Your laugh of the day

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Rich, Jul 27, 2009.

  1. Rich

    Rich Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Rich

    Alienjones Guest

    Rich wrote:
    > "Take on" DSLRs?
    >
    > http://www.amateurphotographer.co.u...Digital_III_to_take_on_DSLRs_news_286784.html


    Ricoh have yet to make a decent 35mm camera. If they hadn't
    figured out after 20 years, how to make a decent camera, What
    makes anyone thing they are going to do it with digital stuff?

    The crap spewing from Kazunobu Saiki's mouth is a duplicate of
    when they tried to pull the wool over everyone's eyes on the
    introduction of piece of plastic crap ...Ricoh's memorable P&S
    that PJ's were supposed to use all over the world instead of
    Nikon SLRs ROTFL at that one!.

    It sported a "Carl Zeiss T* lens in their junkie little P&S
    camera that had a 15% warranty claim rate in the early '80's.
    Back in those days Zeiss still had a respected name from the
    lenses on 'blad's.

    This piece of crap certainly changed that perception and made
    everyone take not of "Zeiss" as opposed to "Carl Zeiss" when
    considering lens quality. Somehow I get the feeling these Japs
    are so full of their own bullshit, they thing their lies will
    go un-noticed.
    Alienjones, Jul 27, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Rich

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:05:12 +1000, Alienjones <> wrote:

    >This piece of crap certainly changed that perception and made
    >everyone take not of "Zeiss" as opposed to "Carl Zeiss" when
    >considering lens quality. Somehow I get the feeling these Japs
    >are so full of their own bullshit, they thing their lies will
    >go un-noticed.


    Now what? What *is* the difference between "Zeiss" and "Carl Zeiss"?

    You aren't thinking of "Carl Zeiss aus Jena" or "Zeiss aus Jena", are
    you?

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jul 27, 2009
    #3
  4. Rich

    Alienjones Guest

    tony cooper wrote:
    > On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:05:12 +1000, Alienjones <> wrote:
    >
    >> This piece of crap certainly changed that perception and made
    >> everyone take not of "Zeiss" as opposed to "Carl Zeiss" when
    >> considering lens quality. Somehow I get the feeling these Japs
    >> are so full of their own bullshit, they thing their lies will
    >> go un-noticed.

    >
    > Now what? What *is* the difference between "Zeiss" and "Carl Zeiss"?
    >
    > You aren't thinking of "Carl Zeiss aus Jena" or "Zeiss aus Jena", are
    > you?
    >


    Well now Tony... If you by now don't know the difference
    between a "Carl Zeiss" lens and a genuine article "Zeiss" lens
    ....maybe it's time you looked at a "seagull" as your next
    camera. You'll never know what famous maker the Chinese copied
    to produce it.

    I'll give you a hint. *BERLIN WALL... RUSSIA*

    Carl Zeiss lenses are made under license and can be anything
    from a clear plastic button having a coating made from a
    formula used to coat "T*" coating to a nearly decent knock off
    of a real Zeiss lens.
    Alienjones, Jul 27, 2009
    #4
  5. Rich

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 07:14:44 +1000, Alienjones <> wrote:

    >tony cooper wrote:
    >> On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:05:12 +1000, Alienjones <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> This piece of crap certainly changed that perception and made
    >>> everyone take not of "Zeiss" as opposed to "Carl Zeiss" when
    >>> considering lens quality. Somehow I get the feeling these Japs
    >>> are so full of their own bullshit, they thing their lies will
    >>> go un-noticed.

    >>
    >> Now what? What *is* the difference between "Zeiss" and "Carl Zeiss"?
    >>
    >> You aren't thinking of "Carl Zeiss aus Jena" or "Zeiss aus Jena", are
    >> you?
    >>

    >
    >Well now Tony... If you by now don't know the difference
    >between a "Carl Zeiss" lens and a genuine article "Zeiss" lens
    >...maybe it's time you looked at a "seagull" as your next
    >camera. You'll never know what famous maker the Chinese copied
    >to produce it.


    I was a dealer for Carl Zeiss for 20-some years. I've toured their
    facilities in Oberkochen and other cities in Germany. Zeiss's
    facilities were originally in Jena. When the Americans "liberated"
    Jena, many of the employees and files were relocated to Oberkochen.
    Some remained in Jena - which was in what was to be the Russian sector
    - and "Zeiss aus Jena" continued to manufacture products. They were
    not allowed to use the Zeiss name in some parts of the world;
    specifically the US.

    I chatted with several Zeiss employees who had been transported from
    Jena to Oberkochen. The US Army had intended to set up Zeiss in
    Stuttgart, but the convoy ran out of gasoline in Oberkochen, and there
    was a large school building available there.

    One employee I talked to was a German-born American who was in the US
    Army and served as a translator in the operation. He ended up working
    for Zeiss. The US Army was hurriedly loading the trucks with
    personnel, files, and other essential things, but few of the soldiers
    spoke German. Few of the Germans spoke English. (Not like today)
    Some janitors and ordinary laborers managed to get on the trucks by
    saying "I am a scientist". Some of the real scientists never made it
    on a truck because they didn't look - to the GIs - like scientists.





    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jul 28, 2009
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. -->AL

    Here a good laugh on Novell --> NT

    -->AL, Mar 29, 2005, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    428
    Phillip Windell
    Mar 29, 2005
  2. J Rusnak
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    518
    J Rusnak
    Mar 5, 2006
  3. Collector»NZ

    Nice Day-Slow Day

    Collector»NZ, Apr 4, 2005, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    346
    Collector»NZ
    Apr 4, 2005
  4. Howard1309
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    310
    Waylon Kenning
    Mar 18, 2006
  5. Lodi

    Anyone using KDE 4.3 day to day?

    Lodi, Sep 30, 2009, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    17
    Views:
    868
    Sailor Sam
    Oct 5, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page