    If anything ever broke my heart it was this.
    Someone please tell me how to get my computer back.

    Chris Mohr

    Seamor, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Seamor

    philo Guest

    "Seamor" <> wrote in message
    news:01c351f9$4872de60$bb5d2640@default...
    > I would like to enlist the aid of all you Windows experts out there.
    > I have a PowerSpec 7806 computer, running Windows Millenium Edition.
    > The other day I turned my machine on and it seemed to boot up all right,
    > but no icons appeared on my desktop. To make a long story shorter, I
    > finally thought maybe I would have to reinstall my system, which I have
    > done successfully before. This time however, my system disks were not

    even

    you can get a new bootdisk from www.bootdisk.com

    philo, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Seamor

    °Mike° Guest

    How to Start the System Restore Tool From a Command Prompt
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;279736

    Description of the System Restore Utility in Windows Millennium Edition
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;267951

    Troubleshooting System Restore in Windows Millennium Edition
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;306768

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:36:27 -0000, in
    <01c351f9$4872de60$bb5d2640@default>
    Seamor scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 24, 2003
  4. "Seamor" <> wrote in message
    > I would like to enlist the aid of all you Windows experts out there.
    > I have a PowerSpec 7806 computer, running Windows Millenium Edition.
    > The other day I turned my machine on and it seemed to boot up all right,
    > but no icons appeared on my desktop. To make a long story shorter, I
    > finally thought maybe I would have to reinstall my system, which I have
    > done successfully before. This time however, my system disks were not

    even
    > recognized. I utilized my little floppy startup disk that I had made and
    > it said certain files were either corrupted or missing.
    > If anything ever broke my heart it was this.
    > Someone please tell me how to get my computer back.

    I killfile anyone who boots up their computer and then displays no icons.

    Brenadier Jehosephat, Jul 24, 2003
  5. Seamor

    Seamor Guest

    I want to sincerely thank everyone who was serious in trying to help me
    with this problem. I tried using the startup floppy that you are
    encouraged to make and was returned the following information:

    THE FOLLOWING FILE IS MISSING OR CORRUPTED: "FLASHPT.SYS"
    THERE IS AN ERROR IN YOUR "CONFIG.SYS" FILE ON LINE 12.

    THE FOLLOWING FILE IS MISSING OR CORRUPTED: "ASPI18DOS.SYS"
    THERE IS AN ERROR IN YOUR "CONFIG.SYS FILE ON LINE 15.

    THE FOLLOWING FILE IS MISSING OR CORRUPTED: "ASPI8U2.SYS"
    THERE IS AN ERROR IN YOUR "CONFIG.SYS FILE" ON LINE 17.

    PREPARING TO START YOUR COMPUTER. THIS MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES.
    PLEASE WAIT . . .

    DATA ERROR READING DRIVE "A"
    ABORT, RETRY, IGNORE, FAIL?__

    Please feel free to contact me directly.

    I want to thank everyone again.

    Chris Mohr

    Seamor <> wrote in article

    Seamor, Jul 25, 2003
  6. Seamor

    Seamor Guest

    If nothing will show up on the computer, how the heck can I utilize System
    Restore?

    °Mike° <> wrote in article
    <>...

    Seamor, Jul 25, 2003
  7. Seamor

    °Mike° Guest

    You said your system was booting alright. Read the links
    carefully.

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:36:13 -0000, in
    <01c352be$7f374ba0$e95e2640@default>
    Seamor scrawled: