Your Certification Has Expired

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Mark Hatfield, Mar 25, 2006.

  1. How does Microsoft determine when certifications expire?

    Mark
    Mark Hatfield, Mar 25, 2006

  2. Mark Hatfield

    Lasher Guest

    "Mark Hatfield" <@> wrote in news:#:

    > How does Microsoft determine when certifications expire?
    >
    > Mark

    Lets see...Would you put on your resume that you were DOS v4.0 certified?

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010
    Lasher, Mar 25, 2006

  3. Mark Hatfield

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Mark Hatfield" <@> say in news:#W1WFBFUGHA.4952
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > How does Microsoft determine when certifications expire?
    >
    > Mark

    It doesn't (now). If you have recieved you MCSE on at least NT 4.0 then
    you can continue to call yourself MCSE for as long as you like, but your
    transcript will show the versioning at teh NT 4 level. Likewise the MCSE
    on 2000 and 2003 will show if you have upgraded to those certs. If you
    recieved your MCSE on NT 3.5x or earlier and never upgraded, your cert
    may have expired (in the late 90's)

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - I came real close to seeing Elvis once, but my shovel broke.
    Neil, Mar 25, 2006
  4. Mark Hatfield

    Grep Guest

    Who doesn't?!?

    Grep, Mar 26, 2006
  5. > Lets see...Would you put on your resume that you were DOS v4.0 certified?

    Yes. Chicks dig guys who know their way around a command line.

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    The Rev [MCT], Mar 26, 2006
  6. Mark Hatfield

    CBIC Guest

    > Lets see...Would you put on your resume that you were DOS v4.0
    > certified?

    *note to self*
    Update resume
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38
    CBIC, Mar 26, 2006
  7. Mark Hatfield

    LRM Guest

    All gawked in amazement when: The Rev [MCT] assaulted us with:
    >> Lets see...Would you put on your resume that you were DOS v4.0
    >> certified?

    > Yes. Chicks dig guys who know their way around a command line.

    True .dat
    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, Mar 26, 2006
  8. Mark Hatfield

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "LRM" <> say in news:Ofrmx#PUGHA.1728
    @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

    > All gawked in amazement when: The Rev [MCT] assaulted us with:
    >>> Lets see...Would you put on your resume that you were DOS v4.0
    >>> certified?

    >> Yes. Chicks dig guys who know their way around a command line.

    > True .dat

    but which CLI primpt to use, ">", "#" or "$"

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - 'Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!' - French Knight
    Neil, Mar 26, 2006
  9. Mark Hatfield

    LRM Guest

    All gawked in amazement when: Neil assaulted us with:
    > did you hear "LRM" <> say in
    > news:Ofrmx#PUGHA.1728 @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> All gawked in amazement when: The Rev [MCT] assaulted us with:
    >>>
    >>> Yes. Chicks dig guys who know their way around a command line.

    >> True .dat

    > but which CLI primpt to use, ">", "#" or "$"

    I have a fondness for "#"

    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, Mar 26, 2006
  10. Mark Hatfield

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "LRM" <> say in news:#RRyJqQUGHA.1160
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > I have a fondness for "#"

    So when you're not "#"ing on someone, would you be up for a quick "!"?
    Please stop "$"ing me along...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Confucius say: Deaf husband and blind wife make happy couple
    Neil, Mar 27, 2006
  11. "CBIC" <> wrote in message
    >> Lets see...Would you put on your resume that you were DOS v4.0
    >> certified?

