    Gemini Guest

    How can I take out this warning from Microsoft? Don't tell I got to buy
    a copy,can't afford it

    Gemini, Sep 27, 2006

  2. Gemini

    ian field Guest

    "Gemini" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How can I take out this warning from Microsoft? Don't tell I got to buy
    > a copy,can't afford it

    System restore to a point before Billy-G sussed your pirate copy, then
    disable automatic updates.

    ian field, Sep 27, 2006

  3. Gemini

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Re: You may be a victim of software counterfeiting. The Windows productkey installed on this computer is not genuine.

    Gemini wrote:
    > How can I take out this warning from Microsoft? Don't tell I got to buy
    > a copy,can't afford it

    Well, if you brought the computer from a supposed reputable vendor with
    O/S price included in the package, then you should be on their ass
    about why did they sell you a computer with an O/S that's not legal.

    If that's not the case, then you're shit out of luck on getting any
    security updates, unless you buy a legal copy of the O/S.

    On the other hand, you can find Linux (the shit is free) and install that.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Sep 27, 2006
  4. Gemini

    Guest

    , Sep 27, 2006
  5. Gemini

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Sep 28, 2006
  6. Gemini

    Bill Guest

    "Gemini" <> wrote in message
    > How can I take out this warning from Microsoft? Don't tell I got to buy
    > a copy,can't afford it

    Get rid of WGA check (see post above), set automatic updates to download and
    notify you when ready, select custom install when you are ready, this will
    show a list of updates, do not install WGA. Also do not allow the computer
    to install updates when you hit shut down.

    Works for me.
    Bill

    Bill, Sep 28, 2006
  7. Gemini

    SgtMinor Guest

    Gemini wrote:
    > How can I take out this warning from Microsoft? Don't tell I got to buy
    > a copy,can't afford it

    If you can't afford it, don't use it. You have no right to steal
    stuff, and people who do cause problems for the rest.

    There are free OS's out there.

    SgtMinor, Sep 28, 2006
  8. Gemini

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > How can I take out this warning from Microsoft? Don't tell I got to buy
    > a copy,can't afford it

    Are you saying that you know your copy if pirated and you don't care?

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, Sep 28, 2006
  9. Gemini

    ian field Guest

    "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    > Gemini wrote:
    >> How can I take out this warning from Microsoft? Don't tell I got to buy
    >> a copy,can't afford it
    >>

    > If you can't afford it, don't use it. You have no right to steal stuff,
    > and people who do cause problems for the rest.
    >
    > There are free OS's out there.

    Bill Gates could sell the software at affordable prices and still have more
    money than he knew what to do with - especially since more people would
    cough up!

    ian field, Sep 28, 2006
  10. Gemini

    sittingduck Guest

    sittingduck, Sep 28, 2006
  11. Gemini

    John Guest

    On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:12:42 GMT, "ian field" <>
    wrote:

    >"SgtMinor" <> wrote in message

    >Bill Gates could sell the software at affordable prices and still have more
    >money than he knew what to do with - especially since more people would
    >cough up!

    Yes, but that's not the point. Just because someone sells a product at
    an unreasonably high price that doesn't give you the moral right to
    steal that product. Like the other poster said, if you can't afford
    it, or I might add if you think it's priced too high, then don't use
    it. Either find another OS that you can afford, or stop using a
    computer.

    John, Sep 28, 2006
  12. Gemini

    ian field Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:12:42 GMT, "ian field" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"SgtMinor" <> wrote in message

    >>Bill Gates could sell the software at affordable prices and still have
    >>more
    >>money than he knew what to do with - especially since more people would
    >>cough up!

    > Yes, but that's not the point. Just because someone sells a product at
    > an unreasonably high price that doesn't give you the moral right to
    > steal that product. Like the other poster said, if you can't afford
    > it, or I might add if you think it's priced too high, then don't use
    > it. Either find another OS that you can afford, or stop using a
    > computer.

    I guess some people (quite a lot of people actually!) can't see much
    distinction between rip off pricing and stealing!

    ian field, Sep 28, 2006
  13. Gemini

    SgtMinor Guest

    ian field wrote:
    > "John" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:12:42 GMT, "ian field" <>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>"SgtMinor" <> wrote in message

    >>>Bill Gates could sell the software at affordable prices and still have
    >>>more
    >>>money than he knew what to do with - especially since more people would
    >>>cough up!

    >>Yes, but that's not the point. Just because someone sells a product at
    >>an unreasonably high price that doesn't give you the moral right to
    >>steal that product. Like the other poster said, if you can't afford
    >>it, or I might add if you think it's priced too high, then don't use
    >>it. Either find another OS that you can afford, or stop using a
    >>computer.
    >>

    > I guess some people (quite a lot of people actually!) can't see much
    > distinction between rip off pricing and stealing!

    Your lack of moral reasoning was duly noted when you abetted the
    thief with your response.

    SgtMinor, Sep 28, 2006
  14. Gemini

    Dustin Guest

    "Gemini" <> wrote in news:1159390866.679455.156880
    @h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

    > How can I take out this warning from Microsoft? Don't tell I got to buy
    > a copy,can't afford it

    You can try to cheat the system.. By obtaining a valid volume license
    key... Good luck, those of us who have them aren't going to just cough them
    up. We paid for them. :)

    I'm getting the impression tho that you know it's pirated. Windows XP Corp
    edition mebbe? If you do a right click on my computer, hit properties, are
    you getting a XXXXX-640,641,642 key by chance?

