
    >blank cd in the make copies of pics i get this wonderful error "E:\is not
    >accessible incorrect function"
    >Now i have gone through google and read up and tried some of the solutions
    >but nothing is doing.
    >
    >I dont have Nero or Roxio, i dont have a tab for recording in my Prop tab.
    >
    >Where do i go from here..
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >Piper (a girl if you were wondering :) )

    Buy a new DVD burner, the old one has gone bad.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Mar 9, 2006
  5. Piper

    Tony Guest

    "Piper" <> wrote in message
    >I know alot of people here dont like newbies begging for help but like
    > Princess Leah said " Help me , your my only hope"...sorry my inner star
    > wars
    > geek coming out in me.
    >
    > Anyway, i have a HP pavillion a250n with a dvd rw burner.The computer is
    > 2
    > yrs old and has always worked fine but in the last few days its gone wonky
    > on me.
    >
    > I can put a cd/dvd in my dvd rw drive and all come up fine but when i put
    > blank cd in the make copies of pics i get this wonderful error "E:\is not
    > accessible incorrect function"
    > Now i have gone through google and read up and tried some of the solutions
    > but nothing is doing.
    >
    > I dont have Nero or Roxio, i dont have a tab for recording in my Prop tab.
    >
    > Where do i go from here..
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Piper (a girl if you were wondering :) )

    I agree with the Doc. Either you burner has gone bad or you have a duff
    batch of writeable CD's.

    Tony, Mar 9, 2006
  6. Today Evan Platt commented courteously on the subject at hand

    > On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:22:07 -0500, "Piper"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I know alot of people here dont like newbies begging for
    >>help but like Princess Leah said " Help me , your my only
    >>hope"...sorry my inner star wars geek coming out in me.

    > Oh come on, a true star wars geek (and I'm not even one)
    > knows it's "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope".
    > :)

    yes, and the apostrophe is important in "you're". <grin>

    --
    ATM, aka Jerry

    "Whether You Think You CAN Or CAN'T, You're Right." – Henry Ford

    All Things Mopar, Mar 9, 2006
  7. All Things Mopar wrote:

    > Today Evan Platt commented courteously on the subject at hand
    >

    >>On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:22:07 -0500, "Piper"
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I know alot of people here dont like newbies begging for
    >>>help but like Princess Leah said " Help me , your my only
    >>>hope"...sorry my inner star wars geek coming out in me.

    >>Oh come on, a true star wars geek (and I'm not even one)
    >>knows it's "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope".
    >>:)

    > yes, and the apostrophe is important in "you're". <grin>

    Did you say you`re or you're ?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 9, 2006
  8. Piper

    Trax Guest

    "Piper" <> wrote:

    |>I know alot of people here dont like newbies begging for help but like
    |>Princess Leah said " Help me , your my only hope"...sorry my inner star wars
    |>geek coming out in me.
    |>
    |> Anyway, i have a HP pavillion a250n with a dvd rw burner.The computer is 2
    |>yrs old and has always worked fine but in the last few days its gone wonky
    |>on me.
    |>
    |>I can put a cd/dvd in my dvd rw drive and all come up fine but when i put a
    |>blank cd in the make copies of pics i get this wonderful error "E:\is not
    |>accessible incorrect function"
    |>Now i have gone through google and read up and tried some of the solutions
    |>but nothing is doing.
    |>
    |>I dont have Nero or Roxio, i dont have a tab for recording in my Prop tab.
    |>
    |>Where do i go from here..
    |>
    |>thanks
    |>
    |>Piper (a girl if you were wondering :) )

    If all other advice doesn't work try this:

    Right click CD icon in explorer - Properties - Autoplay
    Select "blank CD" from the drop down and select an option IE:Take no
    action.

    Or hold down the shift key when inserting the blank CD (it disables
    autorun)

    --
    One for the kids, "Squeak is a modern, open source, highly portable,
    fast and full-featured implementation of the powerful Smalltalk programming

    Trax, Mar 9, 2006
  9. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:22:07 -0500, "Piper" <>
    wrote:

    >I know alot of people here dont like newbies begging for help but like
    >Princess Leah said " Help me , your my only hope"...sorry my inner star wars
    >geek coming out in me.
    >
    > Anyway, i have a HP pavillion a250n with a dvd rw burner.The computer is 2
    >yrs old and has always worked fine but in the last few days its gone wonky
    >on me.
    >
    >I can put a cd/dvd in my dvd rw drive and all come up fine but when i put a
    >blank cd in the make copies of pics i get this wonderful error "E:\is not
    >accessible incorrect function"
    >Now i have gone through google and read up and tried some of the solutions
    >but nothing is doing.
    >
    >I dont have Nero or Roxio, i dont have a tab for recording in my Prop tab.
    >
    >Where do i go from here..
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >Piper (a girl if you were wondering :) )

    Make sure you do not have starforce installed on your comp. Right
    click my computer, properties, hardware, device manager. Under view
    tick show hidden devices. Install any new games recently?

    unluckylanding, Mar 10, 2006
  10. Piper

    Piper Guest

    "Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor" <> wrote in message
    > I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Thu,
    > 9 Mar 2006 16:22:07 -0500, "Piper" <> screamed
    > from behind the mulberry bush:
    >
    > >I know alot of people here dont like newbies begging for help but like
    > >Princess Leah said " Help me , your my only hope"...sorry my inner star

    wars
    > >geek coming out in me.
    > >
    > > Anyway, i have a HP pavillion a250n with a dvd rw burner.The computer

    is 2
    > >yrs old and has always worked fine but in the last few days its gone

    wonky
    > >on me.
    > >
    > >I can put a cd/dvd in my dvd rw drive and all come up fine but when i put

    > >blank cd in the make copies of pics i get this wonderful error "E:\is not
    > >accessible incorrect function"
    > >Now i have gone through google and read up and tried some of the

    solutions
    > >but nothing is doing.
    > >
    > >I dont have Nero or Roxio, i dont have a tab for recording in my Prop

    tab.

    > >Where do i go from here..
    > >
    > >thanks
    > >
    > >Piper (a girl if you were wondering :) )
    > >

    > Buy a new DVD burner, the old one has gone bad.

    The weird thing is i can STILL burn but just not open thewindow and drag and
    drop.I burn photos through RECORD NOW, music throught WMP and dvds through
    DVD DECRYPTER and i have been using all of these for over a year now.

    thanks
    piper

    Piper, Mar 10, 2006
  11. Piper

    Piper Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message

    > "Piper" <> wrote in message
    > >I know alot of people here dont like newbies begging for help but like
    > > Princess Leah said " Help me , your my only hope"...sorry my inner star
    > > wars
    > > geek coming out in me.
    > >
    > > Anyway, i have a HP pavillion a250n with a dvd rw burner.The computer

    is
    > > 2
    > > yrs old and has always worked fine but in the last few days its gone

    wonky
    > > on me.
    > >
    > > I can put a cd/dvd in my dvd rw drive and all come up fine but when i

    put
    > > blank cd in the make copies of pics i get this wonderful error "E:\is

    not
    > > accessible incorrect function"
    > > Now i have gone through google and read up and tried some of the

    solutions
    > > but nothing is doing.
    > >
    > > I dont have Nero or Roxio, i dont have a tab for recording in my Prop

    tab.

    > > Where do i go from here..
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > Piper (a girl if you were wondering :) )
    > >

    > I agree with the Doc. Either you burner has gone bad or you have a duff
    > batch of writeable CD's.
    >
    > The thing is i can still burn through other programs just not by opening a

    window and drag and drop.

    piper

    Piper, Mar 10, 2006
  12. Piper

    Piper Guest

    "unluckylanding" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:22:07 -0500, "Piper" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I know alot of people here dont like newbies begging for help but like
    > >Princess Leah said " Help me , your my only hope"...sorry my inner star

    wars
    > >geek coming out in me.
    > >
    > > Anyway, i have a HP pavillion a250n with a dvd rw burner.The computer

    is 2
    > >yrs old and has always worked fine but in the last few days its gone

    wonky
    > >on me.
    > >
    > >I can put a cd/dvd in my dvd rw drive and all come up fine but when i put

    > >blank cd in the make copies of pics i get this wonderful error "E:\is not
    > >accessible incorrect function"
    > >Now i have gone through google and read up and tried some of the

    solutions
    > >but nothing is doing.
    > >
    > >I dont have Nero or Roxio, i dont have a tab for recording in my Prop

    tab.