    > *note to self*
    > Update resume

    *notes to self*
    use drinking and drugs to erase all memories of novell, dos, and token ring
    network topology experience
    uninstall dbase III and ti-99/4a emulator (hunt the wumpus no more)
    format the 10 MB MFM and RLL drives except the ones with the pr0n dl'd from
    compuserve
    erase all files on neil
    set computer on fire
    kill self
    become reborn
    search for krishna
    learn kung fu
    pick nose
    build a fort
    worship the great chicken
    collect embryos for science experiment
    plant a tree
    go to wendy's for a 99 cent chili
    write a great american novel about writing the great american novel
    poop, wipe, flush
    lather, rinse, repeat
    become jehovah's witness
    stop calling people carl
    sell soul to satan
    figure out how to get free government cheese
    draw lots of triangles
    admire the underarms of the komodo dragon
    learn to play the piano one handed
    drink more milk
    plant another tree
    plant ten more trees
    plant ten thousand more trees
    stop planting trees after that
    embark on life of crime
    wander aimlessly for three minutes and twelve seconds
    get a playstation 2 and get 100% complete on grand theft auto: san andreas
    win a nobel prize for curing cancer with ultrasonic vibrations, gene
    therapy, and growth hormones
    protect sphincter
    eat more yams this thanksgiving
    send a threatening letter to the president of iceland
    vote against anything useful or beneficial in the next election
    try not to stub my toe on the doorknob
    say supportive, nurturing things to the kitty
    remember that nothing really matters
    stop writing notes to self
    click send
    Moderator [MVP] [Meaty Variable Parser] [7.13.86.4, Mar 27, 2006
  12. Mark Hatfield

    Consultant Guest

    when they damn well feel like it

    Consultant, Mar 27, 2006
  13. Mark Hatfield

    Consultant Guest

    net use * \\server\lrm # # # # # # # # # #

    Consultant, Mar 27, 2006
  14. Mark Hatfield

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >click send

    you mean 'hit' send

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 27, 2006
  15. Mark Hatfield

    LRM Guest

    All gawked in amazement when: Consultant assaulted us with:
    > net use * \\server\lrm # # # # # # # # # #

    Your are such an animal!
    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, Mar 28, 2006
  16. Mark Hatfield

    LRM Guest

    All gawked in amazement when: Neil assaulted us with:
    > did you hear "LRM" <> say in
    > news:#RRyJqQUGHA.1160 @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> I have a fondness for "#"

    > So when you're not "#"ing on someone, would you be up for a quick "!"?
    > Please stop "$"ing me along...

    Define quick.
    net time \\lrm /y

    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, Mar 28, 2006
  17. Mark Hatfield

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "LRM" <> say in news:ern8RTfUGHA.5568
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    > Define quick.
    > net time \\lrm /y

    I'll leave the preference up to you, would you like the clock cycles to be
    at 2.8 Ghz or 4.77 Mhz? Maybe I should oscilate. Quick can mean so many
    different things. A few minutes, a few hours, a few days.....

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Don't put off until tomorrow what you can get someone else to do today.
    Neil, Mar 28, 2006
  18. Mark Hatfield

    LRM Guest

    All gawked in amazement when: Neil assaulted us with:
    > did you hear "LRM" <> say in
    > news:ern8RTfUGHA.5568 @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> Define quick.
    >> net time \\lrm /y

    > I'll leave the preference up to you, would you like the clock cycles
    > to be at 2.8 Ghz or 4.77 Mhz? Maybe I should oscilate. Quick can mean
    > so many different things. A few minutes, a few hours, a few days.....

    Timing is everything, if you can't sync up then it is hopeless.
    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, Mar 28, 2006
  19. Mark Hatfield

    LnkWizard Guest

    "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    > >click send

    > you mean 'hit' send

    Now, why would I want to do that? Send never did anything to
    me or you. There it is, just lying around enjoying a little peace
    and quiet having a Pina colada there on the beach and some
    jerk has to come along and hit it. I mean how would you like that
    to happen to you? I think if you really need to get something done
    you should just come up and gently tap it on the shoulder and
    politely ask if it would kindly transmit the information you need.
    There really is no need to go around hitting anything just because
    you want a little work done.

    My $.02
    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com
    LnkWizard, Mar 28, 2006
  20. Mark Hatfield

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "LRM" <> say in news:e4krTThUGHA.5288
    @TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

    > All gawked in amazement when: Neil assaulted us with:
    >> did you hear "LRM" <> say in
    >> news:ern8RTfUGHA.5568 @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:
    >>
    >>> Define quick.
    >>> net time \\lrm /y

    >> I'll leave the preference up to you, would you like the clock cycles
    >> to be at 2.8 Ghz or 4.77 Mhz? Maybe I should oscilate. Quick can mean
    >> so many different things. A few minutes, a few hours, a few days.....

    > Timing is everything, if you can't sync up then it is hopeless.

    don't worry, I'll let you tweak my FSB

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.