    Stephanie Guest

    Anyone know the ages of the youngest MCSE and MCSA in the
    US...Male and female....just curious

    Stephanie, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Stephanie

    Guest Guest

    What year? LOL

    I had mine in 1996 (i was 17)

    Guest, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Stephanie

    Herb Martin Guest

    I am pretty sure there was a 14 year old at one point.

    I heard rumors of an 11-12 year old too, but no real confirmation.

    There have been a number of 17 year olds -(but it is still a great
    accomplishment at that age.)

    They keep getting older so the 14 year old is probably in college by
    now though. <grin>

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Feb 18, 2004
  4. a 1 year baby can pass a multiple choice exam, all u neeed is luck
    the problem with us is that we want to learn and we know how things work and when its time
    to choose between different options (sometimes) we miss because of the similar answers.
    I personally dont like multiple choice exams but in this case... well.. there is no other
    way.
    a 17 year old cant have the experience to deal with the "real world", he needs more time..
    (please dont write me saying : Im 15 and Im taking care of a network center of 2000 pcs
    and 10 servers ....)

    :)

    Im 25 and Ive worked with: linux, novell., windows NT, Os/2 warp,Mac OS since I was 16 and
    still I need more experience.

    Nicolas Pierri, Feb 18, 2004
  5. Stephanie

    Herb Martin Guest

    "Nicolas Pierri" <> wrote in message
    > a 1 year baby can pass a multiple choice exam, all u neeed is luck

    Actually is would probably take a 2-year old but the odds are overwhelming
    against it and at $125 per try, time 7 exams no one has had the patience or
    the
    money.

    Better odds in Vegas or Internet Poker.

    > the problem with us is that we want to learn and we know how things work

    and when its time
    > to choose between different options (sometimes) we miss because of the

    similar answers.
    > I personally dont like multiple choice exams but in this case... well..

    there is no other
    > way.

    If I wrote the exams they would probably be true-false and I would publish
    the answer
    to everyone.

    But I would require 95% or higher accuracy.

    > a 17 year old cant have the experience to deal with the "real world", he

    needs more time..
    > (please dont write me saying : Im 15 and Im taking care of a network

    center of 2000 pcs
    > and 10 servers ....)

    It's not about "experience" but rather ability. Until you understand that,
    you are limiting
    yourself and likely to misjudge others.

    I know 17-year olds with only a few months experience who would do more for
    a tech company than many 20-30 year experienced people.

    Can you help a company make more money -- directly or indirectly -- now and
    in the future?
    -----------------

    Experience, tests, interviews, college, MCSE, recommendations, resumes, etc.
    are all
    just ways to ATTEMPT to predict the above.

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Feb 18, 2004
  6. Stephanie

    scott Guest

    You know what, I don't even want to know the answers to
    these. There are always a bunch of really young smartass
    kids in ever field. It just seems to make an older guy
    like me that has to work hard to learn things feel like I
    haven't accomplished anything. Why don't we see what the
    oldest MCSA or MCSE is? Make an old guy feel good for a
    change.

    LOL!!!!!! :)

    scott, Feb 19, 2004
  7. Stephanie

    JaR Guest

    scott opined, On 2/19/04 7:01 AM:

    > You know what, I don't even want to know the answers to
    > these. There are always a bunch of really young smartass
    > kids in ever field. It just seems to make an older guy
    > like me that has to work hard to learn things feel like I
    > haven't accomplished anything. Why don't we see what the
    > oldest MCSA or MCSE is? Make an old guy feel good for a
    > change.
    >
    > LOL!!!!!! :)

    I was 51 when I got my MCSA. Do I win?

    If so, how much?

    Do I get to go to Disneyland?

    JaR
    Geriatric Thug

    JaR, Feb 19, 2004
  8. Stephanie

    Oldman Guest

    I am not saying how old I am, but I only have four digits
    in my SS# if that gives you some idea. I have MCSA and
    can't remember what else ...

    Oldman, Feb 19, 2004
  9. How about this:
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/EDUCATION/08/25/sprj.sch.wonder.kid.ap/