You think it's bad here in the USA? Try this

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Oct 7, 2009.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/10/07/saudi.sex.braggart/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn

    Under Saudi law, it is illegal to even talk about promiscous sex. This man
    simply talked about his affairs as a single father and was sentenced to 5
    years and 1,000 lashes.
    Under Saudi law, it is also illegal for unrelated men and women to mingle.
    Which means, you ain't gonna go to the local disco for a good time and
    getting a partner for private fun.

    In Saudia Arabia, women stay home. Period. She does not go out to do the
    shopping. She does not even drive the family car. Even if they had one.

    Years ago while my father was a consultant for a company, he had an
    oppurtunity to work for Aramco in SA. He was there for a couple of weeks
    and came home.

    I was taking a class at a small tech school and the woman teacher made
    mention of her wanting to go to SA. I advised her not to. As the only place
    an American woman would be acceptable as an American woman, is at the
    Aramco village.

    So count your blessings that you live and breathe in a country where
    freedom to do as you please is not governed by archaic laws so drastic as
    theirs.

    richard, Oct 7, 2009

  2. richard

    housetrained Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/10/07/saudi.sex.braggart/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn
    >

    > Under Saudi law, it is illegal to even talk about promiscous sex. This man
    > simply talked about his affairs as a single father and was sentenced to 5
    > years and 1,000 lashes.
    > Under Saudi law, it is also illegal for unrelated men and women to mingle.
    > Which means, you ain't gonna go to the local disco for a good time and
    > getting a partner for private fun.
    >
    > In Saudia Arabia, women stay home. Period. She does not go out to do the
    > shopping. She does not even drive the family car. Even if they had one.
    >
    > Years ago while my father was a consultant for a company, he had an
    > oppurtunity to work for Aramco in SA. He was there for a couple of weeks
    > and came home.
    >
    > I was taking a class at a small tech school and the woman teacher made
    > mention of her wanting to go to SA. I advised her not to. As the only
    > place
    > an American woman would be acceptable as an American woman, is at the
    > Aramco village.
    >
    > So count your blessings that you live and breathe in a country where
    > freedom to do as you please is not governed by archaic laws so drastic as
    > theirs.

    and we are trying to force our "democratic" values on them in Afghanistan
    and Iraq. Total waste of time. As soon as we pull out they will get what
    they really want - Sharia law.
    --
    John the West Ham fan

    <><

    housetrained, Oct 7, 2009

  3. richard

    Jordon Guest

    housetrained wrote:
    > "richard" wrote in message
    >> Under Saudi law, it is illegal to even talk about promiscous sex. This
    >> man
    >> simply talked about his affairs as a single father and was sentenced to 5
    >> years and 1,000 lashes.
    >> Under Saudi law, it is also illegal for unrelated men and women to
    >> mingle.
    >> Which means, you ain't gonna go to the local disco for a good time and
    >> getting a partner for private fun.

    > and we are trying to force our "democratic" values on them in
    > Afghanistan and Iraq. Total waste of time. As soon as we pull out they
    > will get what they really want - Sharia law.

    Just how does one force democratic values on the people
    of Saudi Arabia by doing it in any country other than
    Saudi Arabia?

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Oct 7, 2009
  4. richard

    Jordon Guest

    richard wrote:
    > Under Saudi law, it is illegal to even talk about promiscous sex. This man
    > simply talked about his affairs as a single father and was sentenced to 5
    > years and 1,000 lashes.
    > Under Saudi law, it is also illegal for unrelated men and women to mingle.
    > Which means, you ain't gonna go to the local disco for a good time and
    > getting a partner for private fun.
    >
    > In Saudia Arabia, women stay home. Period. She does not go out to do the
    > shopping. She does not even drive the family car. Even if they had one.

    Hey Richard, did you know that the sun rises
    in the east?

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Oct 7, 2009
  5. richard

    housetrained Guest

    "Jordon" <> wrote in message
    > housetrained wrote:
    >> "richard" wrote in message
    >>> Under Saudi law, it is illegal to even talk about promiscous sex. This
    >>> man
    >>> simply talked about his affairs as a single father and was sentenced to
    >>> 5
    >>> years and 1,000 lashes.
    >>> Under Saudi law, it is also illegal for unrelated men and women to
    >>> mingle.
    >>> Which means, you ain't gonna go to the local disco for a good time and
    >>> getting a partner for private fun.

    >> and we are trying to force our "democratic" values on them in Afghanistan
    >> and Iraq. Total waste of time. As soon as we pull out they will get what
    >> they really want - Sharia law.

    > Just how does one force democratic values on the people
    > of Saudi Arabia by doing it in any country other than
    > Saudi Arabia?
    >
    > --
    > Jordon

    by 'them' I meant Muslims the world over
    --
    John the West Ham fan

    <><

    housetrained, Oct 7, 2009
  6. richard

    Falco Guest

    richard wrote:
    > http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/10/07/saudi.sex.braggart/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn
    >

    > Under Saudi law, it is illegal to even talk about promiscous sex.
    > This man simply talked about his affairs as a single father and was
    > sentenced to 5 years and 1,000 lashes.
    > Under Saudi law, it is also illegal for unrelated men and women to
    > mingle. Which means, you ain't gonna go to the local disco for a good
    > time and getting a partner for private fun.
    >
    > In Saudia Arabia, women stay home. Period. She does not go out to do
    > the shopping. She does not even drive the family car. Even if they
    > had one.
    >
    > Years ago while my father was a consultant for a company, he had an
    > oppurtunity to work for Aramco in SA. He was there for a couple of
    > weeks and came home.
    >
    > I was taking a class at a small tech school and the woman teacher made
    > mention of her wanting to go to SA. I advised her not to. As the only
    > place an American woman would be acceptable as an American woman, is
    > at the Aramco village.
    >
    > So count your blessings that you live and breathe in a country where
    > freedom to do as you please is not governed by archaic laws so
    > drastic as theirs.

    But do they have as many robberies and murders as the USA does?

    Can women walk in their streets at any hour without fear of being mugged or
    raped?

    As for "freedom" in the USA, well that really is relative when you have to
    stay behind quadruple locked doors, sleep with a loaded gun - and when you
    do venture outside, keep looking over your shoulder for that potential
    rapist or mugger.

    If that's freedom, well...

    Falco, Oct 7, 2009
  7. richard

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 10:57:16 -0700, Jordon wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >> Under Saudi law, it is illegal to even talk about promiscous sex. This man
    >> simply talked about his affairs as a single father and was sentenced to 5
    >> years and 1,000 lashes.
    >> Under Saudi law, it is also illegal for unrelated men and women to mingle.
    >> Which means, you ain't gonna go to the local disco for a good time and
    >> getting a partner for private fun.
    >>
    >> In Saudia Arabia, women stay home. Period. She does not go out to do the
    >> shopping. She does not even drive the family car. Even if they had one.

    > Hey Richard, did you know that the sun rises
    > in the east?

    Actually, the sun is a stationary object.
    It neither rises nor falls.
    Sunset and sunrise is caused by the earth's rotation as it revolves around
    the sun.

    richard, Oct 7, 2009
  8. richard

    Buffalo Guest

    richard wrote:
    > On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 10:57:16 -0700, Jordon wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:
    >>> Under Saudi law, it is illegal to even talk about promiscous sex.
    >>> This man simply talked about his affairs as a single father and was
    >>> sentenced to 5 years and 1,000 lashes.
    >>> Under Saudi law, it is also illegal for unrelated men and women to
    >>> mingle. Which means, you ain't gonna go to the local disco for a
    >>> good time and getting a partner for private fun.
    >>>
    >>> In Saudia Arabia, women stay home. Period. She does not go out to
    >>> do the shopping. She does not even drive the family car. Even if
    >>> they had one.

    >> Hey Richard, did you know that the sun rises
    >> in the east?

    > Actually, the sun is a stationary object.
    > It neither rises nor falls.
    > Sunset and sunrise is caused by the earth's rotation as it revolves
    > around the sun.

    Actually sunrise and sunset are caused by the rotation of the earth on its
    axis. It takes the earth one year to revolve completely around the sun.
    Buffalo
    PS: Very interesting about women in Saudi Arabia.

    Buffalo, Oct 7, 2009
  9. Buffalo wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >> Actually, the sun is a stationary object.
    >> It neither rises nor falls.
    >> Sunset and sunrise is caused by the earth's rotation as it revolves
    >> around the sun.

    > Actually sunrise and sunset are caused by the rotation of the earth
    > on its axis. It takes the earth one year to revolve completely around
    > the sun.

    I've heard from a competent authority that RtS and CtS have been seen
    having lunch together! :)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 7, 2009
  10. richard

    Jordon Guest

    richard wrote:

    > Actually, the sun is a stationary object.

    Wrong again. The sun is moving at about 250
    kilometers a second and orbits the center of
    our galaxy every 235 million years (+/-).

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Oct 7, 2009
  11. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    richard <> wrote in

    > http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/10/07/saudi.sex.braggart/index.html?e
    > ref=igoogle_cnn
    >

    > Under Saudi law, it is illegal to even talk about promiscous sex. This
    > man simply talked about his affairs as a single father and was sentenced
    > to 5 years and 1,000 lashes.
    > Under Saudi law, it is also illegal for unrelated men and women to
    > mingle. Which means, you ain't gonna go to the local disco for a good
    > time and getting a partner for private fun.
    >
    > In Saudia Arabia, women stay home. Period. She does not go out to do the
    > shopping. She does not even drive the family car. Even if they had one.
    >
    > Years ago while my father was a consultant for a company, he had an
    > oppurtunity to work for Aramco in SA. He was there for a couple of weeks
    > and came home.
    >
    > I was taking a class at a small tech school and the woman teacher made
    > mention of her wanting to go to SA. I advised her not to. As the only
    > place an American woman would be acceptable as an American woman, is at
    > the Aramco village.

