    George Guest

    Is there a way to save you tube videos? Also, how can I search the
    archives in OE?

    George, May 12, 2007

  2. George

    Guest

    "George" <> wrote:

    >Is there a way to save you tube videos?

    Use Opera it makes it much simpler www.opera,com
    after a video has played (any video) you goto the Cache4 directory and
    grab it.
    opr1UG4B.flv is a youtube video you just need to rename it
    opr1UG4B.tmp is also a youtube video - (check the size, rename)

    Again www.opera.com
    http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/topics?hl=en
    --
    IK Project
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321

    , May 12, 2007

  3. George

    Ian Jackson Guest

    In message <XSo1i.161737$>, George
    <> writes
    >Is there a way to save you tube videos? Also, how can I search the
    >archives in OE?

    There are several ways of saving YouTube videos. Here's one way.
    Assuming you are using Internet Explorer:

    When you play the video, after the red progress bar at the bottom has
    reached the right hand side, look in you Temporary Internet Files
    folder. There should be a large file in there with a gobbledegook name
    (typically 10MB, depending on the length of the video). It will have a
    time corresponding to the when you started playing the video.

    Copy this file to you chosen folder. Its name will have changed to
    'getvideo[1]'. Rename it (I usually copy the title that appears above
    the video), and add the extension '.flv'.

    There are several free programs which will play flv files. I use VLC
    player.

    Ian.

    Ian Jackson, May 12, 2007
  4. George

    Lookout Guest

    On Sat, 12 May 2007 14:49:49 -0500, "George" <>
    wrote:

    >Is there a way to save you tube videos? Also, how can I search the
    >archives in OE?

    http://vixy.net/ is an online FLV converter. After it's done you can
    download it to your PC.

    Lookout, May 12, 2007
  5. George

    thanatoid Guest

    wrote in

    > "George" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Is there a way to save you tube videos?

    > Use Opera it makes it much simpler www.opera,com
    > after a video has played (any video) you goto the Cache4
    > directory and grab it.
    > opr1UG4B.flv is a youtube video you just need to rename it
    > opr1UG4B.tmp is also a youtube video - (check the size,
    > rename)

    IME, the extension flv is usually replaced by swf or as you
    said, tmp. Rename to flv etc.

    >> Also, how can I search the
    >>archives in OE?

    Anyone who uses IE/OE is stupid or insane. (It's been a while
    since I had a chance to say that.) Also, AFAIK (since I am
    neither totally stupid or totally insane and therefore do not
    use IE/OE), IE does not save the streaming videos at all, even
    assuming you could find them with Windows "Explorer".

    thanatoid, May 12, 2007
  6. George

    George Guest

    Lookout wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 May 2007 14:49:49 -0500, "George" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a way to save you tube videos? Also, how can I search the
    >> archives in OE?
    >>

    > http://vixy.net/ is an online FLV converter. After it's done you can
    > download it to your PC.

    Thanks - this one worked!

    George, May 13, 2007
  7. George

    Scraggy Guest

    George wrote:
    > Is there a way to save you tube videos? Also, how can I search the
    > archives in OE?

    Use this(or silmilar sites):

    http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

    Copy & paste the youtube or whatever, link. This will open the standard
    Windows Save/Run dialog box, name the file and add the .flv extension.

    Then use this;

    http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

    to covert it to whatever format suits you best. It will also extract the
    soundtrack to mp3/ogg/aac etc format.

    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, May 13, 2007
  8. George

    Lookout Guest

    On Sun, 13 May 2007 09:54:29 +0100, "Scraggy"
    <> wrote:

    >George wrote:
    >> Is there a way to save you tube videos? Also, how can I search the
    >> archives in OE?

    >Use this(or silmilar sites):
    >
    >http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php
    >
    >Copy & paste the youtube or whatever, link. This will open the standard
    >Windows Save/Run dialog box, name the file and add the .flv extension.
    >
    >Then use this;
    >
    >http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
    >
    >to covert it to whatever format suits you best. It will also extract the
    >soundtrack to mp3/ogg/aac etc format.

    http://vixy.net/ this one does both at the same time. No need for 2
    sites.

    Lookout, May 13, 2007
  9. I used VIXY.NET and after a few minutes it DID produce an avi file to
    download, but when I tried to play the file all I got was the
    SOUND...no picture. What gives?

    Justme Athome, May 13, 2007
  10. George

    Lookout Guest

    You're missing the proper CODEC. Google CODECs to learn about them.

    Lookout, May 13, 2007
  11. On Sun, 13 May 2007 10:54:47 -0500, Lookout <>
    wrote:

    >You're missing the proper CODEC. Google CODECs to learn about them.

    Thanks. Got lots of info on CODECS, but nothing that would solve the
    problem. Surely SOMEBODY has experienced this before and knows of a
    quick fix. Please help. THANKS.

    Justme Athome, May 13, 2007
  12. George

    Scraggy Guest

    Lookout wrote:

    > http://vixy.net/ this one does both at the same time. No need for 2
    > sites.

    Thanks, hadn't seen that one. It's a tad more limited than Super though.
    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, May 13, 2007
  13. George

    Lookout Guest

    On Sun, 13 May 2007 09:14:30 -0700, Justme Athome <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 13 May 2007 10:54:47 -0500, Lookout <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>You're missing the proper CODEC. Google CODECs to learn about them.

    >Thanks. Got lots of info on CODECS, but nothing that would solve the
    >problem. Surely SOMEBODY has experienced this before and knows of a
    >quick fix. Please help. THANKS.

    The fix is to install the proper CODEC. I use GSpot to figure out
    which CODEC I need. AVIs will take a little work to watch until you
    get the CODECs installed.

    Lookout, May 13, 2007
  14. I appreciate it. I simply googled as you suggested and installed the
    first file that seemed like it would fix it. It worked (luckily).
    THANX!

    Justme Athome, May 14, 2007
  15. George

    Lookout Guest

    You have no idea how lucky you were! If you are going to be viewing a
    lot of AVIs then I suggest you get GSpot to help you figure it out.

    Lookout, May 14, 2007
  16. George

    Tester Guest

    wrote:

    >Is there a way to save you tube videos? Also, how can I search the
    >archives in OE?

    There's a plugin for Firefox called "Unplug" which gives you media
    links on a page.

    You can also use URL Sniffer which monitors your computer's asking for
    URL's and collects the URL's. That's begware (freeware but please
    contribute) at DonationCoder.com.

    Tester, May 15, 2007