    Borg Guest

    You MUST update to Internet Explorer 7. Do it NOW.
    Resistance is futile.
    Borg, Nov 3, 2006

  2. Borg

    tom Guest

    "Borg" <> wrote in message
    news:454b8a24$0$1350$...
    > You MUST update to Internet Explorer 7. Do it NOW.
    > Resistance is futile.

    Next thing you'll be wanting me to get SP2 I suppose.
    tom, Nov 3, 2006

  3. Borg

    richard Guest

    "Borg" <> wrote in message
    > You MUST update to Internet Explorer 7. Do it NOW.
    > Resistance is futile.

    "Arm the topedoes Ensign! Lock Phasers on target! Fire at will!"

    "Captain. Damage report from all decks indicate all is well and IE7 has been
    replaced with Firefox."
    richard, Nov 3, 2006
  4. Borg

    Tony Guest

    "Borg" <> wrote in message
    > You MUST update to Internet Explorer 7. Do it NOW.
    > Resistance is futile.

    Does this mean I will have to upgrade from Windoze 95 first? I wouldn't
    like to be assimilated.
    Tony, Nov 3, 2006
  5. Borg

    Norm Guest

    "Borg" <> wrote in message
    > You MUST update to Internet Explorer 7. Do it NOW.
    > Resistance is futile.

    Why when it is full of holes? Firefox 2 is far better in terms of security.
    Norm, Nov 3, 2006
  6. Borg <> loquaciously articulated in

    > You MUST update to Internet Explorer 7. Do it NOW.
    > Resistance is futile.

    I started last night on my most, errrr, not expendable, but "least
    cruicial" machines. What is a little weird, is that the installation
    routine, a la Microsoft's Windows Update site, acts a little
    different on each machine.

    What I like about the upgrade is that Window Washer v6.x, Download
    Express, IESpell, and most of my little freebie plug-ins remain
    compatible and still work. And *that* is a *major* relief! To me.

    (The installation routine may also hide some of the dialog screens,
    so don't get scared and think it's all frozen up, get all pissed off
    and go cold-booting out of there... Once you click-thru the dialogs
    it'll want to reboot.) An example is on my second machine and
    routine, the upgrade from IE6 to IE7 put the Language Bar on my
    taskbar. (to the right, adjacent to the "System Notification Area")

    [LOL @ M$ = used to be called "SysTray" but in XP they went with
    "System Notification Area"; so in Vista maybe it'll be called the
    "Electronic Mechanical Operating System's Ifrastructure Notification
    Process via Icon Accessible Acquisition Interfaces' Allocated Display
    Space with Distinct Geometrical Boundries Generally Rectangular in
    Shape"] Ahhh... That's Microsoft working hard for us, and to cure the
    world of AIDS and illiteracy.

    Anyway, I had to dig into Ctrl Pnl > Regional and Language Settings >
    Languages tab > "Details..." button > "Preferences" screen >
    "Language Bar..." button > Language Bar Settings <wwwwhhhhewwww
    whhhheee> and deselect the 1st and 3rd boxes. Buh bye, Language Bar.

    So, the point is not so much "I MUST" update, as it is that in order
    to be a really good citizen of the world, I should do my part and
    update, then buy some, if not most, of the add-ons - and just
    generally make the whole world a safer, happier, and more colorful
    place by either making Microsoft richer, or by being prepared to make
    them richer -- when the hive sends out the signal.

    --

    !!! WARNING !!! Beware of these creatures which have been
    introduced into our population by the alien invasion's preliminary

    http://tinyurl.com/ynd4y6

    Use great caution when encountering and evading these creatures.
    Freud is *not* our friend in these matters. !!! END WARNING !!!
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 3, 2006
  7. Borg

    Guest

    On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 11:47:47 -0700, "richard" <> wrote:

    >Fire at will!

    Poor Will
    , Nov 3, 2006
  8. Borg

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 11:47:47 -0700, "richard" <> wrote:

    >"Arm the topedoes Ensign! Lock Phasers on target! Fire at will!"

    What did Will ever do to you?
    Evan Platt, Nov 3, 2006
  9. Borg

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    "Norm" <> wrote in

    > "Borg" <> wrote in message
    >> You MUST update to Internet Explorer 7. Do it NOW.
    >> Resistance is futile.
    >>

    > Why when it is full of holes? Firefox 2 is far better in terms of
    > security.

    Continue to believe this if you want but even the new security head at Mozilla will not state the Firefox is more
    secure than IE:

    http://news.com.com/2102-7355_3-6117896.html?tag=st.util.print

    Browser security is a complicated issue and what's secure one day can be totally insecure the next. Instead
    of starting a browser war find a browser YOU like, learn and use it's security features and above all practice
    safe surfing.

    Also consider the offset hypothesis:

    The offset hypothesis predicts consumers adapt to innovations that improve safety by becoming less vigilant
    about safety.

