    can access SOME folders on my laptop from the desktop but cannot access
    anything from laptop except the printer! HELP!

    Roger C
    =?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXIgQw==?=, Feb 26, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXIgQw==?=

    Malke Guest

    Roger C wrote:

    > Error Message reads: "FILENAME is not accessible. You might not have
    > permission to use this network resource. ...
    > Not enough server storage space is available to process this command."

    (snip)

    Credit to MVP Hans-Georg Michna:

    This error indicates that you are falling foul of the IRPStackSize bug.
    The problem is on the machine you are attempting to connect to, not the
    machine where you see the error message. On the computer you are
    attempting to connect to, check the event viewer for an event ID 2011.

    Usual fix : You need to fix a parameter called IRPStackSize

    On the computer you are attempting to connect to, Set the IRPStackSize
    back to the default (15 ). Perform the following steps:

    1. Start regedit.
    2. Navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters.
    3. Double-click IRPStackSize (or if this registry setting doesn't
    exist, create it with type DWORD and ensure the case is correct).
    4. Change the base to decimal, set the value to 15, and click OK.
    5. Reboot the computer.

    Norton AV is usual suspect for breaking it. There's a KB article about
    this, too:

    Antivirus Software May Cause Event ID 2011 (Q177078)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;177078

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell