    Bill

    To sleep- perchance to dream of puppies.

    -- WT Hanna ---
    Bill Hanna, Jul 21, 2006

  2. Bill Hanna

    Plato Guest

    Bill Hanna wrote:

    > I googled for DVD copy software and got confused over all the choices..
    > So I thought I woul just ask the pros here which to pick.
    >
    > I want to make backup DVDs of all my movies but when I try to copy some
    > of them (using Nero 6) they say they are protected and will not copy.

    Then ask the Author of the movies what program they recommend to copy
    their work.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jul 21, 2006

  3. Bill Hanna

    Kenny Guest

    CloneDVD coupled with AnyDVD.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    "Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

    Kenny, Jul 21, 2006
  4. Bill Hanna

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 02:52:47 -0500, Bill Hanna wrote:

    > I googled for DVD copy software and got confused over all the choices.. So
    > I thought I woul just ask the pros here which to pick.
    >
    > I want to make backup DVDs of all my movies but when I try to copy some of
    > them (using Nero 6) they say they are protected and will not copy.
    >
    > Thus my query.... WHat program do you recommend for this. I know I can
    > rip, etc, but there seem to be many easier ways. Which is best? --
    > Bill
    >
    > To sleep- perchance to dream of puppies.
    >
    > -- WT Hanna ---

    I use DVDDecrypter to rip and remove copy protection and Clone DVD-2 to
    remaster/shrink dual layer into a DVD-5 disc.

    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jul 21, 2006
  5. Bill Hanna

    Fred Guest

    Bill Hanna wrote:
    > I googled for DVD copy software and got confused over all the
    > choices.. So I thought I woul just ask the pros here which to pick.
    >
    > I want to make backup DVDs of all my movies but when I try to copy
    > some of them (using Nero 6) they say they are protected and will not
    > copy.
    >
    > Thus my query.... WHat program do you recommend for this. I know I can
    > rip, etc, but there seem to be many easier ways. Which is best?

    DvD Shrink is pretty ggood at that.
    http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/
    Fred, Jul 21, 2006
  6. Bill Hanna

    Bill Hanna Guest

    On 21 Jul 2006 04:29:02 -0500, While running hot, Plato <|@|.|> posted:
    ..
    >Bill Hanna wrote:
    >>
    >> I googled for DVD copy software and got confused over all the choices..
    >> So I thought I woul just ask the pros here which to pick.
    >>
    >> I want to make backup DVDs of all my movies but when I try to copy some
    >> of them (using Nero 6) they say they are protected and will not copy.

    >Then ask the Author of the movies what program they recommend to copy
    >their work.

    Bite me

    Bill Hanna, Jul 21, 2006
  7. Bill Hanna

    Bill Hanna Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 02:52:47 -0500, While running hot, Bill Hanna
    <> posted:
    ..
    >I googled for DVD copy software and got confused over all the choices..
    >So I thought I woul just ask the pros here which to pick.
    >
    >I want to make backup DVDs of all my movies but when I try to copy some
    >of them (using Nero 6) they say they are protected and will not copy.
    >
    >Thus my query.... WHat program do you recommend for this. I know I can
    >rip, etc, but there seem to be many easier ways. Which is best?

    I was thinking about DVD Cloner II. It's ratings are good. Anyone tried
    it?

    Bill Hanna, Jul 21, 2006
  8. Bill Hanna

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-21, Bill Hanna <> wrote:
    > On 21 Jul 2006 04:29:02 -0500, While running hot, Plato <|@|.|> posted:
    > .
    >>Bill Hanna wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I googled for DVD copy software and got confused over all the choices..
    >>> So I thought I woul just ask the pros here which to pick.
    >>>
    >>> I want to make backup DVDs of all my movies but when I try to copy some
    >>> of them (using Nero 6) they say they are protected and will not copy.

    >>Then ask the Author of the movies what program they recommend to copy
    >>their work.

    > Bite me

    LOL! Good one Bill :)

    Try:
    http://www.doom9.org/ and read it thoroughly.

    But be careful, Bill- There are legal issues so make sure you do it
    right.

    --
    In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence
    with words in the proper order then why can't he?
    Jimchip, Jul 21, 2006
  9. Bill Hanna

    L83R Guest

    "Bill Hanna" wrote...
    > I googled for DVD copy software and got confused over all the choices..
    > So I thought I woul just ask the pros here which to pick.
    >
    > I want to make backup DVDs of all my movies but when I try to copy some
    > of them (using Nero 6) they say they are protected and will not copy.
    >
    > Thus my query.... WHat program do you recommend for this. I know I can
    > rip, etc, but there seem to be many easier ways. Which is best?

    With some of the new encryptions, such as Sony is using, the best
    way to do ANY movie -- decrypt with AnyDVD and shrink using
    DVD Shrink. You need nothing else.
    L83R, Jul 21, 2006
  10. Bill Hanna

    sbb78247 Guest

    Bill Hanna wrote:
    > I googled for DVD copy software and got confused over all the
    > choices.. So I thought I woul just ask the pros here which to pick.
    >
    > I want to make backup DVDs of all my movies but when I try to copy
    > some of them (using Nero 6) they say they are protected and will not
    > copy.
    >
    > Thus my query.... WHat program do you recommend for this. I know I can
    > rip, etc, but there seem to be many easier ways. Which is best?

    DVD Fab Platinum - updates regularly to get around that nasty copy
    protection stuff
    sbb78247, Jul 21, 2006
  11. Dvd Santa..............effective and simple.......i use it regularly.....gee
    ms rawlings will be pleased.

    Harold potter esq, Jul 21, 2006
  12. Bill Hanna

    Ockerr Guest

    No Bill
    It wont always work that way.

    Use
    DVDFab Decrypter
    then Shrink the Files with Shrink

    Then use Nero to copy all the Files to the DVD

    Usually 100% working DVD

    Formats like Minus and Plus may vary try either till your happy
    I like the Mins, But some Players prefer the Plus.
    Ockerr, Jul 21, 2006
  13. Bill Hanna

    Ockerr Guest

    Forgot to mention

    Its a good Idea to have DVD43 or ANYDVD, running in the background
    Ockerr, Jul 21, 2006
  14. Bill Hanna

    Bill Hanna Guest

    the pic. And it was sure good to see you. Seems like I do not get to
    seee ypu ver oftenany more.

    So.... I am thinking that perhaps sometime when it fits in you schedule,
    just you and I could go to a movie or something.

    Sally doesn't really like to go so she could watch Milo while we go out!

    PS.... And I promise to not even get in your case about anything.
    (Especially about your wanting to move to the big city) :))

    See ya tonight

    luvurdad
    --
    Bill

    If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in
    your pocket and then give her only two.
    - Phil Pastoret -
    Bill Hanna, Aug 17, 2006