    It's just a matter of time before it'll get worse for you. WGA is the
    beginning, and while you can disable it for now, I'm sure disabling windows
    until you do fix the key is just around the bend.

    --
    Dustin Cook
    Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool

    Dustin, Sep 29, 2006
  15. Gemini

    ian field Guest

    "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    > ian field wrote:
    >> "John" <> wrote in message

    >>>Yes, but that's not the point. Just because someone sells a product at
    >>>an unreasonably high price that doesn't give you the moral right to
    >>>steal that product. Like the other poster said, if you can't afford
    >>>it, or I might add if you think it's priced too high, then don't use
    >>>it. Either find another OS that you can afford, or stop using a
    >>>computer.
    >>>

    >> I guess some people (quite a lot of people actually!) can't see much
    >> distinction between rip off pricing and stealing!

    > Your lack of moral reasoning was duly noted when you abetted the thief
    > with your response.

    And while you stand there wagging your finger at me, there's dozens of other
    people all over the net creating hacks & cracks to disable the XP WGA
    nagware!

    ian field, Sep 29, 2006
  16. Gemini

    ian field Guest

    "Dustin" <> wrote in message
    > "Gemini" <> wrote in news:1159390866.679455.156880
    > @h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> How can I take out this warning from Microsoft? Don't tell I got to buy
    >> a copy,can't afford it
    >>

    > You can try to cheat the system.. By obtaining a valid volume license
    > key... Good luck, those of us who have them aren't going to just cough
    > them
    > up. We paid for them. :)
    >
    > I'm getting the impression tho that you know it's pirated. Windows XP Corp
    > edition mebbe? If you do a right click on my computer, hit properties, are
    > you getting a XXXXX-640,641,642 key by chance?
    >
    > It's just a matter of time before it'll get worse for you. WGA is the
    > beginning, and while you can disable it for now, I'm sure disabling
    > windows
    > until you do fix the key is just around the bend.
    >

    > --
    > Dustin Cook
    > Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool
    > http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk
    > Awarded 5 doves by completelyfreesoftware.com
    > 100% clean award by softpedia.com
    > http://www.softpedia.com/progClean/BugHunter-Clean-50616.html

    Anything that increases the popularity of Linux can't be all bad!

    ian field, Sep 29, 2006
  17. > "Dustin" <> wrote in message

    >> Dustin Cook
    >> Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool
    >> http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk
    >> Awarded 5 doves by completelyfreesoftware.com

    completelyfreesoftware is a pay site for freeware.

    Go figure.

    >> 100% clean award by softpedia.com
    >> http://www.softpedia.com/progClean/BugHunter-Clean-50616.html

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softpedia#How_software_is_listed.2Fupdated_on_softpedia

    "However, there have been accusations of Softpedia directly stealing
    content from competing websites, such as Fileforum, Major Geeks, Kool
    Lite Tools, Neowin, and SnapFiles. There have also been instances of
    programs certified as 'clean' that have been found to contain spyware or
    malware. Be careful with what you download regardless of it's 'clean'
    status."

    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk

    Happiness limits the amount of suffering one is
    willing to inflict on others. Phèdre nó Delaunay

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Sep 29, 2006
  18. Gemini

    SgtMinor Guest

    ian field wrote:

    > "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>ian field wrote:
    >>
    >>>"John" <> wrote in message

    >>>I guess some people (quite a lot of people actually!) can't see much
    >>>distinction between rip off pricing and stealing!

    >>Your lack of moral reasoning was duly noted when you abetted the thief
    >>with your response.

    > And while you stand there wagging your finger at me, there's dozens of other
    > people all over the net creating hacks & cracks to disable the XP WGA
    > nagware!

    Do you have any idea how pathetic your arguments are? First you
    seem to suggest that it's OK to steal something that you consider
    to be overpriced, and now it's OK because everybody else does it.

    SgtMinor, Sep 29, 2006
  19. Gemini

    ian field Guest

    "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    > ian field wrote:
    >
    >> "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message

    >>>Your lack of moral reasoning was duly noted when you abetted the thief
    >>>with your response.

    >> And while you stand there wagging your finger at me, there's dozens of
    >> other people all over the net creating hacks & cracks to disable the XP
    >> WGA nagware!

    > Do you have any idea how pathetic your arguments are? First you seem to
    > suggest that it's OK to steal something that you consider to be
    > overpriced, and now it's OK because everybody else does it.

    Not only that, but everyone else is collaborating with each other to make
    stealing it even easier!

    ian field, Sep 29, 2006
  20. Gemini

    Guest

    Rhonda Lea Kirk wrote:
    > > "Dustin" <> wrote in message

    > >> Dustin Cook
    > >> Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool
    > >> http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk
    > >> Awarded 5 doves by completelyfreesoftware.com

    > completelyfreesoftware is a pay site for freeware.
    >
    > Go figure.
    >
    > >> 100% clean award by softpedia.com
    > >> http://www.softpedia.com/progClean/BugHunter-Clean-50616.html

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softpedia#How_software_is_listed.2Fupdated_on_softpedia
    >
    > "However, there have been accusations of Softpedia directly stealing
    > content from competing websites, such as Fileforum, Major Geeks, Kool
    > Lite Tools, Neowin, and SnapFiles. There have also been instances of
    > programs certified as 'clean' that have been found to contain spyware or
    > malware. Be careful with what you download regardless of it's 'clean'
    > status."

    http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/bughunter/bughunter.html :)

    Nice smear campaign you have going... Too bad it's going to fall flat
    on it's ass, dear.

    --
    Dustin
    Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool
    http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk

    , Sep 29, 2006