    And she'd probably be raped in the street otherwise. There's a reason for
    such laws there - the men have absolutely no respect for women. Twisted
    logic sure, but it's still true.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 7, 2009
  12. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    "Falco" <falco@diilly-daally....invalid.com> wrote in

    > richard wrote:
    >> http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/10/07/saudi.sex.braggart/index.html?
    >> eref=igoogle_cnn

    > But do they have as many robberies and murders as the USA does?

    Worse actually. Back 40 years ago it *may* have been lower.

    > Can women walk in their streets at any hour without fear of being mugged
    > or raped?

    Hell no.

    > As for "freedom" in the USA, well that really is relative when you have
    > to stay behind quadruple locked doors, sleep with a loaded gun - and
    > when you do venture outside, keep looking over your shoulder for that
    > potential rapist or mugger.

    Yeah right. In the US you *need* a gun so someone else doesn't shoot you.

    13th highest standard of living in the world. And it shows.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 7, 2009
  13. richard

    §nühw¤£f Guest

    richard <> pinched out a steaming pile of

    > http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/10/07/saudi.sex.braggart/index.
    > html?eref=igoogle_cnn
    >

    > Under Saudi law, it is illegal to even talk about promiscous sex.
    > This man simply talked about his affairs as a single father and
    > was sentenced to 5 years and 1,000 lashes.
    > Under Saudi law, it is also illegal for unrelated men and women to
    > mingle. Which means, you ain't gonna go to the local disco for a
    > good time and getting a partner for private fun.
    >
    > In Saudia Arabia, women stay home. Period. She does not go out to
    > do the shopping. She does not even drive the family car. Even if
    > they had one.
    >
    > Years ago while my father was a consultant for a company, he had
    > an oppurtunity to work for Aramco in SA. He was there for a couple
    > of weeks and came home.
    >
    > I was taking a class at a small tech school and the woman teacher
    > made mention of her wanting to go to SA. I advised her not to. As
    > the only place an American woman would be acceptable as an
    > American woman, is at the Aramco village.
    >
    > So count your blessings that you live and breathe in a country
    > where freedom to do as you please is not governed by archaic laws
    > so drastic as theirs.

    Can you smoke hashish legally here ?
    You pick your positives and negatives.
    Is your country so rich that everyone has free health care and work
    is optional?
    Islamic law in afghanistan: not so good.
    Islamic law in Arab Emirates: pretty good if you're a man.

    ;)

    §nühw¤£f, Oct 7, 2009
  14. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    "Köhlmann is aka 'Petey Toro' OLAY !" <> wrote in

    > richard wrote:

    >>> Hey Richard, did you know that the sun rises
    >>> in the east?

    >> Actually, the sun is a stationary object.
    >> It neither rises nor falls.
    >> Sunset and sunrise is caused by the earth's rotation as it revolves
    >> around the sun.

    > Something tells me you need to watch Nova every now and then, as you
    > don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.

    And what exactly as incorrect about the above statement? The earth rotates
    *and* it revolves around the sun.

    > The whole Milky Way galaxy is on the move headed for a collision with
    > the Andromeda galaxy, which Black Holes in each galaxy, the center of
    > all galaxies, are moving towards each other. The Milky Way is going to
    > be consumed by Andromeda a much bigger galaxy.

    In several billion years and even if there are humans around then they'll
    probably notice it no more than we notice Sag. A now.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 7, 2009
  15. richard

    >>> Something tells me you need to watch Nova every now and then, as you
    >>> don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.
    >>>

    >> And what exactly as incorrect about the above statement? The earth
    >> rotates *and* it revolves around the sun.

    > http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_the_sun_moving
    >

    > If the galaxy is on the move how can the sun not be on the move?

    Please. Not relative to the earth or the rest of the solar system. Aside from the
    slight wobble caused by the mass of the planets. That *was* the point and you know it.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 8, 2009
  16. richard

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:12:34 -0700, richard <> wrote:

    >Actually, the sun is a stationary object.

    Wow.... You really are stupid.

    Just in case you missed your pal K-man's post, I'll repost it for you.

    "Good God, Bullis! Can you get any more stupid? The sun is orbiting around
    the centre of the fucking galaxy, being tugged up and down a bit by
    massive stars, and the galaxy itself is in free fall within the universe,
    and the universe is in free fall within the bulk.

    You complete and utter fucking goose, Bullis."

    G. Morgan, Oct 8, 2009
  17. richard

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 07:08:11 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >>Please. Not relative to the earth or the rest of the solar system. Aside from the
    >>slight wobble caused by the mass of the planets. That *was* the point and you know it.

    >Backpedal chucktard, backpedal.

    Down south we call it "crawfishing".

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=219Y77DJV6U

    G. Morgan, Oct 8, 2009