    So if you think you have a 'safer' browser you are more likely to to dangerous things while surfing. It's better to
    assume (rightly) that your browser is not safe and then take the appropriate actions while surfing.
    Fuzzy Logic, Nov 3, 2006
  10. Borg

    Leythos Guest

    In article <454b8a24$0$1350$>,
    says...
    > You MUST update to Internet Explorer 7. Do it NOW.
    > Resistance is futile.

    MS even provides a fix that will allow you to block/unblock the
    automatic update from your computer - I just ran fix on 200 workstations
    (as it works remotely) and blocked IE7 from updating on them, took about
    3 minutes to setup.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me
    Leythos, Nov 3, 2006
  11. Borg

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 13:19:31 -0500, Borg <> wrote:

    >You MUST update to Internet Explorer 7. Do it NOW.
    >Resistance is futile.

    I don't have that problem, WGA gets in the way ;-)

    --

    -Graham
    (remove the double e's to email)
    G. Morgan, Nov 3, 2006
  12. Borg

    Ghostrider Guest

    G. Morgan wrote:

    > On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 13:19:31 -0500, Borg <> wrote:
    >

    >>You MUST update to Internet Explorer 7. Do it NOW.
    >>Resistance is futile.

    > I don't have that problem, WGA gets in the way ;-)

    Don't worry. Microsoft will find a way around it and knock out
    all of IE's competing browsers at the same time.
    Ghostrider, Nov 4, 2006
  13. Borg

    elaich Guest

    Fuzzy Logic <> wrote in

    > Continue to believe this if you want but even the new security head at
    > Mozilla will not state the Firefox is more secure than IE:

    She's never been used to working for a company that emphasizes security.
    She's used to making excuses and hoping nobody ever asks her an informed
    question about browser security.
    elaich, Nov 4, 2006
  14. Borg

    Barry Guest

    A idiot is a idiot no matter what browser they use,,,

    Barry, Nov 4, 2006
  15. > Fuzzy Logic <> wrote in

    >> Continue to believe this if you want but even the new security
    >> head at Mozilla will not state the Firefox is more secure than
    >> IE:
    >>
    >> http://news.com.com/2102-7355_3-6117896.html?tag=st.util.print

    elaich <> loquaciously articulated in

    > She's never been used to working for a company that emphasizes
    > security. She's used to making excuses and hoping nobody ever
    > asks her an informed question about browser security.

    LOL! The famous talking-point response "Yes, that is a problem, and we
    *are* working on it."

    --

    When I think back on all the blessings
    which have been dispensed in my lifetime:

    .... unless you count that rattlesnake
    who granted me all those wishes.
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 4, 2006
  16. Bucky Breeder <> wrote

    > Borg loquaciously articulated:
    >> You MUST update to Internet Explorer 7. Do it NOW.
    >> Resistance is futile.

    > I started last night on my most, errrr, not expendable, but "least
    > cruicial" machines. What is a little weird, is that the installation
    > routine, a la Microsoft's Windows Update site, acts a little
    > different on each machine.
    >
    > What I like about the upgrade is that Window Washer v6.x, Download
    > Express, IESpell, and most of my little freebie plug-ins remain
    > compatible and still work. And *that* is a *major* relief! To me.
    >
    > (The installation routine may also hide some of the dialog screens,
    > so don't get scared and think it's all frozen up, get all pissed off
    > and go cold-booting out of there... Once you click-thru the dialogs
    > it'll want to reboot.) An example is on my second machine and
    > routine, the upgrade from IE6 to IE7 put the Language Bar on my
    > taskbar. (to the right, adjacent to the "System Notification Area")
    >
    > [LOL @ M$ = used to be called "SysTray" but in XP they went with
    > "System Notification Area"; so in Vista maybe it'll be called the
    > "Electronic Mechanical Operating System's Ifrastructure Notification
    > Process via Icon Accessible Acquisition Interfaces' Allocated Display
    > Space with Distinct Geometrical Boundries Generally Rectangular in
    > Shape"] Ahhh... That's Microsoft working hard for us, and to cure the
    > world of AIDS and illiteracy.

    BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    > Anyway, I had to dig into Ctrl Pnl > Regional and Language Settings >
    > Languages tab > "Details..." button > "Preferences" screen >
    > "Language Bar..." button > Language Bar Settings <wwwwhhhhewwww
    > whhhheee> and deselect the 1st and 3rd boxes. Buh bye, Language Bar.
    >
    > So, the point is not so much "I MUST" update, as it is that in order
    > to be a really good citizen of the world, I should do my part and
    > update, then buy some, if not most, of the add-ons - and just
    > generally make the whole world a safer, happier, and more colorful
    > place by either making Microsoft richer, or by being prepared to make
    > them richer -- when the hive sends out the signal.

