    photomicrography. Better than all its Coolpix siblings that followed. But
    what about the Canon Pro 70? Anybody used that one?

    Gregor
    GTO, Oct 13, 2005

  2. GTO wrote:
    > At least in April 1999! See
    > http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikoncp950/page12.asp
    >
    > 1999 was just yesterday. It's amazing to see the progress. From the
    > 950 to the 5D. I used the 950 and remember that one of my relatives
    > is still using one today. Actually, the 950 is one of the best
    > low-cost cameras for photomicrography. Better than all its Coolpix
    > siblings that followed. But what about the Canon Pro 70? Anybody used
    > that one?
    > Gregor

    The Nikon 990 is pretty good for macro as well. My wife still uses her
    990 on a regular basis, although now supplemented by the Panasonic FZ20
    for those telephoto shots through its image-stabilised long zoom.

    So what will the next six years bring?

    Davod
    David J Taylor, Oct 13, 2005

  3. GTO

    ASAAR Guest

    On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:26:21 GMT, David J Taylor wrote:

    > The Nikon 990 is pretty good for macro as well. My wife still uses her
    > 990 on a regular basis, although now supplemented by the Panasonic
    > FZ20 for those telephoto shots through its image-stabilised long zoom.
    >
    > So what will the next six years bring?
    >
    > Davod

    Nukons, Conans, Fudgies, Sunnies and a few Kadaks. :)
    ASAAR, Oct 13, 2005
  4. "ASAAR" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:26:21 GMT, David J Taylor wrote:
    >
    >> The Nikon 990 is pretty good for macro as well. My wife still uses her
    >> 990 on a regular basis, although now supplemented by the Panasonic
    >> FZ20 for those telephoto shots through its image-stabilised long zoom.
    >>
    >> So what will the next six years bring?
    >>
    >> Davod

    > Nukons, Conans, Fudgies, Sunnies and a few Kadaks. :)

    You almost lost me on the Sunnies. I just never even think about that brand,
    mostly because I would never buy anything that takes those pesky Mammary
    Stocks.

    Neil
    Neil Harrington, Oct 13, 2005
  5. GTO

    ASAAR Guest

    On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:13:16 -0400, Neil Harrington wrote:

    >> Nukons, Conans, Fudgies, Sunnies and a few Kadaks. :)

    > You almost lost me on the Sunnies. I just never even think about that
    > brand, mostly because I would never buy anything that takes those
    > pesky Mammary Stocks.

    Really? I thought that they were Sunny Mammary Stacks. <g> I
    just browsed an old Sony Style catalog (very nicely produced 400
    page $4.95 catalogs) and it had no cameras, though plenty of
    HandyCams and other video devices. Not surprising since it was
    dated Spring/Summer 1994. Even today, Sony's web site is much less
    convenient, and most of the full page ad photos were very well done.
    ASAAR, Oct 14, 2005
  6. "ASAAR" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:13:16 -0400, Neil Harrington wrote:
    >
    >>> Nukons, Conans, Fudgies, Sunnies and a few Kadaks. :)

    >> You almost lost me on the Sunnies. I just never even think about that
    >> brand, mostly because I would never buy anything that takes those
    >> pesky Mammary Stocks.

    > Really? I thought that they were Sunny Mammary Stacks. <g>

    Are those the newer Dual Mammary Stacks? ( . ) ( . )

    Well, I don't care anyway. I'm sticking with what I use now, Camper Flush
    and Secret Diligent cards.

    > just browsed an old Sony Style catalog (very nicely produced 400
    > page $4.95 catalogs) and it had no cameras, though plenty of
    > HandyCams and other video devices. Not surprising since it was
    > dated Spring/Summer 1994. Even today, Sony's web site is much less
    > convenient, and most of the full page ad photos were very well done.

    It's almost hard to believe Sony wasn't making digital cameras a decade or
    so ago, but then it's easy to forget with what blinding speed things have
    changed in that decade. Even in just the past few years. . . . It seems to
    me only a couple of years ago that the local Wal-Mart's camera shelves were
    filled with 35s and just a very few digitals. Within the last year or so the
    mix became about half and half, and now those shelves are almost all
    digitals, about thirty of 'em, with just a couple of 35s. And one of the 35s
    is a Canon Rebel, priced at $198 with lens, a 35-90 or something like that.
    Just amazing.

    I am really kicking myself for not unloading my gaggle of Maxxums when I
    could have gotten a decent price for them. But who knew the 35 market would
    collapse so fast? It's extremely unlikely I'll ever use film again. At least
    the lenses (most of 'em) and other Maxxum paraphernalia won't be wasted: I
    just bought a Maxxum 5D.

    Neil
    Neil Harrington, Oct 14, 2005
  7. GTO

    Don Wiss Guest

    On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 04:14:25 GMT, "GTO" <> wrote:

    >At least in April 1999! See
    >http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikoncp950/page12.asp
    >
    >1999 was just yesterday. It's amazing to see the progress. From the 950 to
    >the 5D. I used the 950 and remember that one of my relatives is still using
    >one today. Actually, the 950 is one of the best low-cost cameras for
    >photomicrography.

    And for that reason I plan to hang onto my 950.

    Don Wiss, Oct 16, 2005
  8. GTO

    Mike Fields Guest

    "Don Wiss" <donwiss@no_spam.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 04:14:25 GMT, "GTO" <> wrote:
    >
    > >At least in April 1999! See
    > >http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikoncp950/page12.asp
    > >
    > >1999 was just yesterday. It's amazing to see the progress. From the 950

    > >the 5D. I used the 950 and remember that one of my relatives is still

    using
    > >one today. Actually, the 950 is one of the best low-cost cameras for
    > >photomicrography.

    > And for that reason I plan to hang onto my 950.
    >
    > Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).

    Yeah Don -- you need the macro ability to see all the fine
    print on those shyster stores you run around taking pictures
    of all the time (or looking for an honest sales person in them)

    ;-)

    mikey
    Mike Fields, Oct 17, 2005
  9. GTO

    Don Wiss Guest

    On 16 Oct 2005, Mike Fields <> wrote:

    >Yeah Don -- you need the macro ability to see all the fine
    >print on those shyster stores you run around taking pictures
    >of all the time (or looking for an honest sales person in them)

    Hi,

    I've got a batch to get up. Either late tonight or maybe tomorrow night.

    I've been playing with the NY State Corporate Entity database. It has been
    quite helpful! One new vendor worked really hard to disguise their
    connection. But they slipped and used their true street address when they
    registered the entity. And then another that went defunct, but is still an
    active corporation, I found is now at the address used by a bunch of
    others. Then there are those claiming to be a corporation that I can't find
    in the database. And then there always are more pictures to take.

    Don Wiss, Oct 17, 2005