    > >Where do i go from here..
    > >
    > >thanks
    > >
    > >Piper (a girl if you were wondering :) )
    > >

    > Make sure you do not have starforce installed on your comp. Right
    > click my computer, properties, hardware, device manager. Under view
    > tick show hidden devices. Install any new games recently?

    Thanks for the suggestion but i didnt find anything called 'starforce' No, i
    have installed any games but i was planning on putting the new sims in .

    piper

    Piper, Mar 10, 2006
  13. Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:22:07 -0500, "Piper" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I know alot of people here dont like newbies begging for help but like
    >>Princess Leah said " Help me , your my only hope"...sorry my inner star
    >>wars geek coming out in me.

    > Oh come on, a true star wars geek (and I'm not even one) knows it's "Help
    > me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope". :)

    Yes, even she knew the difference between "your" and "you're". :)

    And how to spell her name (Leia), for that matter. :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 10, 2006
  14. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 22:43:08 -0500, "Piper" <>
    wrote:

    >"unluckylanding" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:22:07 -0500, "Piper" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I know alot of people here dont like newbies begging for help but like
    >> >Princess Leah said " Help me , your my only hope"...sorry my inner star

    >wars
    >> >geek coming out in me.
    >> >
    >> > Anyway, i have a HP pavillion a250n with a dvd rw burner.The computer

    >is 2
    >> >yrs old and has always worked fine but in the last few days its gone

    >wonky
    >> >on me.
    >> >
    >> >I can put a cd/dvd in my dvd rw drive and all come up fine but when i put

    >> >blank cd in the make copies of pics i get this wonderful error "E:\is not
    >> >accessible incorrect function"
    >> >Now i have gone through google and read up and tried some of the

    >solutions
    >> >but nothing is doing.
    >> >
    >> >I dont have Nero or Roxio, i dont have a tab for recording in my Prop

    >tab.
    >> >
    >> >Where do i go from here..
    >> >
    >> >thanks
    >> >
    >> >Piper (a girl if you were wondering :) )
    >> >

    >> Make sure you do not have starforce installed on your comp. Right
    >> click my computer, properties, hardware, device manager. Under view
    >> tick show hidden devices. Install any new games recently?

    >Thanks for the suggestion but i didnt find anything called 'starforce' No, i
    >have installed any games but i was planning on putting the new sims in .
    >
    >piper

    The only other suggestion is to delete the problem drive in the device
    manager and restart. Or like the others have said, it could be your
    drives bit the dust.

    unluckylanding, Mar 10, 2006
  15. Piper

    Piper Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >
    > > On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:22:07 -0500, "Piper" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>I know alot of people here dont like newbies begging for help but like
    > >>Princess Leah said " Help me , your my only hope"...sorry my inner star
    > >>wars geek coming out in me.

    > > Oh come on, a true star wars geek (and I'm not even one) knows it's

    "Help
    > > me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope". :)

    > Yes, even she knew the difference between "your" and "you're". :)
    >
    > And how to spell her name (Leia), for that matter. :)

    Oh no! Don't tell my husband that i didn't spell her name right , he might
    disown me! lol.

    piper

    Piper, Mar 10, 2006
  16. Piper

    Piper Guest

    "Piper" <> wrote in message

    > "unluckylanding" <> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:22:07 -0500, "Piper" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >I know alot of people here dont like newbies begging for help but like
    > > >Princess Leah said " Help me , your my only hope"...sorry my inner star

    > wars
    > > >geek coming out in me.
    > > >
    > > > Anyway, i have a HP pavillion a250n with a dvd rw burner.The computer

    > is 2
    > > >yrs old and has always worked fine but in the last few days its gone

    > wonky
    > > >on me.
    > > >
    > > >I can put a cd/dvd in my dvd rw drive and all come up fine but when i

    put
    > > >blank cd in the make copies of pics i get this wonderful error "E:\is

    not
    > > >accessible incorrect function"
    > > >Now i have gone through google and read up and tried some of the

    > solutions
    > > >but nothing is doing.
    > > >
    > > >I dont have Nero or Roxio, i dont have a tab for recording in my Prop

    > tab.
    > > >
    > > >Where do i go from here..
    > > >
    > > >thanks
    > > >
    > > >Piper (a girl if you were wondering :) )
    > > >

    > > Make sure you do not have starforce installed on your comp. Right
    > > click my computer, properties, hardware, device manager. Under view
    > > tick show hidden devices. Install any new games recently?

    > Thanks for the suggestion but i didnt find anything called 'starforce' No,

    > have installed any games but i was planning on putting the new sims in .
    >
    > piper
    >
    > Damn I need to wake up..it should read 'have NOT' installed any games.

    piper

    Piper, Mar 10, 2006
  17. Piper wrote:
    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Evan Platt wrote:

    >>>Oh come on, a true star wars geek (and I'm not even one) knows it's

    > "Help
    >
    >>>me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope". :)

    >>Yes, even she knew the difference between "your" and "you're". :)
    >>
    >>And how to spell her name (Leia), for that matter. :)
    >>

    > Oh no! Don't tell my husband that i didn't spell her name right , he might
    > disown me! lol.
    >
    > piper

    OMG, I'm getting flashes on Jennifer Aniston.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 10, 2006
  18. Piper

    Guest

    等于没说,heheh

    , Mar 10, 2006
  19. Piper

    Bill Guest

    On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:22:07 -0500, Piper wrote:

    > I know alot of people here dont like newbies begging for help but like
    > Princess Leah said " Help me , your my only hope"...sorry my inner star wars
    > geek coming out in me.
    >
    > Anyway, i have a HP pavillion a250n with a dvd rw burner.The computer is 2
    > yrs old and has always worked fine but in the last few days its gone wonky
    > on me.
    >
    > I can put a cd/dvd in my dvd rw drive and all come up fine but when i put a
    > blank cd in the make copies of pics i get this wonderful error "E:\is not
    > accessible incorrect function"
    > Now i have gone through google and read up and tried some of the solutions
    > but nothing is doing.
    >
    > I dont have Nero or Roxio, i dont have a tab for recording in my Prop tab.
    >
    > Where do i go from here..
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Piper (a girl if you were wondering :) )

    The force is not strong with you, young Piper.

    From windows explorer: right click E:, go to properties > recording tab.
    Make sure "Enable CD recording on this drive" is ticked.

    Bill

    Bill, Mar 10, 2006
  20. Piper

    Bill Guest

    On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:30:50 GMT, Bill wrote:

    > On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:22:07 -0500, Piper wrote:
    >
    >> I know alot of people here dont like newbies begging for help but like
    >> Princess Leah said " Help me , your my only hope"...sorry my inner star wars
    >> geek coming out in me.
    >>
    >> Anyway, i have a HP pavillion a250n with a dvd rw burner.The computer is 2
    >> yrs old and has always worked fine but in the last few days its gone wonky
    >> on me.
    >>
    >> I can put a cd/dvd in my dvd rw drive and all come up fine but when i put a
    >> blank cd in the make copies of pics i get this wonderful error "E:\is not
    >> accessible incorrect function"
    >> Now i have gone through google and read up and tried some of the solutions
    >> but nothing is doing.
    >>
    >> I dont have Nero or Roxio, i dont have a tab for recording in my Prop tab.
    >>
    >> Where do i go from here..
    >>
    >> thanks
    >>
    >> Piper (a girl if you were wondering :) )

    > The force is not strong with you, young Piper.
    >
    > From windows explorer: right click E:, go to properties > recording tab.
    > Make sure "Enable CD recording on this drive" is ticked.
    >
    > Bill

    Opps, just saw this: "i dont have a tab for recording in my Prop tab."

    Sorry

    Bill, Mar 10, 2006