    .....and I feel your pain! I haven't upgraded and I don't think I
    will comply for a few more months....I'm skeered. <grin>

    @}-}-------Rosee, Nov 5, 2006
  17. Borg <> radiantly announced in

    "@}-}-------Rosee" <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> loquaciously
    articulated in news:Xns9871C7E82B771roseeneener@216.196.97.140:

    > Bucky Breeder <> wrote
    >
    >> I started last night on my most, errrr, not expendable, but
    >> "least cruicial" machines. What is a little weird, is that the
    >> installation routine, a la Microsoft's Windows Update site, acts
    >> a little different on each machine.
    >>
    >> What I like about the upgrade is that Window Washer v6.x,
    >> Download Express, IESpell, and most of my little freebie plug-ins
    >> remain compatible and still work. And *that* is a *major* relief!
    >> To me.
    >>
    >> (The installation routine may also hide some of the dialog
    >> screens, so don't get scared and think it's all frozen up, get
    >> all pissed off and go cold-booting out of there... Once you
    >> click-thru the dialogs it'll want to reboot.) An example is on my
    >> second machine and routine, the upgrade from IE6 to IE7 put the
    >> Language Bar on my taskbar. (to the right, adjacent to the
    >> "System Notification Area")
    >>
    >> [LOL @ M$ = used to be called "SysTray" but in XP they went with
    >> "System Notification Area"; so in Vista maybe it'll be called the
    >> "Electronic Mechanical Operating System's Ifrastructure
    >> Notification Process via Icon Accessible Acquisition Interfaces'
    >> Allocated Display Space with Distinct Geometrical Boundries
    >> Generally Rectangular in Shape"] Ahhh... That's Microsoft working
    >> hard for us, and to cure the world of AIDS and illiteracy.

    > BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    >> Anyway, I had to dig into Ctrl Pnl > Regional and Language
    >> Settings > Languages tab > "Details..." button > "Preferences"
    >> screen > "Language Bar..." button > Language Bar Settings
    >> <wwwwhhhhewwww whhhheee> and deselect the 1st and 3rd boxes. Buh
    >> bye, Language Bar.
    >>
    >> So, the point is not so much "I MUST" update, as it is that in
    >> order to be a really good citizen of the world, I should do my
    >> part and update, then buy some, if not most, of the add-ons - and
    >> just generally make the whole world a safer, happier, and more
    >> colorful place by either making Microsoft richer, or by being
    >> prepared to make them richer -- when the hive sends out the
    >> signal.

    > ....and I feel your pain! I haven't upgraded and I don't think I
    > will comply for a few more months....I'm skeered. <grin>

    :cool: As to the systay bit, I think the 'Microsoft Think Tank' might add
    "... Optionally Expandable or Contractable for Temporarily Non-Deployed
    Target Application Concealment with Access on Demand."]

    LOL! I was 'rightly-askeered' too! After the first couple of cautious
    update episodes, and a couple days of running with it now, (I haven't
    tried RSS feeds yet - just still having trouble wrapping-my-head-
    around-that 'being in the browser' as opposed to a stand-alone) I
    haven't really found anything horribly negative about it. My best shot
    would be that my IE4 Toolbar Wallpaper [M$ non-supported toy in IE4,5&
    6] doesn't work anymore, even though IE7 includes the interface in the
    "Tools" button's drop-down menu on the right side of the "Command
    Bar." I miss my Maple woodgrain on my toolbar configuration. ;,-รพ

    I think most of the hard-core hold-outs are actually going to like the
    "clap-on / clap-off" disappearing / reappearing Menu bar - gives you
    more horizontal screen space. Actually you can right-click a blank area
    on the command bar, and select or de-select Meun bar, which accordingly
    instantly complies. I'm really ambivalent about the tabs feature
    hoopla, as opposed to the taskbar buttons (this was my hold-over
    position with FireFox as well), but overall, it seems quite intuitive
    with no major problems or crashes -- yet. <fingers crossed> <knocks on
    wood> <salt over shoulder> <prayers to various mother-of-god icons>

    All my secure sites are accessible and render without any problems -
    *unlike* the upgrade from IE5 to IE6. [That was about a 6 week mess]

    Also, IE7 immediately seems *way* more aggressive at attacking those
    persistent pop-ups, like at VCDQuality.com or AllMusic.com, which would
    find ways to get around the IE6 protections. Alas, that may just be a
    matter of time before we're back to those Pop-up-Pestilences again.

    Web sites which have media embedded seem less chaotic at default
    settings to me as well, but I think the IE7 install routine
    "considers" and "incorporates" each box's current settings, or lack of
    settings, when you install -- at least the routine at Windows Update
    site seemed to.

    So, I'm happy to report that it's not nearly so painful as I had feared
    it may have been, and as-of-now the advantages are apparent while the
    disadvantages seem at worst-case to be merely ephemeral.

    Now, if they'll just fix my Maple woodgrain tool-bar paper, I might be
    totally assimilated...

    Resistance is futile. (Unless you've been futiled once before...)

    --

    Our advanced civilization tends to scoff
    at the beliefs of the ancients.

    But we can not scoff at them personally,
    right up in their faces;
    and, this is what really annoys me.
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 5, 2006
  18. Borg